Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that! :floorlaugh: And he looked the complete opposite of "not scared at all." In fact, he looked as if he were going to try clawing his way out of there at any second screaming "Mommy, Mommy!"

He probably wasn't scared until she mentioned it! :facepalm:

He probably wasn't scared until she mentioned it! :facepalm:

:floorlaugh: I know, right?

CNN host: So Martin, you're not scared down there are you?

Martin: Oh not at all! This is great!

CNN host: Wow, I sure would be! In that tiny space with no way to get out, water all around you...

Martin: Ahhhh....AHHHHHHHHH *clawing sounds*

CNN host: Back to you, Bob!

Please accept my apologies for the random posts that appeared here - I was transcribing a BlogTalkRadio show with family members of the missing child on the broadcast (listening via the web while posting on an iPhone).

I haven't posted here in a while, and I have NO idea how my posts ended up on the MH370 thread.

I am mortified, and have flagged the posts that I can't access to edit (Tapatalk won't allow me to completely delete them).

I meant no disrespect to the hard work, and sleuthing you all have and continue to do here. If you had heard the BTR broadcast, it was a universe away from the decorum in which you all conduct yourselves here.

Forgive me.....

~k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awww, don't give it a second thought! That's happened to me several times, I have more than one thread open and oops!

Awww, don't give it a second thought! That's happened to me several times, I have more than one thread open and oops!

Internet misdirections happen to everyone and anyone. It means nothing. Forget about it and get a good night's sleep.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I am waiting to see what the fifth round of sonar investigation finds. If, the case is solved, great! If not, I will hang out in the background for a few more days and then attempt to bring this mystery back to the basics.

As far as paying for this, would this not be a good training opportunity for many involved?
SAR and military groups should use this exercise voluntarily and take donations.
What's the point of having all this fancy equipment and not use it in real life situation?

JMO.

For the majority of the time that's been spent on the search a lot of it has basically been classed as a training opportunity for a variety of departments. That was mentioned some time back in media.

There's also been folks working voluntarily throughout the search as it was reported members of South Australia's State Emergency Service were sent out as aerial observers. They have the training for it & they are all volunteers. I applaud them for doing so!

Applause also for the numerous people involved in the search no matter which country they're from. They have formed a united front & are all very determined to find this plane.

The minisub searching for missing flight MH370 has reached record depths well beyond its normal operating limits, officials said, as it dove on its fifth seabed mission.

Searchers have extended the hunt beyond the normal 4,500 metre depth range of the US Navy's Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV), called Bluefin-21.

“The AUV reached a record depth of 4,695 metres during mission four,” the US Navy said. “This is the first time the Bluefin-21 has descended to this depth.

Australia's Joint Agency Coordination Centre said the minisub had been deployed on a new mission as operations run round the clock.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...nes-flight-mh370/story-e6frg95x-1226889298155

This from the same politician who assured the loved ones on March 31st:

I guess this is costing a lot, and at the time they were "confident" they were very close.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/dead-end-malaysia-airlines-searchers-giving/story?id=23123066

BBM

Apr 18, 2014

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott was quoted by the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday as saying that "we believe that (underwater) search will be completed within a week or so. If we don't find wreckage, we stop, we regroup, we reconsider".

Asked by Reuters to clarify Abbott's comments to the newspaper, his office said he was only suggesting that authorities may change the area being searched by the Bluefin-21 drone, not that the search would be called off.

Malaysia's defence minister, Hishammuddin Hussein, vowed that the search would continue even if there could be a pause to regroup and reconsider the best area to scour.

"The search will always continue. It's just a matter of approach," he told a news conference in Kuala Lumpur.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/drone-risks-damage-record-depth-090643739.html

Angus Houston confident Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will be found soon

April 19, 2014 12:00AM

FOR Angus Houston, rescuing drowning sailors in darkness from a stormy sea, searching for downed planes in snow-capped Canadian mountains, and dropping supplies to fishing boats in the middle of the ocean is nothing compared with the magnitude of the “unique” task of trying to find Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/an...ll-be-found-soon/story-fniztvne-1226889351223

I just heard on the MH 370 network (cnn) that the search area has been narowed down to 20 square miles. 20 x 20 = 400.

Im pretty sure they found Air France 447 just a few miles from its last known position, and that took two years.

400 miles.

CNN now has a really good computer picture show depicting the South Korean ferry sinkage, so I wonder if they are going to focus on the latest diaster rather than MH370, but no, next story is from martin savage in the sub.

btw, has ANYONE ever heard of an oil slick as evidence of an aircraft accident? I never have, ever.

jus sayin.

They're on Van Island?

No, they're off the coast of the mainland of British Columbia in Horseshoe Bay. There's a village there (on the coast) named after the Bay and a Ferry Terminal where you can take a ferry to Vancouver Island and others.

IMO; UFly should have provided appropriate uniforms if they didn't like how he was dressed for CNN. He didn't ask to be thrust in the spotlight on TV. What he is wearing isn't much different then Martin Savidge

Ive never seen martin savage with his shirt hanging down, unbuttoned. Ive also never seen a simulator instructor dressed like that. Simulator instructors usually understand that they are professionals and dress accordingly.

BBM

Apr 18, 2014

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott was quoted by the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday as saying that "we believe that (underwater) search will be completed within a week or so. If we don't find wreckage, we stop, we regroup, we reconsider".

Asked by Reuters to clarify Abbott's comments to the newspaper, his office said he was only suggesting that authorities may change the area being searched by the Bluefin-21 drone, not that the search would be called off.

Malaysia's defence minister, Hishammuddin Hussein, vowed that the search would continue even if there could be a pause to regroup and reconsider the best area to scour.

"The search will always continue. It's just a matter of approach," he told a news conference in Kuala Lumpur.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/drone-risks-damage-record-depth-090643739.html

Don't get me wrong, the time and effort put into this is amazing, and especially Australia for organizing this.

In the beginning, it was a gong show, but it seems like were close.

I just hope, they don't take a break, and I wonder if that's what PM Abbott means by "regroup".

I just feel one day they will find it, and it was be when we least expect it.

JMO.

IMO; UFly should have provided appropriate uniforms if they didn't like how he was dressed for CNN. He didn't ask to be thrust in the spotlight on TV. What he is wearing isn't much different then Martin Savidge

After reviewing again, I don't think it's his attire per se, but more of his posture. He does appear to be unprofesional.

However, I believe it's up to uFly to correct any of negative perpection the public may have.

JMO.

I just heard on the MH 370 network (cnn) that the search area has been narowed down to 20 square miles. 20 x 20 = 400.

Im pretty sure they found Air France 447 just a few miles from its last known position, and that took two years.

400 miles.

CNN now has a really good computer picture show depicting the South Korean ferry sinkage, so I wonder if they are going to focus on the latest diaster rather than MH370, but no, next story is from martin savage in the sub.

btw, has ANYONE ever heard of an oil slick as evidence of an aircraft accident? I never have, ever.

jus sayin.

BBM ~ No, it's not the oil from MH370.

http://time.com/66312/samples-collected-from-oil-slick-not-from-plane/

No, they're off the coast of the mainland of British Columbia in Horseshoe Bay. There's a village there (on the coast) named after the Bay and a Ferry Terminal where you can take a ferry to Vancouver Island and others.

:seeya: I live in BC and took the ferry from there. For some reason I thought it was on the island where Nanaimo terminal is.

I posted earlier that CNN announced that the "search area" had been reduced to 20 square miles, but I actually thought they said 20,000 square miles. I discounted that since 20,000 x 20,000 = 400,000, and that is an absurd number, and cannot be true. But I have kept the TV on, and, sure enough, CNN is announcing this morning that the search area has been "reduced" to 400,000 miles.

REALLY!!!!!!:floorlaugh:

:seeya: I live in BC and took the ferry from there. For some reason I thought it was on the island where Nanaimo terminal is.

There's a ferry that goes from Departure Bay in Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay in North Vancouver. Van Isle girl here, taken that one a number of times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyH