Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing on CNN that the 777 is outfitted with four emergency locator transmitters that are independently powered and activated in water. How is it possible that not one of the transmitters was activated? I would need one heck of a lot of proof that this plane is in water. IMO the current search is a waste of resources and $$ since it is focused in an area that is speculative. What absolute proof is there that this plane did not fly in another direction like North?

Thank You

Yes...Buuuuuuuut ( sorry there always seems to be a But)

Flight MH370: Emergency beacon mystery examined
24 March 2014

http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2014/03/flight-mh370-emergency.cfm

“These beacons are equipped with their own batteries and shouldn’t be affected by any sort of power failure in the aircraft.
However, once they sink completely, the water blocks the signal transmission.
There were cases in the past when a helicopter or an airplane simply sank like a stone and the beacon didn’t have a chance to activate,” says Cermack, who has extensive experience with search and rescue operations

Beacons not always mandatory
Moreover, there are no set international regulations requiring all aircraft worldwide to be equipped with such a beacon, or Emergency Locator Transmitter. The guidance is fully in the hands of aviation authorities of individual countries.

According to the spokesman of Boeing UK, the lost Malaysian aircraft, a Boeing 777-2H6ER was delivered to Malaysia Airlines with four emergency locator transmitters back in 2002.

However, the company doesn’t have any information about whether the operator (Malaysia Airlines) made any upgrades to the system since.

It is not known which version of the Emergency Locator Transmitter was aboard flight MH370.
----------------------

http://www.acrartex.com/products/catalog/elts-general-aviation/

As of 2009, traditional 121.5 MHz ELTs are no longer monitored by satellite.

The system has been replaced by a far more powerful and robust system operating on 406 MHz. - See more at: http://www.acrartex.com/products/catalog/elts-general-aviation/#sthash.VuNng1q5.dpuf

6 weeks in and still nothing...crazy...
Apologies if this offends anyone but it just about sums it up for me!

Attachments

• FunnyPart-com-stealth_bomber_vs_air_malaysia.jpg
    FunnyPart-com-stealth_bomber_vs_air_malaysia.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 41
Thank You

Yes...Buuuuuuuut ( sorry there always seems to be a But)

Flight MH370: Emergency beacon mystery examined
24 March 2014

http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2014/03/flight-mh370-emergency.cfm

“These beacons are equipped with their own batteries and shouldn’t be affected by any sort of power failure in the aircraft.
However, once they sink completely, the water blocks the signal transmission.
There were cases in the past when a helicopter or an airplane simply sank like a stone and the beacon didn’t have a chance to activate,” says Cermack, who has extensive experience with search and rescue operations

Beacons not always mandatory
Moreover, there are no set international regulations requiring all aircraft worldwide to be equipped with such a beacon, or Emergency Locator Transmitter. The guidance is fully in the hands of aviation authorities of individual countries.

According to the spokesman of Boeing UK, the lost Malaysian aircraft, a Boeing 777-2H6ER was delivered to Malaysia Airlines with four emergency locator transmitters back in 2002.

However, the company doesn’t have any information about whether the operator (Malaysia Airlines) made any upgrades to the system since.

It is not known which version of the Emergency Locator Transmitter was aboard flight MH370.
----------------------

Sweet! Then there is this little problem that probably wasn't addressed:
http://www.bellenews.com/2013/07/29/business-news/boeing-in-worldwide-aircraft-inspection/

Malaysia and Australia will sign a deal that specifies who will handle any wreckage from missing flight MH370 that may be recovered, including the crucial black box flight data recorders, according to Malaysian media reports.

Officials in Malaysia are drafting the agreement "to safeguard both nations from any legal pitfalls that may surface during that (recovery) phase," the government-controlled New Straits Times says.

The Malaysian government hopes the deal can be finalised soon and endorsed in a cabinet meeting next week.

Australian officials are studying the memorandum of understanding (MoU), the newspaper says.

"The MoU spells out exactly who does what and the areas of responsibility," civil aviation chief Azharuddin Abdul Rahman was quoted as saying.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-18/australia-malaysia-work-on-deal-over-mh370-recovery/5399466

I am still leaning quite a bit towards MH370 got shot down by military aircraft.

MH370 went missing very close to the Russia-Ukraine thing, didn't it?

I am still leaning quite a bit towards MH370 got shot down by military aircraft.

MH370 went missing very close to the Russia-Ukraine thing, didn't it?

Wouldn't debris have been spotted somewhere? By satellites?

Wouldn't debris have been spotted somewhere? By satellites?

Not if they're not looking or focusing on it.

I'm just bored. :blushing: Sorry!

I'm watching the S. Korea sinking ferry and it still blows my mind that Captains jump ship. Those poor families... again.

I have to remind myself that MH370 will be found one day. This is not easy!

I have faith in all the parties involved, including China if logistics can get sorted out.

comparing+the+depth+zone.jpg

Sweet! Then there is this little problem that probably wasn't addressed:
http://www.bellenews.com/2013/07/29/business-news/boeing-in-worldwide-aircraft-inspection/

Same link from Isabelle:

It added that as the ceiling space where the ELT is located does “not typically carry the means of fire detection… had this event occurred in flight it could pose a significant safety concern and raise challenges for the cabin crew in tackling the resulting fire”.

I still feel the same I did 6 weeks ago - there was a fire onboard.

The other theories still stick until proven otherwise.

There's a ferry that goes from Departure Bay in Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay in North Vancouver. Van Isle girl here, taken that one a number of times. :)

It's actually West Vancouver!:)

Yeah, you're right. Just checked the boundaries. I have usually taken that one from the Vancouver side, and drove through N. Van to get there, so didn't realize it had become West Van before we got to the ferry terminal.

6 weeks in and still nothing...crazy...
Apologies if this offends anyone but it just about sums it up for me!

It's all my brain can conjure up!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Hearing on CNN that the 777 is outfitted with four emergency locator transmitters that are independently powered and activated in water. How is it possible that not one of the transmitters was activated? I would need one heck of a lot of proof that this plane is in water. IMO the current search is a waste of resources and $$ since it is focused in an area that is speculative. What absolute proof is there that this plane did not fly in another direction like North?

They only activate if they are submerged 4 meters or less under the water.
If the plane sunk intact, then the emergency beacons wouldn't have gone off.

bbm

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The "Brady Bunch" is sooooo annoying to me. Not the people on it, but just the design of it. They don't need so many people on at one time!! Every person only gets to say like one sentence! :facepalm:

:floorlaugh:

What is so funny to me is how all positive they all were at first with how they knew for sure they were in the right spot and how the black box would be found. Then as the weeks drug on, the Brady Bunch began to have a few defectors but the majority of them said "No, they are in the right spot and they will find it soon".

Then as the reality sunk in that they may not even be in the right spot, we had more defectors and now the Brady Bunch has been reduced to an embarrased dribbling crew trying to give a glimmer of hope. We dont get the screaming yelling reassurances anymore that we are even in the right spot anymore.

CNN has squeezed as much orange juice as they could out of this and now we are down to the rind.

Todays Search

Joint Agency Coordination Centre
Media Release
19 April 2014—am

Up to 11 military aircraft and 12 ships will assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Today the Australian Maritime Safety Authority has planned a visual search area totalling approximately 50,200 square kilometres, across three areas.

Overnight Bluefin-21 AUV completed mission six in the underwater search area. Bluefin-21 has searched approximately 133 square kilometres to date. Data from the sixth mission is currently under analysis. No contacts of interest have been found to date.

Bluefin-21 AUV's seventh mission has commenced. The weather forecast for today is isolated showers and south easterly winds.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr028.aspx

Yeah, I keep getting pulled back to those early photos of debris off Vietnam, the sighting of the plane on fire from the oil rig and the fire canister over in the Islands...

It was hilarious earlier today when Erin Burnett was interviewing him (while underwater) and she asked him if it was terrifying to be stuck in such a claustrophobic environment with no way out, etc ... and Martin was just like "uuuuh, no, I'm not scared at all..."

I have got to find footage of that. :floorlaugh:

If Martin would have seen the Myth Busters episode where they showed how a deep sea diver could get sucked up into his helmet due to water pressure I dont think he would have gone down in that thing.

It is interesting how you sometimes are not afraid of something until someone else helps you realize the dangers. I used to have no problem swimming in the ocean until my spouse convinced me of all the creatures out there that can hurt you. I always knew they were there but somehow pooh poohed them. But the more I thought about it and the more I watched discovery channel the more I realized that it is kind of dangerous.

Then the thing that really put me over the edge was fishing from shore with a rod+reel in the sand. I caught all kinds of creatures and when I snagged a horseshoe crab with a huge stinger on the tail that was it. No more swimming in the ocean for me. I am reduced to walking in to where the water splashes on my legs. And even then I constantly gaze the water for the dangerous beasts that lurk in the depths. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee