Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BleNvNgIEAA5x4J.jpg:large

There's a ferry that goes from Departure Bay in Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay in North Vancouver. Van Isle girl here, taken that one a number of times. :)

:floorlaugh: I had them in reverse order!

Ive never seen martin savage with his shirt hanging down, unbuttoned. Ive also never seen a simulator instructor dressed like that. Simulator instructors usually understand that they are professionals and dress accordingly.

I've never seen a simulator instructor so have no clue how they dress. I think some sort of UFly uniform would have been better. I assume UFly didn't have another instructor to put on CNN. IMO they hold some responsibility too; they should have stopped it in the beginning if they didn't like it. I dislike how they're now saying he was not an employee

I didn't watch a lot of CNN; was going by the photos. Martin was dressed casual too.

UFly Media Inquiries and Press Releases PRESS STATEMENT April 17, 2014 Mississauga, Ontario

uFly Simulator Inc. wishes to clarify the recent news concerning Mitchell Casado. Mr. Casado was not an employee of uFly but rather an independent consultant who was retained by the company to fly the simulator, instruct customers on its operation and provide the ultimate piloting experience to patrons of the business. Over time, there developed a difference of opinion as to how to do that between Mr. Casado and uFly which ultimately resulted in uFly ending the relationship yesterday. uFly’s business plan calls for the company to have several pilots available and on call to provide this service to the company and be available for customers at all times.

Mr. Teixeira sincerely apologizes for any misunderstanding and had no intention of offending fellow Canadians or anyone else for that matter. This was an internal company matter that needed to be addressed and had to be dealt with.

uFly Simulator Inc. is a flight simulation company open to the public to provide customers with an exciting and memorable experience of flying an airplane. The 777 simulator is a state of the art machine giving a panoramic 180 degree view of what a pilot sees in flying this type of aircraft. To Experience the simulator may be made by calling (416) 777-2261 or by visiting our website at www.uflysimulator.ca.

This is so very sad.

Some families refuse to believe the aircraft crashed into the sea and have instead denounced the search effort as a coverup.
"We believe the plane and our relatives are still alive. Bring them home, that's all we ask," said one of the Chinese relatives, who would only give his surname, Zhang. "The only way there could be no evidence, no debris is if the plane landed intact."
He and several other family members marched from the prayer service to a local park and held a brief sit-in on Friday.
For other waiting families, each day with no news brings more tortuous doubts as they try to go on living without knowing why their relatives didn't come home.
"We ask that they find the plane, find our loved ones, live or dead, give us something," Song said. "Until the evidence is presented, we have a right to question."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/6-weeks...piece-of-debris-found-1.1781673#ixzz2zFuR7pSe

IMO; UFly should have provided appropriate uniforms if they didn't like how he was dressed for CNN. He didn't ask to be thrust in the spotlight on TV. What he is wearing isn't much different then Martin Savidge

I agree

DH and I have owned numerous businesses and when I read the article and his statements the owner pissed me off more than the way Cassado was dressed.

First off, IMO the owner should speak for himself and his company and not for Me. Mr Cassado did not shame me
By the choice of clothing worn he may not have presented himself nor the company in a professional manner but that has nothing to do with me or Canada in general that is Ufly's problem.

Secondly, If the Owner of UFly was dissatisfied with how Cassado was representing His company he could have replaced him with another instructor OR gave CNN back their money and said this segment is over with I am not satified with how my company is being portrayed.

CNN booked UFly's simulator for 12-15 per day for, iirc, 30 days..this blocked other media outlets who also wanted to do a segment in a 777 simulator...

:twocents:

OK RANT OVER :blushing:

UGH..DH and I have owned numerous businesses and when I read the article and his statements the owner pissed me off more than the way Cassado was dressed.

First off, IMO the owner should speak for himself and his company and not for Me. Mr Cassado did not shame me
By the choice of clothing worn he may not have presented himself nor the company in a professional manner but that has nothing to do with me or Canada in general that is Ufly's problem.

Secondly, If the Owner of UFly was dissatisfied with how Cassado was representing His company he could have replaced him with another instructor OR gave CNN back their money and said this segment is over with I am not satified with how my company is being portrayed.

CNN booked UFly's simulator for 12-15 per day for, iirc, 30 days..this blocked other media outlets who also wanted to do a segment in a 777 simulator...

Agree with your rant. Also wonder why one of their other pilots didn't take over. According to their press release they had more.

UFly Media Inquiries and Press Releases PRESS STATEMENT April 17, 2014 Mississauga, Ontario

uFly Simulator Inc. wishes to clarify the recent news concerning Mitchell Casado. Mr. Casado was not an employee of uFly but rather an independent consultant who was retained by the company to fly the simulator, instruct customers on its operation and provide the ultimate piloting experience to patrons of the business. Over time, there developed a difference of opinion as to how to do that between Mr. Casado and uFly which ultimately resulted in uFly ending the relationship yesterday. uFly’s business plan calls for the company to have several pilots available and on call to provide this service to the company and be available for customers at all times.

Mr. Teixeira sincerely apologizes for any misunderstanding and had no intention of offending fellow Canadians or anyone else for that matter. This was an internal company matter that needed to be addressed and had to be dealt with.

uFly Simulator Inc. is a flight simulation company open to the public to provide customers with an exciting and memorable experience of flying an airplane. The 777 simulator is a state of the art machine giving a panoramic 180 degree view of what a pilot sees in flying this type of aircraft. To Experience the simulator may be made by calling (416) 777-2261 or by visiting our website at www.uflysimulator.ca.

This is so very sad.

Some families refuse to believe the aircraft crashed into the sea and have instead denounced the search effort as a coverup.
"We believe the plane and our relatives are still alive. Bring them home, that's all we ask," said one of the Chinese relatives, who would only give his surname, Zhang. "The only way there could be no evidence, no debris is if the plane landed intact."
He and several other family members marched from the prayer service to a local park and held a brief sit-in on Friday.
For other waiting families, each day with no news brings more tortuous doubts as they try to go on living without knowing why their relatives didn't come home.
"We ask that they find the plane, find our loved ones, live or dead, give us something," Song said. "Until the evidence is presented, we have a right to question."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/6-weeks...piece-of-debris-found-1.1781673#ixzz2zFuR7pSe

It IS sad but given the way this tragedy was handled in the first few weeks and the fact that nothing to date has been located outside of 4 possible black box pings, I can't say I'd react differently in their situation. I think even if someone could provide proof that it fell off the radar in the vicinity where they are searching might give the families a little closure. I can't help but think this whole situation is a clever mastermind or a huge series of coincidences!

I watched a tv show earlier this week on Netflix that originally aired on Smithsonian channel about the Titanic (Titanic: Final Mystery). 100 years after it went down they've finally come up with valid scientific data that explains why it went down (cold water mirage) but there are still so many coincidences that it's insane to think it really happened that way...but it probably did.

Agree with your rant. Also wonder why one of their other pilots didn't take over. According to their press release they had more.

Thanks, I had not read this article that followed

They hired him as an independent consultant? so he didn't work for the company, Mitchell worked for himself and UFly would be the client.

Well at least I agree with one statement..."This was an internal company matter" and IMO it should have stayed that way.

But in the end UFly did benefit from this...$$$$$$ CNN booked the simulator for 12-15 per day for about 30 days...

Thanks, I had not read this article that followed

They hired him as an independent consultant? so he didn't work for the company, Mitchell worked for himself and UFly would be the client.

Well at least I agree with one statement..."This was an internal company matter" and IMO it should have stayed that way.

But in the end UFly did benefit from this...$$$$$$ CNN booked the simulator for 12-15 per day for about 30 days...

I don't think we really know if he was an employee or an "independent contractor" If you go to this article; Mitchell says "My boss had me training a new guy the last few days, and now that he can do my job, and CNN left, he fired me. That's Ufly."

Makes me think employee & that they did not have more pilots to do the job for CNN

It IS sad but given the way this tragedy was handled in the first few weeks and the fact that nothing to date has been located outside of 4 possible black box pings, I can't say I'd react differently in their situation. I think even if someone could provide proof that it fell off the radar in the vicinity where they are searching might give the families a little closure. I can't help but think this whole situation is a clever mastermind or a huge series of coincidences!

I watched a tv show earlier this week on Netflix that originally aired on Smithsonian channel about the Titanic (Titanic: Final Mystery). 100 years after it went down they've finally come up with valid scientific data that explains why it went down (cold water mirage) but there are still so many coincidences that it's insane to think it really happened that way...but it probably did.

ITA I would be irate, as, I am sure they are.
I have tried to keep it simple...in my mind, but, as the weeks go by my mind is wondering. Just too many coincidences and inconsistencies.

I agree

DH and I have owned numerous businesses and when I read the article and his statements the owner pissed me off more than the way Cassado was dressed.

:goodpost:

This is so very sad.

I am certain I would think the same thing as these families.

I agree

I thought he was fine and never paid any attention to how he was dressed. Can't believe it is this big of a deal and the company stink for making such a big stink out of it to me.

:blushing:
I usually don't Rant.

You said what i was thinking. As a Canadian i was appalled at the owner's schtick that he shamed canadians. What gall. Most of us enjoyed Cassado and his information with no thought to what he was wearing. And to use ME to justify his firing of Cassado was outrageous.

I thought he was fine and never paid any attention to how he was dressed. Can't believe it is this big of a deal and the company stink for making such a big stink out of it to me.

It shouldn't be a big deal but UFly's owner made it a big deal because of his comments to the media in the first article..and it seems he received criticism over it and people posting about Boycotting the company...

Then The Globe and Mail http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...earances-on-malaysia-airlines-story-1.2613065 asked the Owner about a Dress Code but did not get an answer to their question what they got was this below...
http://uflysimulator.ca/media-inquiries-and-press-releases/

It seems like a Publicist is doing damage control for the company...

Anyway...I think that's all I wish to say on the subject. :blushing:

re: Mitchell

Were the "numerous complaints" from CNN viewers? I have no idea what this has to do with Canadians, I mean he is not the mayor of Canada's biggest city. :facepalm:

Hearing on CNN that the 777 is outfitted with four emergency locator transmitters that are independently powered and activated in water. How is it possible that not one of the transmitters was activated? I would need one heck of a lot of proof that this plane is in water. IMO the current search is a waste of resources and $$ since it is focused in an area that is speculative. What absolute proof is there that this plane did not fly in another direction like North?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member