Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were deliberatley trying to avoid being tracked why would they fly close to the waystation? Or is it impossible to avoid a waystation?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702304185104579437573396580350.html

This link has already been posted... but there is wording in one of the paragraphs that got me thinking...

Quote:"If the plane remained airborne for the entire five hours, it could have flown more than 2,200 nautical miles from its last confirmed position over the Gulf of Thailand, the people said."

I know I might be looking too much into the wording... but the mention of "if the plane remained airborne'... leads to the alternative...

What if the plane did not remain airborne for that 5 hour stretch of time?...

Could it have landed... flown... landed again?

Not sure where this leads... but it does open up a whole 'nother can of worms... :worms:

This has been discussed... but wanted to post to share where I am getting my thoughts...

:crazy:

JMO

The co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, invited those South African women into the cockpit. I wonder if he has done this before on other flights. I could imagine he let someone inside the cockpit and that person decided to take control.

Are you suggesting that the plane was simply hijacked on a whim by a random person who was invited into the cockpit unexpectedly?

I haven't weighed in on this case before, because of real life.

(My son graduated from Marine Corps bootcamp!)

Anyways, there was a missing person case where this lady had a brother, from the U.S., who disappeared from the airport he worked at in some off the wall country the same day and airport that a full size commercial type jet disappeared. She was convinced the two events were connected and could not get this country to conduct a proper investigation. AFAIK, the jet and the missing man were never found.

Does this case ring a bell to anyone? I tried googling and all I'm getting are sites connected to this recent case.

Is this it?? I posted about it this morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Boeing_727-223_disappearance

But on whose side would the alarms go off?

MH370 had left the Malaysia ATC area and failed to connect with the ATC in Vietnam.

So Malaysia or Vietnam ATC?

Or would both ATC towers get an alarm regarding the transponders being turned off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think logically they both would get the alarm. But, in this case nothing has been logical. :banghead:

If they were deliberatley trying to avoid being tracked why would they fly close to the waystation? Or is it impossible to avoid a waystation?

they are waypoints, not waystations

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waypoint"]Waypoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

In aviation, area navigation (RNAV)—a method of navigation that permits aircraft operation on any desired flight path within the coverage of station-referenced navigation aids or within the limits of the capability of self-contained aids, or a combination of these—relies heavily upon waypoints. RNAV is increasingly used as the primary method of navigation for aircraft.

In the RNAV context, a waypoint is a predetermined geographical position that is defined in terms of latitude/longitude coordinates (altitude is ignored). Waypoints may be a simple named point in space or may be associated with existing navigational aids, intersections, or fixes. A waypoint is most often used to indicate a change in direction, speed, or altitude along the desired path.

Aviation RNAV procedures make use of both fly-over and fly-by waypoints. A fly-over waypoint is a waypoint that must be crossed vertically by an aircraft. A fly-by waypoint is a waypoint that marks the intersection of two straight paths, with the transition from one path to another being made by the aircraft using a precisely calculated turn that “flies by” but does not vertically cross the waypoint.

Waypoints used in aviation are given five-letter names. These names are meant to be pronounceable or have a mnemonic value, so that they may easily be conveyed by voice.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702304185104579437573396580350.html

This link has already been posted... but there is wording in one of the paragraphs that got me thinking...

Quote:"If the plane remained airborne for the entire five hours, it could have flown more than 2,200 nautical miles from its last confirmed position over the Gulf of Thailand, the people said."

I know I might be looking too much into the wording... but the mention of "if the plane remained airborne'... leads to the alternative...

What if the plane did not remain airborne for that 5 hour stretch of time?...

Could it have landed... flown... landed again?

Not sure where this leads... but it does open up a whole 'nother can of worms... :worms:

This has been discussed... but wanted to post to share where I am getting my thoughts...

:crazy:

JMO

Like landed on a unoccupied island...let the passengers out and the continued to fly? If they didn't shut the engines off the total fly time could be 5 hrs still. idk I don't know anything about this stuff.

Morning all! I got the Tapa talk app!
Hope we get answers today!

But on whose side would the alarms go off?

MH370 had left the Malaysia ATC area and failed to connect with the ATC in Vietnam.

So Malaysia or Vietnam ATC?

Or would both ATC towers get an alarm regarding the transponders being turned off?

This is something I have wondered about. What procedure takes place when a plane leaves one country's airspace and enters another's? Does the first country, in this case Malaysia, flip a "we're done with you" switch, meaning they would no longer receive transmissions or alerts from that aircraft?

Would the pilot then radio air control in the second country (VN) and announce their arrival. Would VN then flip a "we've got you" switch so that they would receive transmissions and alerts?

If that's the case, and the second country never takes control of the aircraft, does anyone get alerts?

Yes! Thank you! I've been going crazy for days trying to locate this case. It makes me wonder, how common it is for big jets to be stolen? And why take one with 229 people on board when you can steal an empty one?

How would someone go about stealing an empty jet without being caught immediately?

Just to let everyone know in case it has not been brought up.

Airplanes equipped with GPS navigation systems such as the 777 are capable of having several way-points programmed into the GPS unit and the auto pilot will follow the course from one way-point to the next.

So please don't assume that if the airliner followed or turned when it reached each way point that the pilots must of been doing this.

The little 4 seat, single engine airplane I fly will even go from one way-point to the next on it's own if I program the GPS to do this and turn on the autopilot.

BirnQGVCAAEZ0It.jpg

Daily Mail headline:

Investigators looking into whether Malaysian jet was stolen by PIRATES

Retweeted by Jon Ostrower https://twitter.com/jonostrower
pourmecoffee ‏@pourmecoffee 17m

Keep the line moving, people

- Form single-file line
- Look into camera
- State your Flight 370 theory
- Step to side for next person

:silly:

IIRC the recent explosion and building collapse in NY only caused a 0.5 reading. Just trying to put this into perspective. Doesn't a 5.5 quake seem a bit strong for a plane crash in the ocean? I'm certainly no expert, so I could be way off base.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

This is actually an earthquake from today in the area, not the seismic event from a week ago :seeya:

thanks - it shows an alphabetical list with country of origin and what looks like passport #'s

what I'm interested in is actual seat #'s (who was sitting where)

Even if we had seating arrangements, it may not be where people actually sat. I've often switched seats because either I've been seperated from a co-worker or family member or someone else asks me to switch.

Even if we had seating arrangements, it may not be where people actually sat. I've often switched seats because either I've been seperated from a co-worker or family member or someone else asks me to switch.

Nearly every flight I have been on someone swaps seats and rows. There is always an older person that wants the window seat but their younger family member didn't book it early enough, or someone with a small one that would be best to give the window seat, or people that booked late and want to sit together instead of rows apart.

a satellite communications company confirmed on Friday that it had recorded electronic “keep alive” ping signals from the plane after it disappeared, and said those signals could be analyzed to help estimate its location.

The information from the company, Inmarsat ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/w...-airlines-flight-370.html?hpw&rref=world&_r=0

Inmarsat, a Britain-based satellite communications provider of systems to ships and airplanes, had equipment aboard the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 jetliner, said David Coiley, the vice president of the company in charge of the aviation business. The equipment automatically communicates with satellites, much as a mobile phone would automatically connect to a network after passing through a mountain tunnel, he said.

“It does allow us to determine where the airplane is relative to the satellite,” he said of the signal, which he likened to the “noises you might hear when you when you put your cellphone next to a radio or a television speaker.” He said: “It does allow us to narrow down the position of the aircraft.”

Because the pings go over a measurable distance at a specific angle to one of the company’s satellites, the information can be used to help calculate the trajectory and location of an aircraft, he said.

Like landed on a unoccupied island...let the passengers out and the continued to fly? If they didn't shut the engines off the total fly time could be 5 hrs still. idk I don't know anything about this stuff.

It am not sure, either... :giggle:

But if there were stops along the way... This would indicate a larger group responsible than if there were one lone (or two) persons responsible... As this would indicate planning in advance a rendezvous for supplies/releases/reloading/???....

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member