Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the plane. You said it could be they could be sending a message to the hijacker to throw them off and not put passengers at risk but I don't understand how that could be or how the plane could be going.

(I'm so lost on this crap I can't even tell you so I'm sorry I'm coming off as an idiot.)

It's not believed that the plane is still in the air. It has either landed or crashed. If it has landed, the passengers could still be alive.

Can't find the napkin I wrote stuff on but think I had Kosrae island, Kosrae Shangqiu, Kashmir and Jammu, and Maharashtra. What a mess.

Take off time.

just hours after the 12.40am flight disappeared, the Malaysia Airlines chief executive, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, said the plane was still in contact with air traffic controllers about two hours into the flight, pinning the last contact at about 2.40am at a point 120 nautical miles off the east coast http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/14/flight-mh370-false-leads-confusion-hunt-missing-plane

8:11 last contact.

Edited to correct time. 7 hours and 31 minutes
Thanks MsFacetious!

Sorry waddles!

I have to roll and scroll. I can't give out any more information. Sorry.

So are you saying the company, the American government, Chinese government and Malaysian government are all lying. That is HUGE, if that is what you are implying. Why would they do that?

I wonder if the Malaysian govt has received a demand.

They would not necessarily tell anyone.

I hope they have because the alternative is either a suicide mission, or maybe the plane has been stolen to order and is heading for a western target - I hope to God its not Australia but we're closest.

Scary stuff.

good night, again,

yeah, I better get to bed too before my husband divorces me :facepalm:

and so I don't sleep in for work tomorrow!

I hope tomorrow brings more answers for the families and that they can get some sleep like we are able to.

Take off time.

8:11 last contact.

8 hours and 10 minutes.

And we were told they had 7.5 - 8 hours of fuel.
I don't like that timeline at all... :please:

But wait... 12:40am to 8:11am would be 7 hours and 31 minutes, wouldn't it?

Yes and what about the chinese guy who's passport wasn't stolen, but his number was used and he wasn't on the flight.

Has that ever been addressed???

I really hope the Chinese govt. is cooperative when asked to provide in-depth info concerning the 150 Chinese passengers. This could be a problem. Of course they would look like hypocrites since they accused Malaysia of covering up info. This should be interesting.

The scary thing here and I hope I'm not coming across as an alarmist, is that if this is so far a successful hijacking and the plane is hidden somewhere, then what's the next part of the plan?

Thus far the 'hijacker's' pretty much have the whole World watching. They have every-bodies attention. Is it possible that the passenger's may still be alive and they are planning on reloading them, putting them back in the air and may make some demands using the passenger's as a bargaining chip. I mean everyone's watching, it's a good way to hold something to ransom?

The only good thing about this scenario is that the passenger's may be alive somewhere and there's still a chance for them to be saved.

Or could they just be planning to use it as a weapon at a time that suits them? A 9/11 scenario perhaps? Passenger's not alive.

Presumably all Nation's are about to spend a fortune on Defence. If they can't find that plane all Countries in the vicinity are going to be watching/monitoring their skies with increased vigour....

They have managed to pull something off that none of us would have thought possible in this day and age.

I don't think that they have crashed into the ocean. There has been too much effective and efficient planning for it to simply end like that and I prefer not to think that anyway because I want the passenger's to be alive.....

Who knows really but I don't think it will be long until we find out!

Will the satellites give them information if the plane is on the ground?

I thought that's the whole reason the satellites helped... because it was in the air.
(There isn't a whole lot to track in the air that is unidentified, compared to the ground.)

Would they be able to see it land, drop out of the sky, or whatever on satellites?
Then would they be able to track where it ended up on land or in the water with satellites?

We need someone to confirm whether the satellites would help on the ground or not.... :dunno:

The way I understand it, the engines were pinging the satellites as the plane was flying, why wouldn't they ping on the ground if the engines were still running? or maybe even if they weren't....everyone keeps asking why we don't have better technology for tracking aircraft. Maybe we do and we don't want to let the terrorist know so that they can't learn how to disable it..

And we were told they had 7.5 - 8 hours of fuel.
I don't like that timeline at all... :please:

But wait... 12:40am to 8:11am would be 7 hours and 31 minutes, wouldn't it?

Could they have refueled on land... or in air?

Just a thought we kicked around a few million pages ago...

JMO

I've put on my thinking cap since making that post. I now believe everything the PM said was very deliberate and meant to lull the hijackers into a false sense of security. Or I'm just really tired and full of it

I do agree. I think that is why there has been so much back tracking. When stuff like this happens there is always some numpty who wants to been seen to be involved, to be important, to impress their friends or the public and leeks information. So someone may be leaking info or a theory that shouldn't be out there, it's either true or proved false, but either way it needs to be retracted and leads to a situation like this where everyone is confused and it seems like no one knows what is happening.

You know how there is always someone who comes along and says about how their husband/ sister/ friend gave them some "info" but they can't say any more because of "....stuff???".

The way I understand it, the engines were pinging the satellites as the plane was flying, why wouldn't they ping on the ground if the engines were still running? or maybe even if they weren't....everyone keeps asking why we don't have better technology for tracking aircraft. Maybe we do and we don't want to let the terrorist know so that they can't learn how to disable it..

And I thought the satellites were separate from the engine pinging.
I am so confused. :facepalm:

I do agree. I think that is why there has been so much back tracking. When stuff like this happens there is always some numpty who wants to been seen to be involved, to be important, to impress their friends or the public and leeks information. So someone may be leaking info or a theory that shouldn't be out there, it's either true or proved false, but either way it needs to be retracted and leads to a situation like this where everyone is confused and it seems like no one knows what is happening.

You know how there is always someone who comes along and says about how their husband/ sister/ friend gave them some "info" but they can't say any more because of "....stuff???".

Yup, it happens all the time, even here on this forum.

Lets hope.

The only problem is I believe the Hi-jackers only wanted to steal the plane. I dont think they have demands.

Agreed....don't think they would have ditched it (intentionally) into the ocean.

Could they have refueled on land... or in air?

Just a thought we kicked around a few million pages ago...

JMO

Can you refuel this plane in the air?
I mean I know they normally don't... but COULD it be done?
I thought that was only military planes... :scared:

I'm wondering if they flew until they were over land and reasonably near to wherever they wanted to land, then went lower in altitude so that they couldn't be detected by radar.

At first we thought they only had 4 hours of fuel in board, now we know it was 7. Perhaps there was even more? Somehow?

I've read it was an approximately six hour flight and they probably had seven to eight hours of fuel.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c9f05c-ab64-11e3-af5f-4c56b834c4bf_story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member