Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget - didn't that image depict women in the cockpit when the plane was on the ground, not during flight?

The women claimed that they were invited into the cockpit to fly with the pilot and co-pilot, but I don't know if that has been verified.

It wouldn't be strange at all to take pics with the pilots before the flight though.

ETA: Just read that the pilots were reprimanded for it, so I guess it is verified.

The ACARS pings were NEVER switched off. They continued for 7.5 hours. Experts have stated there was no way for anyone on the plane to disable the pings.

You're right, sorry. There was a report yesterday saying that someone had turned the second part off from outside the cockpit but now that information seems to be incorrect.

The transponder was switched off. It is in the cockpit.

The ACARS has two parts. Only one part was switched off - the part in the cockpit. There was a report yesterday saying that both portions had been switched off.

Right folks, I am off to bed in a few minutes. Would be very grateful if you could refrain from racking up another 7 threads before I wake up tomorrow!! #strugglingtocatchup

Richard did just make a good point. Why go to all the trouble (disabling the transponder, ACARS, making the wide turn diversion, etc) if it were the pilot or co-pilot presumably on a suicide mission? Add to that, my question, what was the purpose?

There also has been some discussion of the Al-Qaeda connection to Malaysia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10700652/Malaysia-Airline-MH370-911-style-terror-allegations-resurface-in-case-of-lost-plane.html

What if he wanted to show how smart he was and try to make it so the plane can't be found?

If someone said to me, "Hey, in 2003 a Boeing 727 was stolen and it still has never been found!" I would have answered "No way!"

Well, it happened:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Charles_Padilla#Ben_Charles_Padilla

Here's a more in-depth article about it:
http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Missing-jet-linked-to-terrorism-20030623

You'd think after an incident like this happening in 2003 that being able to find an airplane would have moved up a notch in importance?

That is just crazy! And this post fits your name so well :seeya: :D

Both pilot and co-pilot would not have exited the cockpit at the same time. One of them must remain there. However, one of them opening the door and leaving may give an opportunity for someone to attempt to enter and overtake the aircraft.

MOO

Yes, this is what I'm getting at. If one of the cabin crew was in on it, this would have been a perfect opportunity to start the plan.

Question. I just looked at a few maps of international air space. I didn't reach a definite conclusion but it seems most airspaces are just beyond the natural coastline of the country.

So who is in charge of watching the sea? No-one? Is this why we're in this mess?!

It would be difficult and expensive to watch the sea. Not only would you have to put the equipment out there, but also maintain it and update it. To cover the whole ocean you would also have to declare it someones. Who would own the ocean? Who would pay to cover it? Would they have the ability to stop others from sailing through or flying over? The sea is massive and I honestly think it would end up causing more problems then it would solve.

This was just posted on Tomnods twitter-

https://twitter.com/ThisDigitalLtd/status/444985659594256385/photo/1

2mrftdw.jpg

So now, US investigators are saying the pilots are involved.

I can agree with this, however, would the planed have not crashed?

I really have a hard time accepting there is no sign of MH370.

It could just be that we haven't been looking in the right place to search properly. There is just so much to search!

I think the important question is WHY the pilots would feel the need to turn the transponders off if they planned for the plane to crash. Why wait until so many hours later? Could it be that the pilot(s) didn't want to actively cause all the deaths and instead justified their actions by turning off the transponders so they couldn't be found, giving them enough time to keep going until they ran out of fuel? (And therefore passively causing the deaths).
-If that was their mentality, wouldn't we expect a note to explain their motives or an apology to their family?

Were the pilots religious? And if so, were they devout?

Wonder if this is how the pilot and co-pilot were trained to respond in a hijacking/take over situation? How to leave a trail of crumbs for the area they were piloting in?

That also was mentioned on CNN earlier. It was mainly in reference to the secret codes airlines use to indicate such a situation, such as the "alright, good night" verbage. All speculation at this point as no one discussing it knows what Malaysian Airlines' "code" is.

An interesting point being addressed now (by a woman on CNN) that there would have to be an announcement by the cockpit to the passengers to justify the sharp turn the plane made before they become suspicious, knowing they are no longer headed to Beijing. I am curious though if the turn wasn't intentional but rather the result of a struggle in the cockpit as shortly afterward the plane is in an erratic flight pattern.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member