Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a lot of people seem to think that aircraft should be foolproof in the way they expect nothing else to be. I do not like to fly because I have a fear of falling and fire, but I worry more about mechanical failure than terrorism and much more about flying in other countries with fewer regulations. The fact is, there are very few incidents over the open ocean, so it's not worth the expense and political debate to monitor it or ensure that planes are tracked 24/7. Those resources would be better spent on a lot of things that have far greater risks that people never think about. So many countries need to bring buildings up to reasonable fire codes - that should be a bigger fear for travelers.

BBM Exactly! It's not flying that I'm scared of it's the crashing!

Seriously, I used to be almost crippled with fear when I boarded an airplane, now I actually enjoy it a tiny bit. I love travelling, and I wasn't going to let my phobia stop me from living my life to the fullest. I didn't take the Fear of Flying class like Gitana did, but I've learned to deal with it over the years.

It definitely seems "a" pilot is involved. It may not be either of the Malaysians ones though, a flight trained terrorist or two may have overpowered the real pilots. Don't forget although many countries (including UK & US I believe) have locked cockpits since 9/11, many do not.

I just don't want to believe it was suicide. I don't see why the plane would still be at optimum flying height 8 hours after take off. Why???

The only reason I can think of for the plane to be flying all those hours was to use up the fuel and avoid a bursting fireball -- crash would have been undetected perhaps. We are still looking......

Ok, i'm streaming CNN now. Never thought i'd type those words again.

I've had CNN on TV all afternoon because they're following the flight's disappearance. It's really the only opportunity I've had to pay close attention all week.

:)

BBM ~ Yes, this certainly does not sound like a coincidence.

I guess this pilot suicide not been ruled out and it is technically a "deliberate action".

I think their moving out is huge. She may know more than we think. Have they interviewed her? ty

The only reason I can think of for the plane to be flying all those hours was to use up the fuel and avoid a bursting fireball -- crash would have been undetected perhaps. We are still looking......

Or no one was actually in control and it eventually ran out of fuel while over the Indian Ocean.

MOO

BBM Exactly! It's not flying that I'm scared of it's the crashing!

Seriously, I used to be almost crippled with fear when I boarded an airplane, now I actually enjoy it a tiny bit. I love travelling, and I wasn't going to let my phobia stop me from living my life to the fullest. I didn't take the Fear of Flying class like Gitana did, but I've learned to deal with it over the years.

Yeah, I've never taken medication or anything, because I've never actually panicked about it - I don't like it, but I guess it doesn't seem real. And once take off is over, I pretty much relax. I freak out over things I have control of - I don't feel like it will accomplish anything on an aircraft. I know if I ever lived through an incident, it would seem real, and then I'd probably never fly again. My dad used to fly for business and was in the air during the 9/11 events and a bunch of other incidents, and he could not be calmer. I don't know how he deals. And I have never flown to a different country, nor do I plan to at this point. I feel very provincial, but I hate traveling and am not up for places without U.S. safety regulations.

I've started to get super jealous of people who do get these meds though - I see them pass out on planes and just sleep. I'd love that. I'm a chronic insomniac, and I when I take meds I'm still wide awake and not calm - my mind is too active for them to work. I'd have to get a ridiculously high dose pill, but it would be amazing to have the flight pass by while I sleep.

ScarlettScarpetta, in the last thread, wanted to know which ship (carrier) this is

I looked up the USS Kidd and USS Pinckney, they are destroyer class,

I must be the carrier that has the Poseidon and Orion air craft on it or it belongs to another country

Looks like some sort of a tanker to me, civilian ships not military. If military it could be a supply ship as the bridge is situted way at the back. Looking at the straight lines on the decks which could be piping, I'm leaning toward the former.

BBM~ good point.

Also, did not Vietnam ask another pilot from another flight to contact MH370, when it did not contact Vietnam control?

Did he? What was the result? Was this the "mumbling" sound he got? And if so, why was this not addressed ASAP?

Yes.
Vietnam ATC asked the pilot of another 777 flying to Japan to contact MH370 via the plane's Emergency Frequency
He made contact, heard static, interference, says he heard mumbling then lost contact..

For me a light bulb went off when I read that daily mail link, I know it's very poor news source but it all makes much more sense now :(

Dead on, lawstudent.

Can't help but feel if he wanted to "make a statement" then by now the world should know or be aware of what he was trying to say!
(If suicide, some form of communication left beforehand, if hijacking and kidnapping,contact with demands.)
Maybe he planned something and it just got screwed up on him and the plane crashed.
My gut says this pilot was a good guy. So, I dunno :dunno:

Maybe psychotic break. Pilots are known to have high suicide rate.

I want to believe *if* he was involved everyone is safe somewhere.

This was just posted on Tomnods twitter-

https://twitter.com/ThisDigitalLtd/status/444985659594256385/photo/1

2mrftdw.jpg

it took me a minute to see it but after looking from the scale plane to the image and back again twice, I started freaking out a bit

it looks like part of it is blue as well

:scared:

I think their moving out is huge. She may know more than we think. Have they interviewed her? ty

If the family left the home after the plane's disappearance, I don't find it odd at all. I can't imagine not knowing where my husband is, what happened to the flight, and having media outside my door. Also, not knowing, they may be in fear of their own lives in the event this plane was hijacked by terrorists.

MOO

A few pages back there was an MSM link saying she didn't move out, she was just staying at their other house.

Eta it's on page 1, by MsFacetious:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10338161&postcount=16"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7[/ame]

Again the pilots wife and kids moving out has NOT been reported by anyone reliable at all.
It has ONLY been reported by a tabloid...

The more reputable news sources have said that the wife and kids went to stay at their second home the day before.

That may be like a vacation cabin or something that they did every weekend.
The day before was Friday, a perfectly reasonable day to go stay at your second house.

It may be something huge and significant and it may mean the wife knew something...
But right now there is NO evidence of that at all. :seeya:

(Links to this are on page 1 of this thread.)

That can't be related. That lat/long point is just off the coast of Malaysia in the Malacca Strait. That would have been noticed going down -- it's easily within Malaysian primary radar range and thousands of miles from either of the plane's possible last pinged positions.

I just goggled the co ordinates..Strait of Malacca
The USS Kidd was moving into that area 2 days ago and the Chinese sent a patrol ship too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member