Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until I saw the pics in garage I thought it was closeup in real plane. NOW I really do want you to fly down here in it and pick me up for a ride. That is awesome!!

If its not rude how much money and time went into it?

What aircraft do you fly in real life ?

About 50K has gone into that - So its not cheap!

It's the same aircraft type I used to fly here in Australia (F-111)

You can see some pics of me flying various types (including F-111's) in my profile album linked in my signature...

As I said many threads back when the fact this guy had a simulator came up - don't underestimate the passion of a pilot and the desire to be perfect at what we do ;)

Retired from military flying a few years back and I'm currently flying aerobatic aircraft (civillian) when I have time these days - there's a pic or two in there of that too...

True if the pilot in question is not the Captain of the biggest aviation mystery in the history of mankind. It is tho, IMO quite reasonable, in light of the sophistication of the event to come to a conclusion that the sim might have gone from fun and passion to a practice machine. And in one way it would answer one of the millions of quesitons if on the machine there ARE flights that mirror what happened at least that way we know one of the particpants.

I do not think people are saying the correlation is that direct .............

Not at all. I am basically saying that IF most pilots have some sort of simulator set up there is probably no correlation between either owning one or the sophistication of any such set up and crashing a plane. Its a non-issue, IMO. I need coffee now.

Some don't think the pilot is responsible. Brit newspapers have reported that someone testified at a trial last week that he [the militant testifier] trained at an Afghanistan training camp and was told to give a shoe bomb to a group of Malaysian terrorists who wanted to take over a plane (and which he did). It was said they planned to use it to blow open the cockpit door. So, according to that report, it could be the pilots themselves were not involved, but terrorists with both military and aviation experience were involved. (I'll come back and edit with link to that earlier article.)

ETA: http://www.smh.com.au/national/rogu...ad-of-aipa-20140316-34vmp.html?skin=text-only

There's a lot of back and forth about the cellphones and whether or not they were even operable on this flight. But to put that all to rest, it's a moot point; the cellphones of 239 people are not a problem at this level of hijacking. Whoever has hijacked this plane has military experience, and also plenty of technical/computer knowledge. There is out there (and not just in the USA) 'stealth technology' available to put ALL those cellphones into sleep mode IF they were operable at all at anytime.

So we can let the cellphones rest. At the level of expertise that this hijacking has been revealed to have, they would also have access to that technology.

bbm

Wow. Thank you, I did not know that.

That would also play into the theory that someone was aiding by controlling the plane remotely from down below. That person could have just, as you say, "switched off" all the cell phones.

Yes, you're probably right. But it is a huge flight with a great length.

IMO, you would need more than 2 people.

What I was saying is that how could 2 hijackers keep an eye on all of those passengers at the same time, esp. when they were also possibly collecting cell phones from them? I mean, literally with their eyes.

2 words: Depressurize cabin - nearly instant death for all in the cabin

BBM~ IMO, this is not 9/11 style hijacking. A lesson was learnt from 9/11. You can disable a cabin in an aircraft and quickly if 1-2 hijackers took over the cockpit or were already in there to begin with as a jumpseat.

Maybe the Captain trained a "wannabe" pilot on his FSX, and was being trained as sitting in the jumpseat?

You can see some pics of me flying various types (including F-111's) in my profile album linked in my signature...

As I said many threads back when the fact this guy had a simulator came up - don't underestimate the passion of a pilot and the desire to be perfect at what we do ;)

Retired from military flying a few years back and I'm currently flying aerobatic aircraft (civillian) when I have time these days - there's a pic or two in there of that too...

It really is amazing.

I do have a question I have had for a long time and there has been huge debate in my family about it.

What is the most dangerous part of a flight?

I claim it is the landing and my spouse claims it is takeoff. My kids thinks it is during the middle of flight because so much time for something to go wrong.

Do you happen to know if one part of a flight is more dangerous than another. I like to brace myself upon landing much more than any other time and I get freaked out on landing, so I go with that being the most dangerous.
But if I am wrong, i want to know so I can brace myself more. And win the family bet. :)

The photo is like that because the placed one photo on top of the other. We are seeing the legs from the bottom photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So r they showing the legs of just 1 of the men?

Or do each set of legs correspond to the man in the corresponding picture?

Because it does look like they are wearing the same shoes.

Can you imagine a CCTV system in an airport without a time stamp to the millisecond-- for all we know (and the quality of the shot ) probbaly taken 8 years ago!!!!

No, I know, I posted it because it seemed from a reliable source. :facepalm:

It would be like a race car driver having a collections of cars, I suppose.

BTW~ I have huge respect for pilots and I do not feel the pilot/co-pilot for MH370 is responsible at all.

Correct. The cockpit is equipped withits own set of oxygen system whereby the pilot could don his mask before disabling the cabin pressure at high speeds, altitudes or otherwise. In no particular order, what can happen to cabin pressure:

Gradual decomp
"This type of decompression may also come about from a failure to pressurize as an aircraft climbs to altitude. An example of this is the 2005 Helios Airways Flight 522 crash, in which the pilots failed to check the aircraft was pressurizing automatically and then to react to the warnings that the aircraft was depressurizing, eventually losing consciousness (along with most of the passengers and crew) from hypoxia."

"...I recall reading an article about a jet crash in Greece (I think) where the plane was supposedly depressurized in flight and crashed into a mountain. The report indicated that rescue workers arrived in a relatively short time, but everybody on board was in fact frozen solid. The report indicated this happened in the air, and w/in seconds of depressurization, not on the ground."

http://www.gadling.com/2010/04/12/plane-answers-can-passengers-survive-an-explosive-depressurizat/

"In many high-flying light airplanes and military aircraft, oxygen systems and face masks are still used to keep the pilot alive and conscious."

"It might take an average airliner about 20 minutes to reach a cruise altitude of, say, 35,000 feet, at which point the pressurization system might maintain the cabin at the pressure you’d experience at 7,000 feet: about 11 pounds per square inch. Your ears may pop, but the effect is mild because the climb rate is only 350 feet per minute. When the airplane descends, the pilot sets the system controller to the altitude of the destination airport, and the process works in reverse."

"... pilots begin to need oxygen when they fly above 12,500 feet for more than 30 minutes, and passengers have to use it continuously above 15,000. On airliners that operate at altitudes well above that, regulations require that everyone aboard be supplied with 10 minutes of oxygen in the event the cabin pressure can’t be maintained, which brings us to the dramatic scenario known as explosive decompression."

"In an aircraft at 22,000 feet, passengers and crew would have 5 minutes of “useful consciousness” after rapid decompression. But at 43,000 feet, the time drops to a mere 5 seconds, hardly long enough to don an oxygen mask."

http://www.airspacemag.com/need-to-...loses-cabin-pressure-142253641/#ixzz2wBaQIrQJ

http://www.airspacemag.com/need-to-...cabin-pressure-142253641/#cCeEbJhebg57RdhM.99

http://www.airspacemag.com/flight-today/how-things-work-cabin-pressure-2870604/#ixzz2wBZRm0Xi

http://www.airspacemag.com/flight-today/how-things-work-cabin-pressure-2870604/#ixzz2wBXrGOq2

OMO

OMG I was just thinking of something else.....going along with the poster who said there is stealth technology to put everyone's cell phones to "sleep"...and what if someone with remote control turned off all the oxygen in the back of the plane? Just kill everybody with one push of a button...omg.

A 777 would normally cruise at about 90knts below the speed of sound or Mach .84

This is equiv. to:

285.8 Meters Per Second
or
639.5 MPH for all you Americans
or
1029.2 Km/h

Mach .84

To put that into perspective, the speed of sound at sea level (so, generally speaking, not accounting for air density, temperature and at altitude etc) is:

340.3 Meters Per Second
or
761.2 mph
or
1,225 Km/h

Mach 1.0

It's not a great difference and you can see how a 777 with engines producing thrust in a steep dive could exceed this.

"Radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appear to show the missing airliner climbing to 45,000 feet, above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200, soon after it disappeared from civilian radar and made a sharp turn to the west, according to a preliminary assessment by a person familiar with the data."

http://www.boston.com/news/source/2...suggests_planes_radar_deliberately_turne.html

"In an aircraft at 22,000 feet, passengers and crew would have 5 minutes of “useful consciousness” after rapid decompression. But at 43,000 feet, the time drops to a mere 5 seconds, hardly long enough to don an oxygen mask." http://www.airspacemag.com/need-to-k...#ixzz2wBaQIrQJ

Updated report the wife of one of the pilots and her husband moved the day before the Flight 370 went missing.

Replaced image with url

With a crew of 12 and passenger list of 227, chances are they went to sleep at Mach speeds.

Having flow on similar to Hawaii, this 777 is an enormous plane. With a ground team, they landed at dawn. The plane was camouflaged straight away. Loaded for its purpose. Once it hits the sky again, what do we do?

From "The Blaze"

http://www.pirate-news.com/2014/03/...sia-officials-deciding-next-course-of-action/

OMO

I wouldn't know! Someone with my attention span should never be allowed in the cockpit of a plane. A simulator I would LOVE though. Unfortunately my technical knowledge means I have to make do with the x-box (which unfortunately the kids have broken and my lack technical knowledge means I can't fix it. They are the reason I can't have nice things).

:floorlaugh:BBM: As a mom with all boys, I understand.

http://www.boeing.com/news/techissues/pdf/statsum.pdf

I do have a question I have had for a long time and there has been huge debate in my family about it.

I claim it is the landing and my spouse claims it is takeoff. My kids thinks it is during the middle of flight because so much time for something to go wrong.

Do you happen to know if one part of a flight is more dangerous than another. I like to brace myself upon landing much more than any other time and I get freaked out on landing, so I go with that being the most dangerous.
But if I am wrong, i want to know so I can brace myself more. And win the family bet. :)[/quote]

SINGAPORE TODAY ‏@sgify 33m

#mh370 Australian PM Abbott says there is no sign of the missing jet in and around Indian Ocean. Mystery deepens. pic.twitter.com/LoghFv8qWT

The Associated Press ‏@AP 46m

Investigators hone in on satellite data in a way never tried before as they try to locate missing #MH370: http://apne.ws/1cOHN1S

I disagree. Strongly. Let's put this into perspective... He's a qualified INSTRUCTOR who is also certified as an EXAMINER by the Malaysian Civil Aviation Safety Authority

And again... (we really need a FAQ Thread!)

This is my home simulator... does it make me a potential terrorist???

It would be so cool if you could do a video of the plane flight for us!

I dunno if that is possible .

We have been trying to figure this one out for some time just another lie by authorities starting to wonder if their is a real language problem and they do not understand the initial questions I mean seriously huge story for two days about the travel agent getting them the night before and then media prints they hung out for a week unless they can time travel its a physical impossibility but in light of the last 10 days it it certainly becomes very problematic

bbm

Convenient excuse, imo. Most of these people were educated in foreign schools in the US and Europe I believe. And there are plenty of translators.

hahahaha! Without question Takeoff and Landing - That's the time when the aircraft is at its lowest altitude (less recovery time) with everything under maximum stress, including the pilots... You've got engines at full or highly varied power settings, the aircraft configuration variable (flaps, gear down, trim settings), X-factors like bird strike and the crew going through checklists and configuration settings and flying the plane - conducive to a state of task saturation and loss of situational awareness.

The order of priority for flying is

1: Aviate
2: Navigate
3: Communicate

Aviate:

Before all else, the priority at ALL TIMES is to fly the plane. Nothing else matters if you prang the plane.

Navigate:

Keep track of where you are, who's around you and what flight levels you are. The nagging voice of air traffic control siting all high and mighty can take a chill pill, learn some patience and wait, because you're trying to fly a hunk of metal around the sky without killing yourself or anyone else ;)

Communicate:

Once everything else is addressed, then the angry little man in the tower can get some attention. Communications with other aircraft around you also belongs here to... because its no good communicating with them when you should have been avoiding navigating into them after missing the fact you've deviated 500ft of vertical height and had a head on with the only other aircraft in the sky for 5000 square miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008