Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it sadly ironic that a number of the dead were scientists involved in AIDS research considering Russia's stance on gay rights. To think of all the people their important work could have helped .. such an unbearably sad day.

WS was breaking some news today before major news networks...many. Almost always WS does about horrible deaths sadly. Not a fun reporting job or discussion topic huh? nope Not that it counts or matters at all.

We are concerned about the world news, wrongs to people, especially the children of the world. The thread moved so fast with concerned citizens.

This is another sad time when stupidy may have been the factor to the deaths of so many.

RIP flight MH17. RIP

I wanna kick azz. jmo

Well, I don't think he's a wimp, his pursuing his executive privilege in the face of opposition from Congress and a good bit of the American population should be proof of that! However, I do think he hasn't wanted to take a hard line with Putin because, well, he's more of a domestic issues President, in my view. And when you become involved in international/war issues that tends to be ALL you can focus on. IMO, of course. Plus, I think Putin is flaunting his power and contempt for other world leaders in a way that hasn't been seen since....well, I will say no more because my name is not Godwin!

I mostly agree. But you can't be president and ignore foreign affairs and this president Certainly hasn't, whether you agree with his actions or not. And I disagree with some.

Iraq, escalation of war in Afghanistan, requesting congressional permission for aerial attacks against the Assad regime in Syria, due to his red line warning, ground forces and cruise missiles deployed to support resisters of Qaddafi in Libya, the Arab spring, Somalian pirates, backing anti-terrorists in Somali with the deployment of drones and special forced and air strikes, extending the front of the war on terror to Mali, Yemen, establishment of the US china strategic and economic dialogue, with republican Jon huntsman appointed as ambassador to china, the NSA spying on government leaders scandal, and of course, hunting, capturing and killing Osama bin Laden and other al Qaeda operatives in an attempt to destroy al qaeda.

I don't see how anyone can say he's little involved in foreign policy, or accuse him of being a weak pacifist. Many liberals accuse him of being an imperialist and warmonger for goodness sake.

Im just hoping that this time, we can stay out of it as much as possible. It's a tinder box right now.

That kind of makes the coincidence of the flight in 1988 point to a historical date or specific dates. A reason behind it possibly? Organized, planned....jmo

I mistrust the coincidence stuff. Every day is the anniversary of something.

That kind of makes the coincidence of the flight in 1988 point to a historical date or specific dates. A reason behind it possibly? Organized, planned....jmo

Just like so many other terrorist acts? Too pat to overlook.

ALWAYS MOO

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not purposely, but in 1988 our Navy shot down an Iranian civilian plane. IIRC, the plane was not transmitting the correct signal, and it flew into a combat zone or maybe it was a no fly zone. I wanna say close to 300 people were killed in that incident.

The Russians, or I should say the USSR have shot down civilian planes that crossed over into their airspace in the early 80's. The one I remember best was a Korean plane with 60 Americans on it. USSR fighter jets blew it up. I think there was either a US Senator or US Congressman on that flight. And I think a lot of the Americans were US military personal. That one just sticks out fir me cause I was 10 and thus was the first time I really paid attention to the world outside of my little space I lived in.

~Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ukraine allegedly shot down a plane flying from Russia to Israel in 2001 during military exercises (although I don't think they ever admitted to it).

Isn't it sadly ironic that a number of the dead were scientists involved in AIDS research considering Russia's stance on gay rights. To think of all the people their important work could have helped .. such an unbearably sad day.
Agree. a tragic loss. CNN was just profiling one of those passengers.

May they all rest in peace.
:rose:

I mostly agree. But you can't be president and ignore foreign affairs and this president Certainly hasn't, whether you agree with his actions or not. And I disagree with some.

Iraq, escalation of war in Afghanistan, requesting congressional permission for aerial attacks against the Assad regime in Syria, due to his red line warning, ground forces and cruise missiles deployed to support resisters of Qaddafi in Libya, the Arab spring, Somalian pirates, backing anti-terrorists in Somali with the deployment of drones and special forced and air strikes, extending the front of the war on terror to Mali, Yemen, establishment of the US china strategic and economic dialogue, with republican Jon huntsman appointed as ambassador to china, the NSA spying on government leaders scandal, and of course, hunting, capturing and killing Osama bin Laden and other al Qaeda operatives in an attempt to destroy al qaeda.

I don't see how anyone can say he's little involved in foreign policy, or accuse him of being a weak pacifist.any liberals accuse him of being an imperialist and warmonger for goodness sake.

Im just hoping that this time, we can stay out of it as much as possible. It's a tinder box right now.

Gosh! I'm not accusing him of any of that! I'm not a supporter, and I haven't really had a President I was really ALL in favor of since Clinton (and that didn't work out too well) but I'm not a member/supporter of either party. I frankly think they both suck. I'm an Independent (social liberal, financial conservative, so neither party wants me.) Nevertheless, I do think in the Presidency you have to make a choice of being more involved in domestic or international issues. I mean, that's my opinion, and you're welcome to it, but you don't have to accept it, you know? <3

I admit i'm a tin foil hatter. :giggle: IMO, this was planned. The chances are real slim, this was an oops by whoever on the ground. That may change as the days go by though.

Now were back to who, how, and why.

If only they knew just how idiotic that sounds.

ETA: I omitted the quote of the translated communication where it was said spies were behind dropped.

Sounds like they had no clue passenger planes could be flying in that airspace. Apparently this plane was not on its usual route due to weather.
That is a no fly zone under 32,000 feet. The plane was flying at 33,000 feet so it was over a no fly zone.

The rebels are suspect Number 1.

But there are other possibilities that will fuel conspiracies:

Hardline rebels might be trying to force Russian leader Vladimir Putin&#8217;s hand
Payback after recent humiliating losses by the Ukraine government
Could Russia itself have deliberately precipitated a crisis?
An awful case of mistaken identity

None end well.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/malaysi...sian-border-20140718-3c4nl.html#ixzz37mhO6gnn

I admit i'm a tin foil hatter. :giggle: IMO, this was planned. The chances are real slim, this was an oops by whoever on the ground. That may change as the days go by though.

If that tape is accurate, then it's very clear that it was an oops. They had no clue that passenger planes could be flying in that air space and assumed it to be a military plane.

Sounds like they had no clue passenger planes could be flying in that airspace. Apparently this plane was not on its usual route due to weather.
That is a no fly zone under 32,000 feet. The plane was flying at 33,000 feet so it was over a no fly zone.
Barely. In airspace speak, 1000 feet is not much. What about the other aircraft in this corridor?

Barely. In airspace speak, 1000 feet is not much. What about the other aircraft in this corridor?

I don't know about other aircrafts. This particular one normally takes a different route but because of the weather it deviated.

I guess flightaware would have the past flights of all planes through the area?

I think the Ukrainian military plane shot down by rebels earlier this week has a lot to do with this. I think it was a mistake by separatists who thought it was Ukrainian military.

I believe Putin ordered each attack (not exactly what he wanted in this crash, but still the person who gave the orders) It's my belief that Putin was amping up the attacks on Ukrainian military to try and goad them into war. I think today's shot was supposed to be a Ukrainian military plane and mistaken identity caused it. If that's true then the order for today backfired hugely on Putin. It's brought closer scrutiny to the rebel/Russian relationship.

Russia isn't helping themselves by taking the BB and not letting anyone else look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme