Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about other aircrafts. This particular one normally takes a different route but because of the weather it deviated.

Do you have a link for that info. Everything I have heard and read said it was their regular route. And that it had flown that very route this week. jmo

Not purposely, but in 1988 our Navy shot down an Iranian civilian plane. IIRC, the plane was not transmitting the correct signal, and it flew into a combat zone or maybe it was a no fly zone. I wanna say close to 300 people were killed in that incident.

The Russians, or I should say the USSR have shot down civilian planes that crossed over into their airspace in the early 80's. The one I remember best was a Korean plane with 60 Americans on it. USSR fighter jets blew it up. I think there was either a US Senator or US Congressman on that flight. And I think a lot of the Americans were US military personal. That one just sticks out fir me cause I was 10 and thus was the first time I really paid attention to the world outside of my little space I lived in.

~Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

that one really sticks out for me too.....it was years before facts were released about that incident -- it was horrible

Do you have a link for that info. Everything I have heard and read said it was their regular route. And that it had flown that very route this week. jmo

"In the last two weeks, the plane flew roughly the same path 14 times, traversing the diagonal length of Ukraine to the Sea of Azov close to Crimea. But Thursday's route deviated slightly. The Boeing 777 went farther north than typical. It's unclear why."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-17-deviated-slightly-from-typical-flight-path/

How are countries/families going to claim the remains of victims? This is really going to be bad.

How are countries/families going to claim the remains of victims? This is really going to be bad.

Thinking the very same thing. Plus has anyone seen any pictures or reports of them even moving the bodies. Are they still laying out there in that field? ty

Our President is back at the White House now, we should have verification soon on any americans that may be on the flight. I don't know how long since he needs to be briefed on what's happening on the Gaza Strip. A lot has happened today.

One of the news reports mentioned that this flight deviated from its usual path a said the reason is unknown but may have been weather related. The deviation was only for a small part of the flight before it was shot down. The news report was discussing the aviation "highways".

Thinking the very same thing. Plus has anyone seen any pictures or reports of them even moving the bodies. Are they still laying out there in that field? ty

Wondering what time it is in the area now?

Wondering what time it is in the area now?

Did a look up. It is almost 630am in that area. Maybe we will hear something about recovery before long. Wondering if that country even has facilities to handle recovery.

1:27pm: The White House press office released the following statement:

It is critical that there be a full, credible, and unimpeded international investigation as quickly as possible. We urge all concerned – Russia, the pro-Russian separatists, and Ukraine – to support an immediate cease-fire in order to ensure safe and unfettered access to the crash site for international investigators and in order to facilitate the recovery of remains.

The role of international organizations – such as the United Nations and the OSCE in Ukraine – may be particularly relevant for this effort, and we will be in touch with affected nations and our partners in these organizations in the coming hours and days to determine the best path forward.

In the meantime, it is vital that no evidence be tampered with in any way and that all potential evidence and remains at the crash site are undisturbed. The United States remains prepared to contribute immediate assistance to any international investigation, including through resources provided by the NTSB and the FBI.

While we do not yet have all the facts, we do know that this incident occurred in the context of a crisis in Ukraine that is fueled by Russian support for the separatists, including through arms, materiel, and training.

This incident only highlights the urgency with which we continue to urge Russia to immediately take concrete steps to de-escalate the situation in Ukraine and to support a sustainable cease-fire and path toward peace that the Ukrainian government has consistently put forward.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/malaysi...sian-border-20140718-3c4nl.html#ixzz37mrzbjrN

Our President is back at the White House now, we should have verification soon on any americans that may be on the flight. I don't know how long since he needs to be briefed on what's happening on the Gaza Strip. A lot has happened today.

Your President has been on an airplane all day that is supposed to be like a mobile White House. All the equipment he needs to run the country. So, I would think he has been briefed by now. Should have been being briefed all day in my estimation. I surely hope he knows what is going on in the Middle East. And you are right a lot has happened today. Probably won't get much sleep tonight. I can't imagine and I sure wouldn't want his job right about now. I am anxious to see how this is handled. jmo

Hearing from reporter on the scene search and rescue on the scene and do not appear to have a clue as to how to proceed.

So far I haven't seen anything suggesting there were any citizens from the USA on the flight, although there are 41 people who haven't been assigned a nationality.

Hearing from reporter on the scene search and rescue on the scene and do not appear to have a clue as to how to proceed.

Oh those poor families. The reporter just said there are skeletons. Why would there be skeletons so soon. Maybe some were burned? Oh my, this is just awful. jmo

O it's been a long day, I bet he gets some sleep. I agree briefings have been on going but he had to deal with many agendas today, you always do at fundraisers. I doubt he's had much of a chance to concentrate on just one or two things today. mck16, you're from Texas right? He is "our" President ;)

I saw a picture on twitter earlier of a guy spraying a firehose onto a debris field with many bodies within feet of his shoes. No hazmat suit, no gear, IIRC not even so much as a face mask; no one else in particular around, just one guy and a hose. (And yes I am sure the picture is legit, it's one a series of the same scene from different angles.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme