Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen the video of the passports being handled. They are in pristine condition. How is this possible?

Passports would have been in online baggage, therefore protected .. some may have been blasted to smithereens not all.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/17/world/europe/ukraine-malaysia-airlines-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

...A radar system saw a surface-to-air missile system turn on and track an aircraft right before the plane went down, the senior U.S. official said. A second system saw a heat signature at the time the airliner was hit, the official said. The United States is analyzing the trajectory of the missile to try to learn where the attack came from, the official said.

The Obama administration believes Ukraine did not have the capability in the region -- let alone the motivation -- to shoot down the plane, a U.S. official told CNN's Jake Tapper...

How are countries/families going to claim the remains of victims? This is really going to be bad.

It's crazy/horrible. The photos of the deceased have already polluted the interwebs.

Passports would have been in online baggage, therefore protected .. some may have been blasted to smithereens not all.

Do you mean in passengers personal baggage? Not sure how they would have been obtained so quickly. There was quite a number of passports. When I traveled to Europe I carried my passport in my purse. I was wondering if flight staff collected passports and they were secured in some type of safe box.

This, plus a lot of bodies have been seen to be fairly intact (sorry). I think the plane was more "shot down" than "blown up entirely in midair", if the distinction is clear.

I do feel sad that it also means looting has almost certainly already occurred.

This, plus a lot of bodies have been seen to be fairly intact (sorry). I think the plane was more "shot down" than "blown up entirely in midair", if the distinction is clear.

I do feel sad that it also means looting has almost certainly already occurred.

I get what you're trying to say and it might be right.

Do you mean in passengers personal baggage? Not sure how they would have been obtained so quickly. There was quite a number of passports. When I traveled to Europe I carried my passport in my purse. I was wondering if flight staff collected passports and they were secured in some type of safe box.

No .. they wouldn't have been taken by staff, they would have been in online baggage or like you said your purse. They were filmed at the crash site by people who were looking for documentation of who was onboard the plane. All you'd have to do is look for handbags / small online bags and look for the passports inside if you were on the scene.

I saw a picture on twitter earlier of a guy spraying a firehose onto a debris field with many bodies within feet of his shoes. No hazmat suit, no gear, IIRC not even so much as a face mask; no one else in particular around, just one guy and a hose. (And yes I am sure the picture is legit, it's one a series of the same scene from different angles.)
I did see one of a woman next to 2 seats. They were reclined like she was resting at the time. Maybe she never knew... :(

All posts are MOO.

I agree. There is no reason Malaysia would be targeted by Russia or Ukraine. Malaysia and Russia seem to have pretty good relations. It seems clear this was the work of someone involved in the Ukranian/Russian crisis which has nothing to do with Malaysia. Generally, terrorists pick symbolic targets, like American airlines, because it has the name "American" in it. And Pan Am, which was the largest US international carrier for a long time. I think this was probably a matter of mistaking the plane for the enemy.

I also see no connection to the missing Malaysian flight, unless some kind of negligence on the part of the airline is to blame, such as knowingly flying a bit too close to a volatile area in this case and another form of negligence in the other case.

Coincidences do occur. All the time. I mean, math ensures that they will occur. But if negligence is part of the cause here, coincidence is out the door.

And I can guarantee you that people will be very, very wary of flying a Malaysian air flight. I wouldn't. Corruption in Malaysia is practically part of the national identity. That doesn't make me confident in any industry connected to it, especially one that has had two such catastrophic events in such a short amount of time.

BBM ~ Thank you Gitana. :) As much as my mind does mental gymnastics, MAS either has bad luck, negligence, or a combination of both.

I had a knee/jerk reaction earlier, but now I can think about this in a logical manner, and this makes sense.

I have seen the video of the passports being handled. They are in pristine condition. How is this possible?

I was thinking the same exact thing!! How did they get them all??

"Meanwhile, Kyiv’s determination to defeat the rebels will not only be strengthened, it is likely to be blessed by the West. It’s not inconceivable that we will not only see Western MREs (meals, easy to eat) and body armor being deployed, but even Western leal weapons, trainers and even special forces.

Without Moscow’s support, the insurgency cannot last for that long. That is not to say that when it goes down, it will go down easy. If anything, the opposite is true as they may no longer have the option of finding sanctuary in Russia. Fighters with their backs to the wall are always dangerous.

Read more: http://inmoscowsshadows.wordpress.com/2014/07/17/reasons-why-malaysian-airlines-mh17-was-probably-shot-down-by-a-rebel-missile-and-why-this-mean-the-rebels-have-lost/#ixzz37nFvdgOS"

I'm completely with you on every word of your post Minnette!!
I am sorry for the way I worded my post. I am by no means partisan in my thoughts or actions and did not mean to take a shot at our President. I am scared too. I do not think this is a political issue on a national level however I realize it is a political issue as it pertains to the world. I'm worried in the grand scheme of things, for our security, for our safety and for our future as all human beings.

I also can't believe that people are just walking all over the crash site on some of the videos I've seen ( some I wish I could "unsee" ) Just taking pictures & video, not wearing any protective gear etc.

I feel so sorry for the families who's pics of their deceased loved ones being slashed all over the internet. Humans disgust me sometimes :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme