Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really disappointed in Putin and I suspect many Europeans may be as well. With the caveat that I disliked the Russian form of government and its media control, I always felt he had done a good job for the Russians himself, was wildly popular = and media control does not influence that to the extent some think, i remember many unpopular russian leaders= never worried to much about oligarchs because most countries including the US have oligarchs in business and with political weight and influence. It is a loaded term depending on who is using it.

Yet overall I felt that even though it was incredibly dangerous to be on his bad side, he is kgb through and through, he did a good job for his country give the type of government they had.

I even understood Crimean (which I think is a lost cause) as the population there overwhelmingly considered themselves russian and wanted to be part of russia. But that isn't the case in Eastern Ukraine..like many though i ignored the conflict or would just shake my head when i saw something in the news, thinking oh well.

This incident has opened my eyes to how far he will go. The bald faced lying, the lack of pressure on the rebels to open the crash site and deal with the bodies with dignity, the overwhelming evidence he supplied the buk..and maybe even the personnel since it takes months to train someone in it as they are saying today on cnn..when of all people he knew the possibilities of shooting down a passenger jet and knew the air corridors were open to civil aviation over 32,000 feet etc. have me not only angry but confused. How can someone's conscience allow the response to the disaster. i mean you can be on either side of the conflict and still agree it was a tragedy and an investigation and allow things to happen properly. He KNOWS that the west has all the evidence it needs via satellite and intelligence that his palm print is directly on the shooting. Worse he knows the Western heads of state know he knows it. So who is he trying to kid? It is fine if he fools his own people in the sense that it won't make a difference to the wests response to it. But its adding insult to injury to be a lying creep. Ok i got emotional there lol. just my opinion. I could see justifying it, straight out and calling it a casualty of war and blaming airlines and countries and europe for allowing planes to fly over. That I could understand but disagree with. Instead he looks like a rubber doll. Parroting nonsense. No consideration for the dead. None.

jmo and thoughts

'Separatist fighters in masks and camouflage fatigues closed off the roads in the area around the train station and airport on the edge of the city as the sound of shelling and Grad rockets thundered nearby.

"There is a war going on there, get the hell out," yelled a camouflaged insurgent waving his automatic weapon.

Some local residents scrambled into minibuses that sped away from the fighting while others were left to run for their lives on foot.'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/21/mh17-disaster-ukraine-obama-live-updates

Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko denies a claim by Russia's defense ministry that a Ukrainian warplane flew near MH17 at the time of the crash.

Poroshenko tells CNN that "this is not true", that the area was being surveilled at the time, and that his government would be open to any investigation on the issue. "Everybody knows that in this period of time … all Ukrainian planes were on the ground [near Grabovo, where the plane crashed.]"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/21/mh17-disaster-ukraine-obama-live-updates

So by tomorrow, those deceased passengers might be in the Netherlands.

But the trouble is, I don't think the rail track gauges are the same. The train might have to be unloaded and bodies transferred at some point.

But the trouble is, I don't think the rail track gauges are the same. The train might have to be unloaded and bodies transferred at some point.

I would imagine once the train is on safe ground they'll want to transfer them to cars that actually cool all of the time. Thank goodness they are on their way.

I understand, thanks :) ..... but I do think that it could be him taking the ring out of a bag of things he had gathered, and showing it to the woman who seems to be looking at it with him. And I think the cameramen would be way back at the road and using telephoto lenses.

There also seems to be the arm of another woman in the pic, the blue sleeve. These are very poor people. They would know that looting was wrong, but I imagine that the temptation must have been incredibly strong.

It is a very sad situation all the way around.

I don't care how poor they are, to steal from deceased victims who were blown from the sky and and the remains stuck in a war zone and stolen from is almost as bad as the murderer's themselves. Shame on them.

I'd assume that they'll be flown by the Dutch Military ASAP, in cargo carriers from Charkov Airport to Eindhoven Airport, a destination that the Dutch military often use.
I cannot think of railway stations where so many bodybags can be quietly removed. At Eindhoven Airport this is possible.

Statement on Pres Poroshenko's official website:

'Train with the bodies of those who were lost in MH-17 plane crash started its movement from the area of the disaster

Train with the bodies of those who were lost in MH-17 plane crash started its movement towards Kharkiv through Donetsk. It was reported to the President by head of the state commission on investigating reasons of Boeing 777 crash, Vice Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman.

The President commanded the Armed Forces to take all the necessary steps to ensure the security of the train until its arrival to the destination point.'

http://president.gov.ua/en/news/30821.html

I'd assume that they'll be flown by the Dutch Military ASAP, in cargo carriers from Charkov Airport to Eindhoven Airport, a destination that the Dutch military often use.
I cannot think of railway stations where so many bodybags can be quietly removed. At Eindhoven Airport this is possible.

Yes, reports are now saying they will be flown. Bitter irony that the best way to transfer these victims is by plane.

Olaf Koens ‏@obk 47 sec.
OVSE wil niets zeggen over de trein, de vertraging en problemen. 'Dat is aan de Nederlandse delegatie.'

Translation

OSCE does not want to say anything about the train, the delays and problems. ' That's up to the Dutch delegation. '

rudy bouma ‏@rudybouma 5 min.
Lijkt iets mis met trein met lichamen: NL experts niet aan boord zoals gewenst maar hier in hotel. Experts zwijgen, OVSE ook #Torez

Translation:

Seems to be something wrong with train with bodies: NL experts not on board as desired but here at the hotel. Experts silent, OSCE too #Torez

Olaf Koens ‏@obk 3 min.

Dit is speculeren, maar het kan te maken hebben bij de gevechten om het station van Donetsk vandaag. Het spoor is fragiel.

Translation:

This is speculation, but it may have to do with the fighting around the railway station in Donetsk today. The tracks are fragile.

Various sources:

Dutch PM: bodies are being flown to Netherlands as soon as they reach Charkov #MH17

Jaap Jansen ‏@JaapJansen 1 min.

Dutch pm Rutte: Black boxes wil be delivered [by rebels] to Malaysian authorithies at 9pm local time #mh17

(press conference as we speak)

Hereis pic of Malaysian Colonel in Donetsk, waiting to pick up the black boxes as promised...in about half an hour? But I just saw pic of tanks rushing into the town. Hope they are there to protect and nothing else. I'll have to go back and find tank link - I was so startled I clicked straight off it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bishopk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 88
Bertine L. Moenaff @Bertine83 · 13 min

Dutch PM delayed cos of Poroshenko call #MH17 statement now

Dutch PM: OSCE confirmed train is first going to Donetsk. Then to Charkov where Dutch experts are #MH17

#OSCE counted some 200 bodies on train #MH17

Dutch PM: bodies are being flown to Netherlands as soon as they reach Charkov #MH17

Dutch PM back peddeling on claim that bodies were badly handled #MH17 'May have been more careful than we first thought. Research needed'

So what's happening in Donetsk?? #MH17 Dutch PM just said it's going to be a long train ride. Once in Charkov, flight to NL asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kroberts47421