Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody upthread was speculating whether she went to the area that has Wifi to use her device - I very much doubt she has a phone or would be able to use one. jmo

I have a little child who has Downs syndrome in my family (aged 6) who has very good knowledge of phones and tablets, especially if she wants to watch paw patrol etc.

I have a little child who has Downs syndrome in my family (aged 6) who has very good knowledge of phones and tablets, especially if she wants to watch paw patrol etc.
I’m almost astounded when I see the level of knowledge kids have towards tech. Babysat a 3 year old child on the autistic spectrum a few months back and he was able to workout how to download games on to my tablet! Thankfully no cash ones. If she has a phone it might even be a simple or one without all the bells and whistles. Though with mention of all her belongings being at the room, I’m doubtful if she had one/if she took it with her.

I’m almost astounded when I see the level of knowledge kids have towards tech. Babysat a 3 year old child on the autistic spectrum a few months back and he was able to workout how to download games on to my tablet! Thankfully no cash ones. If she has a phone it might even be a simple or one without all the bells and whistles. Though with mention of all her belongings being at the room, I’m doubtful if she had one/if she took it with her.
I would be guessing she may have had a tablet they are great learning tools for children with Learning disabilities, although the resort had limited WIFI. I'm not sure she have understood to go to a certain place to find it.

Oh I wasn't aware and feel bad now for possibly underestimating Nora's capabilities. My apologies, and thank you for sharing!

Thinking that a brief glance at a white female at the river whilst driving by, Nora would appear to be a child (which she is) rather than a woman, imo speculation.

She might appear as a woman to someone just having a quick glance in passing though if she's physically developed. jmo

Oh I wasn't aware and feel bad now for possibly underestimating Nora's capabilities. My apologies, and thank you for sharing!

She might appear as a woman to someone just having a quick glance in passing though if she's physically developed. jmo
No worries, I have no idea what Nora's capabilities are re techy stuff.

I agree she may have been mistaken for a woman, I just doubt it was her.

I agree she may have been mistaken for a woman, I just doubt it was her

But how many Westerners are there currently staying in and around the resort/river area? Are there other tourist accomodations close to the resort? If this wasn't Nora surely that woman would have heard about her being missing and would come forward to clarify? Moo.

it looks quite a basic, grim resort if i'm honest. not child friendly in any way....what is there out there for young children to actually do? after a few treks out even my own kids would struggle as i'm guessing they had planned to be there a while

no beach, guessing no wifi or tv. pool? organised trips out don't look much beyond treks. wildlife you'd need to wait around to see. what was the selling point of this place?

Both of my kids would absolutely love it. It's great family time, to unplug.
We've gone for a week, 10 days no Wi-Fi. We spend days exploring, enjoying the pool and reading an actual book.
And yes, my kids (8 & 14) are tabletholics. However, to unplug and be a family, it's really possible for some.

Malaisie : les recherches s'intensifient pour retrouver Nora Quoirin

Couple of extracts from French newspaper L ‘Express:

"Nora a disparu dans des conditions extrêmement mystérieuses puisqu'elle couchait dans sa chambre avec sa soeur et son frère", a de son côté déclaré ce mardi le grand-père de la jeune fille, Sylvain Quoirin, joint par téléphone à Venisy (centre-nord de la France), localité dont il est maire.

« Nora disappeared under extremely mysterious circumstances given that she was sleeping in her room with her sister and brother », stated her grandfather, Sylvain Quoirin, when contacted by phone this Tuesday in Venisy (north central France), where he is the mayor.

And

"C'est une jeune fille qui a un léger handicap et qui est plutôt timide, réservée. C'est plutôt quelqu'un de très peureuse", a-t-il confié.

« She is a young girl with a slight disability who is rather shy, reserved. She is more a very fearful type of person”, he shared.

Malaisie : les recherches s'intensifient pour retrouver Nora Quoirin

Couple of extracts from French newspaper L ‘Express:

"Nora a disparu dans des conditions extrêmement mystérieuses puisqu'elle couchait dans sa chambre avec sa soeur et son frère", a de son côté déclaré ce mardi le grand-père de la jeune fille, Sylvain Quoirin, joint par téléphone à Venisy (centre-nord de la France), localité dont il est maire.

« Nora disappeared under extremely mysterious circumstances given that she was sleeping in her room with her sister and brother », stated her grandfather, Sylvain Quoirin, when contacted by phone this Tuesday in Venisy (north central France), where he is the mayor.

And

"C'est une jeune fille qui a un léger handicap et qui est plutôt timide, réservée. C'est plutôt quelqu'un de très peureuse", a-t-il confié.

« She is a young girl with a slight disability who is rather shy, reserved. She is more a very fearful type of person”, he shared.

They 'shy and reserved' description from the grandfather makes me think of a girl who might be painfully shy with strangers and quite clingy with her parents and 'safe' people who she has longstanding familiarity with. I wonder if that's why the family doubt so strongly that N would have gone wandering around the resort by herself?

My thought is still that if N had never been in an environment quite like that one, then maybe it's harder to predict what her actions might be in the new environment.

Yeah I didn’t mean to pray just those siblings could be vital witnesses I didn’t mean exact age and names but something as in ‘a young teenager, toddler’ etc.

No problem. :). We were all new here once and learned as we went (I'm still learning), but wanted to welcome you and let you know. Keep posting!

parents names, fact she has a brother and a sister, aunt and grandfathers name, his position as mayor......ALL been mentioned in sm

so has the go fund me

ive seen plenty more too. instead of jumping on people, lets find Nora?

They 'shy and reserved' description from the grandfather makes me think of a girl who might be painfully shy with strangers and quite clingy with her parents and 'safe' people who she has longstanding familiarity with. I wonder if that's why the family doubt so strongly that N would have gone wandering around the resort by herself?

My thought is still that if N had never been in an environment quite like that one, then maybe it's harder to predict what her actions might be in the new environment.
I think she has been to Bali before.

Last edited:
I wonder how much a routine meant to her and how disrupted she may have felt, with the travel and new environment, enough that it maybe disturbed her sleeping pattern. Maybe the travel and new environment caused no upset, maybe it did.

I wonder how much a routine meant to her and how disrupted she may have felt, with the travel and new environment, enough that it maybe disturbed her sleeping pattern. Maybe the travel and new environment caused no upset, maybe it did.
Jet lag may well have caused her to wake at an early time, when most may have been sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler