Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same window based on location of kitchen in the previous picture except the newer picture is blurry at the details (handles) part. The right side of the window, looking from the interior, is the one that has been pictured as opened from the Nora scene.

I have these windows in my Malaysian house. There are two sides with each having a handle, inverted L handles to picture them better. You push them to open and they are held open with a hinge at the bottom or top. The bottom locks in place if you push far enough. It does not take much effort to open them. There are no winches or things to crank, usually the L shape handle is pulled up (counter clockwise) and the window pushed open.

It seems to me in the pictures of the Sora house earlier (the clear picture but not of the NQ scene), the right window has a missing L handle. You can see a few screws on the panel where the handle should be.

On the flipside if someone had tried to open them from outside if the handles are engaged you would be able to see clear marks on the metal bar in the middle of these two window panels. From previous pictures it seems the right window did not have that L shaped handle. Even then there would be marks on the outside if someone used to pry it open.

Welcome! And you may know, what is in that wooden box attached to the house by the window?

Ugh! I wish they would announce the findings. I’m back and forth with lines of thought. So, does the tipster get the reward? How does that play out? I wonder if that genie has a bank account. The shaman told him to return Nora in the same condition but would ask for something in return. Shaman will handle it with them.

Oh, c’mon already. What time is it over there?

The post-mortem results on the body of Irish teen Nora Anne Quoirin, who was found in a ravine near The Dusun resort on Tuesday, will be announced at 2pm today (Aug 15).
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/512937/nora-annes-post-mortem-results-be-announced-2pm

You do know that the family was the ones that were upset about anyone searching the jungle, don’t you?? The family is the ones who only wanted them to search for signs of an abduction and find a kidnapper. They were upset at all the resources going into a jungle search they thought was useless. So let’s not talk about anyone’s help being declined when the family was the one upset over it.
Can you provide a link where is stated that "the family was upset with the police searching in the jungle" ?.
Is my understanding that they claimed it as an abduction and to treat it as criminal matter, didn't see anyone upset about the search, actually people here were complaining that the parents were thanking the Malaysian authorities too much and that was fishy. JMO

Welcome! And you may know, what is in that wooden box attached to the house by the window?

Thank you for the welcome. Sorry I have no idea what it could be. It may be the water tank as water tanks in Malaysia are usually put up in the ceiling. Under the roof, above the ceiling panels. They are big black plastic tubs or less commonly stainless steel tall bins. I presume the Sora house does not have any ceilings, looks like wooden rafters from the pictures, and they would not want to perch the unsightly bins on the roof of the house to mar the beauty of the resort. That's my guess. Sorry I couldn't be much help!

Thank you for the welcome. Sorry I have no idea what it could be. It may be the water tank as water tanks in Malaysia are usually put up in the ceiling. Under the roof, above the ceiling panels. They are big black plastic tubs or less commonly stainless steel tall bins. I presume the Sora house does not have any ceilings, looks like wooden rafters from the pictures, and they would not want to perch the unsightly bins on the roof of the house to mar the beauty of the resort. That's my guess. Sorry I couldn't be much help!

Thank you ! You were a lot of help - now I wonder if it's a water tank, a holding tank, or where the hot water super heater is. Did anyone search the roof of that house? There is something on the roof that's silver and shiny and looks like a tank. They do use state water now, so that may be empty?

Anyone search the wood bin?

Last edited:
Ugh! I wish they would announce the findings. I’m back and forth with lines of thought. So, does the tipster get the reward? How does that play out? I wonder if that genie has a bank account. The shaman told him to return Nora in the same condition but would ask for something in return. Shaman will handle it with them.

Oh, c’mon already. What time is it over there?

The post-mortem results on the body of Irish teen Nora Anne Quoirin, who was found in a ravine near The Dusun resort on Tuesday, will be announced at 2pm today (Aug 15).
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/512937/nora-annes-post-mortem-results-be-announced-2pm
I believe that 2pm in Malaysia would be:

2am eastern time
1am central time
11pm Pacific

Correct me if I’m wrong here.

How far apart are each of these houses? Where was the Dutch tourist to be able to see the Sora house so well, and to hear 'rustling'? That sounds like next door, yet I thought each cottage was spaced out?

Also, the complex itself, is it open on its perimeter boundaries, or is it cordoned off in some way with just one or two entrance/exits? I thought I saw somewhere that entrance was through one gate, which was locked at night. Can't remember where I saw, but would beg the question how she got out if area was secured all round and with a locked gate.

In answer to the arrival time of the family, the Dusun website says check in from 2pm. so would have been thereabouts or later.

Good question about how far apart the houses are and what the Dutch couple could hear.

Besides, if it is apparently so loud in the jungle that none of the other four occupants of Nora’s house heard a teenager with the mobility issues (and significant developmental delays the parents have said she has) navigate a spiral staircase and climb out a window in a tiny house, how is it even remotely feasible that the Dutch people heard anything?

If the Dutch people heard ANYTHING from their house, there is zero excuse for this family to have not heard anything in their own house.

Thank you ! You were a lot of help now I wonder if it's a water tank, a holding tank, or where the hot water thing is. Did anyone search the roof of that house? How about the wooden shed thing?

I can't speak for that location but usually hot water is a little contraption in the shower itself that heats up the water. The tank will only hold water direct from the water source. I don't see why they need to search the water tank or shed? I don't think it would be anything curious for Nora especially in the dark of night.

From reviews and blogs i heard the place gets very dark with little addition of lights (exterior) to make it seem like you are living right in the jungle but in the luxury of a cabin. Personally I wouldn't be able to sleep with the whole front area - the area opposite the kitchen - being open with no doors or ability to close it to the elements. In a blog post I saw the person mentioned that when it rains everything in the living room gets soaked. It's that open.

Good question about how far apart the houses are and what the Dutch couple could hear.

Besides, if it is apparently so loud in the jungle that none of the other four occupants of Nora’s house heard a teenager with the mobility issues (and significant developmental delays the parents have said she has) navigate a spiral staircase and climb out a window in a tiny house, how is it even remotely feasible that the Dutch people heard anything?

If the Dutch people heard ANYTHING from their house, there is zero excuse for this family to have not heard anything in their own house.
They heard some noise by the pool next to Nora's house, not inside the house. JMO

I can't speak for that location but usually hot water is a little contraption in the shower itself that heats up the water. The tank will only hold water direct from the water source. I don't see why they need to search the water tank or shed? I don't think it would be anything curious for Nora especially in the dark of night.

From reviews and blogs i heard the place gets very dark with little addition of lights (exterior) to make it seem like you are living right in the jungle but in the luxury of a cabin. Personally I wouldn't be able to sleep with the whole front area - the area opposite the kitchen - being open with no doors or ability to close it to the elements. In a blog post I saw the person mentioned that when it rains everything in the living room gets soaked. It's that open.

The Dusun @ Seremban
Kawasan Lynn Damya: The Dusun Berembun House, Negeri Sembilan
Yes. Everything you point out can be seen in here.

Quoirin’s family lawyer Sankara N. Nair had earlier called on Malaysian police to accept an offer by French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian to help investigate the circumstances of the girl’s death.

“It’s a very good proposal. I hope police will accept the assistance,” Nair told Reuters.
France opens criminal probe into death of Nora Quoirin | Borneo Post Online

So you mean to say that a 12 year old and an 8 year old hiked 1.2 miles to the waterfall and back without getting lost and no one seen them in and out and are keeping it a secret. JMO

LOL this is just as outlandish a theory as someone entering the home through a window by the parents and going up the stairs and taking a teenager out (who is 5’2” so taller than me!) and nobody hearing a thing. Actually I think the sibling theory is more likely than the parents’ theory.

I’m away, so no good at searching for the right links etc- maybe someone else can help. In the beginning when they had only a few people searching they looked high up for NORA, but within 24/48 hours as the search party numbers grew, they moved the search down to the base of the resort assuming she would walk down hill. It was only within the last day or so before she was found, they went back uphill towards the waterfall. That was my understanding, so I can see how she was missed the first time round possibly, but then they weren’t searching that area until very recently.

LOL this is just as outlandish a theory as someone entering the home through a window by the parents and going up the stairs and taking a teenager out (who is 5’2” so taller than me!) and nobody hearing a thing. Actually I think the sibling theory is more likely than the parents’ theory.
Well since you are pushing for the theory that the family has something to do with it for a while now.
And you are entitle to your opinion. What is your theory of what happened?

You do know that the family was the ones that were upset about anyone searching the jungle, don’t you?? The family is the ones who only wanted them to search for signs of an abduction and find a kidnapper. They were upset at all the resources going into a jungle search they thought was useless. So let’s not talk about anyone’s help being declined when the family was the one upset over it.

JMHO.... I would think they wanted focus on abduction and a physical search.

They searched diligently, in horrific conditions. I commend these folks. They have hearts of gold!!

I feel the family has alot more information, that normally expected. The Lucie Blackman Foundation provided boots on the ground with flyers, major SM blitz, MSM interviews.

They had a Hotline taking, researching and forwarding information. I am amazed at this organization.

Lucie Blackman Trust on Twitter

To reiterate: we are receiving a phenomenal amount of calls, messages of support for Nora's family, intelligence, info, and suggestions. We are having to go through each one individually and whilst we cannot reply to all, they are all being read and forwarded on where necessary.

Nora's parents were exemplary and gracious in the worst of times. They are educated, professional and religious folks.

I am so hoping that all the wonderful, offers of highly trained agencies, world best technology were taken advantage of. It's a win for all.

JMHO

According to the resort layout map there are two entrances, one on either side. The gate was reportedly not locked this particular night. The Dutch tourist heard noise at a pool adjacent to them, below from Sora House where the family was staying.

When you say the gate was reportedly unlocked that particular night, do you know if this was usual? Or, unusual? TIA

Last edited:
A shamen's role involves seeking to restore an imbalance, particularly in things to do with nature. Traditionally, as an example, many indigenous cultures believe that the animals in a forest have spiritual "owners". You cannot hunt and kill an animal without holding a ritual to obtain the owners permission and if you do you will fall ill and you must make amends, under instruction and supervision of the shaman who acts as the medium with the spirit.

The idea is to maintain the natural equilibrium, if you take - you give back. That is why, for forest conservation planning projects, indigenous groups are increasingly involved as important actors and their traditional sacred sites and management practices are respected.

In this case, I think it was a clever and sensitive move to bring the shaman in because of the respect he would inspire locally and the equivalent of the "fear of God" in case someone was harbouring information of any kind.

The waterfall could well be a sacred site.

Whether the discovery of Nora's body the following day had anything to do with this or was pure coincidence is anybody's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay