Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO my experience is that religions believe in the make-believe. that's why its called Faith. No proof of a god. the books are stories. in my experience it's nonsense. each to their own though. I don't discount spirituality, that religions and other beliefs contact. the division religion has played in our world is a large one.
ETA: i don't even think discussing religion on this is relevant to the case. Rest in Peace NORA

Well said. I also don’t think comparing personal experiences, i.e ...my father had this, my mother had that, my sister went wandering ....etc, etc are helpful. This is a unique case and should not be compared to others experiences.

Thasha Jayamanogaran ‏ @Thashaj

THREAD: State police chief clarifies several matters with Malay Mail,after autopsy findings:

-Ireland did not make a request for a second autopsy, in fact a cop from France who observed the post-mortem session said he was very satisfied.Nora's parents, are a Irish-French couple.

Thasha Jayamanogaran on Twitter

He also said that the case is still classified as a missing person with cops opening an additional sudden death report (SDR) -

"We opened a SDR for inquest reasons,if there is a plan for one later. -"

Investigation papers will be forwarded to the AG to get their view & decision."

State police chief also told Malay Mail, Nora Quoirin may have been 'mobile', confirms area where body found was scoured.

-"SAR covered the area since we believed, that she’s alive until day 7. She may have been mobile. We concentrated at the Gunung Berembun area after Day 7."

He also confirmed again that Nora was found completely unclothed & says cops cannot ascertain what she wore before disappearing from the resort. “Her parents told us she was last seen with her undergarment. However we cannot establish if she disappeared with or without it yet."

I am just wondering about something like that occurring and causing death in such a short space of time? I could understand more if she had tried to eat something which had poisoned her. Would there not have been blood visible around her mouth or face from this too?
Am not sure but I read a comment earlier on here that someone family member had a ruptured Ulcer and there was a lot of blood and it is strange that no mention of blood?

Horrifying and so sad how she died and that she was alive that long :( All along i felt she had left on her own either deliberately or accidentally but i thought she'd have died early on.

Props to the family for saying they are "satisfied with the investigation" despite disagreeing with the conclusion, it's faint praise but it still says a lot when they really can't understand how this has happened. Hope they get true closure soon. RIP.

Could she read? Could she comprehend a parcel or what it was for?

I remember someone saying last night she could read but she couldn't write well, this was only a poster saying this without a link so i'm not sure where it comes from. Not sure if she could comprehend it.

I accept the results of the autopsy. I was expecting this. A teenager with the mind of a small child, even with mobility issues, can get herself into quite a lot of accidental trouble. To me the biggest tragedy is that she was out there wandering for so long and could have been found. I believe that the search effort was thorough however. There’s no comfort in the way she died whatsoever.

I searched in Medical Books and on the Internet for "upper gastro-intestinal bleeding/ulcer" complicated by perforation.

I read NSAIDS overdose / overuse over a prolonged period of time and H pylori bacteria can cause ulcer bleeding. But this happens more to the elderly...
Other reasons like stress and not eating regularly cause gradual harm to the body & stomach ulcer over a long time. NQ might have starved but what 'ulcer'?

We have not found any scientific article that starvation of 1 week causes sudden acute ulcer bleeding of the Emergency sort... By saying this, I'm not saying in any way that the post-mortem was wrong, but just puzzled why whoever said starvation & stress can cause ulcer bleeding leading to death within 1 week... We looked and looked but cannot find info about such a COD... If anyone finds info in reliable medical Journals (black and white published non-fiction articles), pls Respectfully share. Thank you.

Want to find out what can cause the type of internal bleeding (the ulcer developed And led to death within few days?) Specifically said by the Malaysian Police during the video of the press conference (which developed over a short few days but caused Death?)...
- According to Pathologist's Report, what caused the inner bleeding?
- Or was it an off-the-cuff remark, not by pathologist?

Last edited:
I searched in Medical Books and on the Internet for "upper gastro-intestinal bleeding/ulcer" complicated by perforation.

I read NSAIDS overdose / overuse over a prolonged period of time and H pylori bacteria can cause ulcer bleeding. But this happens more to the elderly...
Other reasons like stress and not eating regularly cause gradual harm to the body over a very long time.

We have not found any scientific article that starvation of 1 week causes sudden acute ulcer bleeding of the Emergency sort... By saying this, I'm not saying in any way that the post-mortem was wrong, but just puzzled why whoever said starvation & stress can cause ulcer bleeding leading to death within 1 week... We looked and looked but cannot find info about such a COD... If anyone finds info in reliable medical Journals (black and white published non-fiction articles), pls Respectfully share. Thank you.

Want to find out what can cause the type of internal bleeding Specifically specified by the Malaysian Police (and which developed over a short few days)... unless it was an off-the-cuff remark, not by pathologist? If so, then why did the ulcer lead to death in a few days?

It's not starvation you should be looking for. It's the link between stress and ulcer you should be looking for. Being out in starvation mode puts stress on your body. I can post journals for it here or just dm you.

Food and water is essential for humans to survive.

At least 60 percent of the human body is made of water, and it has many uses within the body.

Our body uses water to regulate our body temperature through sweat and respiration, lubricate our joints and to help deliver oxygen all over the body.

Water also forms saliva, which aids with our digestion, and acts as a shock absorber for the brain and spinal cord.

Sources differ, but the widely considered view is the human body can only survive without water for three days.
In terms of food, the consensus is the human body can only survive without it for three weeks.

Mahatma Gandhi famously survived 21 days of complete starvation during a hunger strike.

In survival, there is a term known as ‘rule of threes’.

Rule of threes refers to how humans may normally survive three minutes without breathable air or in icy water, and three hours in a harsh environment.

It also refers to how humans may normally survive three days without drinking water, and three weeks without food.
Nora Quoirin tragedy: How long can a person survive without food or water?

I'm also wondering about the discrepant reports of COD from various MSM sources--some, like CNN, say she died of "intestinal bleeding" (Nora Quoirin probably died of intestinal bleeding, Malaysia police say - CNN) whereas others, such as the BBC, say it was an "upper GI bleed" ('No foul play' in Nora Quoirin death). I've also seen sources like the UK's "Mirror" say "intestinal rupture." (Autopsy finds Nora Quoirin died from injuries caused by starvation and stress). Are any verified medical professionals here able to speak to whether these terms are typically used interchangeably or not?
For someone in the medical field they are not used interchangeably, but most likely used by non-medical persons. I don't know how it's in Malaysia, but I doubt that the full autopsy report is, or are going to be, revealed to the public, so the media doesn't know for sure where the ulcer in Nora's gastro-intestinal system was. (Not verified, but spent two years transcribing autopsy reports, and almost 40 years medical case records.)

Her gastric juice may cause of ulcer form within her intestine system. Assuming she doesn't eat anything when she still missing.

Gastric ulcers on the other hand are usually caused by hypersecretion of gastric juice of humoral or gastrin origin caused by stasis of food in the stomach in contact with the gastric antrum. This stasis may be due to pyloric stenosis from an accompanying duodenal ulcer or to defective gastric tonus and motility.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0002961069902980

One of the mom 's in our mommy group, died of this. She had felt bad for 2 days. She developed a severe headache. Her husband went to change clothes to take her to the emergency room, came back and she was in cardiac arrest. He did CPR. She was on life support for several days, never regained consciousness.

Once a hole appears in the stomach, all the gastric acid, which are very strong, dumps into the body. Resulting in sepsis. Most die of infection.

So sad, for Nora and her family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members