Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is important to figure out who else knew that Nora was excited about the waterfall, and who told them.

But there are other important issues too. The route she may have taken, if she was carried, etc. There will be traces of her hiding places beside the stream, not too far into the jungle.

We never heard who told about the water fall.

Would the finding place the run down house we saw in the search the photos? It was overgrown with trees.

Does anyone live in the jungle where the waterfall is?

Thank you!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:

What's also not clear (or I've missed) is whether Nora's desire to see the waterfall (and speculation that she may have been trying to get there) was made public before the search teams and/or hikers set out in this direction, or after her body was found.
The female hiker made it clear that their group went towards the waterfall AFTER hearing about her excitement. She described how they came across the body, stopped short, and didn't take any photos.

Everything done right, but too late for Nora.

The police stated this area had been previously searched so could have already been aware of her liking of waterfalls maybe the volunteers decided to revisit this area again because of that also

Who would have even imagined her being able to find the waterfall over a mile away ? I doubt she did and possibly heard the running water by default

We never heard who told about the water fall.

Would the finding place the run down house we saw in the search the photos? It was overgrown with trees.

Does anyone live in the jungle where the waterfall is?

Thank you!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:
Does anyone know how far the waterfall is from where she was found?
Is it closer to where the resort is from that spot or further?
In other words was her body past the waterfall or between the waterfall and the resort?
If she was walking next to the stream would the water be flowing the opposite direction?

I thought the waterfall was about 1.5 miles from the resort.

No. Hikers sometimes visit, but they usually go the mountain peak.
You mean they don't normally go down the mountain to where the body was?
Do you know if the ravine is really 3/4 of a mile down like it was stated in one of the articles?
Do you know how the hikers would have had to access the spot where they found her? I think they said it took a couple of hours but it's not really clear where they started.
I really wish we had a map.

I thought the waterfall was about 1.5 miles from the resort.
Yes, although some articles say 2.6 km and some say 2.4. It's just over a mile.

Last edited:
You mean they don't normally go down the mountain to where the body was?
Do you know if the ravine is really 3/4 of a mile down like it was stated in one of the articles?
Do you know how the hikers would have had to access the spot where they found her? I think they said it took a couple of hours but it's not really clear where they started.
I really wish we had a map.
The waterfall is ~400m (1/4 mile) above sea level, so the ravine won't be 3/4 of a mile deep.

Source is Google maps, but I can't link at the moment.

Yes, although some articles say 2.6 km and some say 2.4. It's just over a mile.
I made the waterfall about 2km from the resort as the crow flies and about 2.5 km over ground, which I believe are the 2 distances quoted in MSM.

ETA: again, Google maps.

Does anyone know how far the waterfall is from where she was found?
Is it closer to where the resort is from that spot or further?
In other words was her body past the waterfall or between the waterfall and the resort?
If she was walking next to the stream would the water be flowing the opposite direction?

Don't have the answer.

We need to find a map person. We've got some good ones on here maybe @otto. We need help mapping the trailing from the resort to the waterfall. That would be my starting point.

I did a little research on the village near the falls and its history. Interesting...

The female hiker made it clear that their group went towards the waterfall AFTER hearing about her excitement. She described how they came across the body, stopped short, and didn't take any photos.

Everything done right, but too late for Nora.

I spent 3 hours look at those very article last night. Try I trying to figure where the information came from. I don't see where it says the hikers are from.

I can discuss an opposite scenario for now. An Australian mother seemingly misplaced her baby, but claimed that a dingo took it. It also became a movie.

That info is out of date. The mother was convicted of murder but was released when new evidence was found.

But as she watched her life tick by, in early February of 1986 a crucial discovery was made: police searching around Uluru for a British tourist who had slipped and fallen while attempting to climb the rock found baby Azaria Chamberlain's matinée jacket.

It was half-buried near dingo dens, not far from where her bloodied and ripped nappy and jumpsuit had been found after the nine-week-old disappeared from the family's tent in August 1980.

NT release Cabinet documents on Azaria Chamberlain case

Don't have the answer.

We need to find a map person. We've got some good ones on here maybe @otto. We need help mapping the trailing from the resort to the waterfall. That would be my starting point.

I did a little research on the village near the falls and its history. Interesting...
Ok, here's a map, but it's video from Google Earth, so I can't link to it. Here's a screenshot from the below video posted by Imstilla to show it's the right area.
Screenshot_20190815-224248.png
The orange line is gps data from hikers on Google Earth. Waterfall and stream crossings are also from hiker GPS data.

I think there could be more stream crossings, but that's all I found.

The red lines are just a grid to give better definition of the terrain. Yellow line is 2km radius from the resort, as that was what was first reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay