Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have the answer.

We need to find a map person. We've got some good ones on here maybe @otto. We need help mapping the trailing from the resort to the waterfall. That would be my starting point.

I did a little research on the village near the falls and its history. Interesting...
Yes, we really need Otto! I saw him here last night and should have asked him. It would really help if we had a visual of the area. There must be maps available somewhere, at least of the trails.

I know the body was found near the waterfall, but I don't remember them saying it was AT the waterfall. Did the stream lead to a river where the waterfall was?
There was a picture of it, but it's hard to tell if it's 100 yards away or 500 yards away or more.

I wonder if she ever got to see it.
If she was following the stream hoping to find it, I wonder if she was trying to follow it back to the resort.
If she found it somewhere near the resort when she first left, she may have connected that to getting back there.
But I still don't know how far the river is from the resort. I asked before but I didn't see an answer. Imo

Surely if she has wandered for days barefoot they can now search from the location she was found and prove that by finding her footprints?

But it had been raining during the period, and of course if it was over rocky ground, not flat earth or grass, would not be prints?

I can discuss an opposite scenario for now. An Australian mother seemingly misplaced her baby, but claimed that a dingo took it. It also became a movie.
Yes, with Meryl Streep. That was a different situation because they were camping and the child was an infant.

And Nora was not abducted by a wild animal.

The only similarities I can see are that those parents were judged severely by the media for being neglectful.
For years the mother endured criticism and accusations that she herself killed her child until it was finally proven that the baby was killed by a dingo, unprovoked. Imo

The way I see this unfolding is,

Nora woke up early, ventured outside, went down to the river near the accommodation (where she may have been spotted bathing by a passer-by). She didn't have a concept of how vast and confusing the jungle is, and as she was enjoying herself in the water she began to follow the river until she realised she didn't know where she had originally entered, so she couldn't find her way back and quickly became lost and confused.

She panicked and zig zagged around the jungle, but with the river likely the only distinct geographical landmark amongst the vegetation she naturally ended up following it, but in the direction away from her accommodation, up until the point where her body was found.

Had she sat still at the point she realised she was lost, she probably would have been found alive.

I find it a coincidence she was found near the waterfall (it was claimed she had been excited to see) because I don't think she could have navigated there. The waterfall is part of the natural course of the river, which I think she entered near the accommodation and followed to the waterfall. The reason she died near the waterfall is because she was exhausted and because the terrain becomes more dangerous here.

She probably didn't sleep properly for days. When people were searching for her she may have been asleep on the forest floor after several sleepless nights.

As for the reason she was found without clothing, it may have been because she removed it after becoming too hot, damp and uncomfortable after being wet from the river.

Why Nora out of character left the house that morning we will probably never know. I don't think someone else is involved anymore, I think its a series of unfortunate events.

I was really hoping they would have found her alive :(

I read the entire article. I am more confused.,,I'm not good at reading between the lines. Did a dingo really take the baby?
ttps://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/world/asia/after-32-years-coroner-confirms-dingo-killed-australian-baby.html?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=1882080FF659DB892BD09FCABFF71372&gwt=pay&assetType=REGIWALL
"After 32 Years, Coroner Confirms Dingo Killed Australian Baby. Thirty-two years after Azaria Chamberlain, 9 weeks old, disappeared from a campsite in Australia, the coroner in the fourth inquest into her death announced on Tuesday that the baby died as a result of being taken by a dingo, an Australian wild dog.Jun 11, 2012"

Movie, "A CRY IN THE DARK"
A Cry in the Dark (1988) - IMDb

Also referenced in popular comedy tv show "Seinfeld"..

The way I see this unfolding is,

Nora woke up early, ventured outside, went down to the river near the accommodation (where she may have been spotted bathing by a passer-by). She didn't have a concept of how vast and confusing the jungle is, and as she was enjoying herself in the water she began to follow the river until she realised she didn't know where she had originally entered, so she couldn't find her way back and quickly became lost and confused.

She panicked and zig zagged around the jungle, but with the river likely the only distinct geographical landmark amongst the vegetation she naturally ended up following it, but in the direction away from her accommodation, up until the point where her body was found.

Had she sat still at the point she realised she was lost, she probably would have been found alive.

I find it a coincidence she was found near the waterfall (it was claimed she had been excited to see) because I don't think she could have navigated there. The waterfall is part of the natural course of the river, which I think she entered near the accommodation and followed to the waterfall. The reason she died near the waterfall is because she was exhausted and because the terrain becomes more dangerous here.

She probably didn't sleep properly for days. When people were searching for her she may have been asleep on the forest floor after several sleepless nights.

As for the reason she was found without clothing, it may have been because she removed it after becoming too hot, damp and uncomfortable after being wet from the river.

Why Nora out of character left the house that morning we will probably never know. I don't think someone else is involved anymore, I think its a series of unfortunate events.

I was really hoping they would have found her alive :(
How far away was the river from the resort? Was there a trail leading to it?
The staff described the jungle around the resort as very thick and difficult to get through. Can the river be seen from the resort?

I provided an "opposite scenario" ... Nora wasn't abducted, her family was in a cabin, and her parents have almost universal sympathy.

Can you give an example of the scenario you were asked for? Which i believe was someone abducting a child, not harming them in any way then releasing them which lead to them dying on their own? Genuinely curious because i've never heard anything like that.

Can you give an example of the scenario you were asked for? Which i believe was someone abducting a child, not harming them in any way then releasing them which lead to them dying on their own? Genuinely curious because i've never heard anything like that.
I think others have suggested that.
The abductor may have decided to release her after hearing the Shaman speak.
The Shaman did say he would give him something in return, which would only be between the two of them. Imo

Yes, with Meryl Streep. That was a different situation because they were camping and the child was an infant.

And Nora was not abducted by a wild animal.

The only similarities I can see are that those parents were judged severely by the media for being neglectful.
For years the mother endured criticism and accusations that she herself killed her child until it was finally proven that the baby was killed by a dingo, unprovoked. Imo
Well he said an opposite scenario, but I’m still not sure what that boils down to. Any hints?

I think others have suggested that.
The abductor may have decided to release her after hearing the Shaman speak.
The Shaman did say he would give him something in return, which would only be between the two of them. Imo

Yeah the member i quoted said "it's happened before" so i assume they had a specific case in mind and i was curious what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309