Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nora died after wandering alone in the jungle for a week. She died of stress and hunger induced ulcer. Her body didn't show any signs of serious injuries or assault, only minor scratches.

Those are only established facts so far, the rest are speculation.

Without speculation (within TOS) the thread might as well shut down. :D But you’re right about her injuries. We honestly don’t know she for sure that she “wandered” for a week though. She could have been taken somewhere and stayed put until the end.

Amanda Eller was a mess after 17 days in the Maui rain forest.
Men who found Amanda Eller share details on her 'unbelievable’ rescue

I can´t remember which poster was asking this morning about the pets at the resort.

But I found this from reviews:

There is at least one dog, references to dogs called Maya and Pansy and two ginger cats called Whisky and Tiger.

The cats in particular seem very friendly and there are photos of them crashed out fast asleep within the guest houses, taken during the day as well as at night.

Can anyone answer what might seem a dumb question? Is the jungle there in that region so dense thàt are shaded from the sun? I ask as on photos of Nora she looks to have the sort of skin tone that burns easily. . Just my observation.I wonder if she was seen to be sunburnt at post mortem. Rest in peace Nora

Hi. As the forest looks quite dense from the images we have seen, it would be mostly shady apart from any forest clearings or open areas such as the waterfall where you would burn without protection.

Certainly you would be able to shelter from the sun.

Think this backs up what quite a few of us have been saying.
Her feet would have been ripped to shreds,her body badly scratched and bruised, and she also would
have been covered in bites,leeches and goodness knows what else.

Yes, but Nora wouldn't have been setting the same pace as these hikers. Forest ground is not all hostile, in fact it is remarkably springy in places because of moss and leaf litter. It is possible also that she worked her way along the river, which would have been softer on her feet.

I think the fact that the autopsy did not find signs of dehydration is surprising given the climate and conditions, but would indicate that Nora managed basic survival skills.

I wrote down a scenario from my head in a reply to Simply Southern.

Let's imagine that Nora woke up at 6AM and decided to visit the exciting waterfall. She somehow managed to go 1000ft, where her scent stopped. Now imagine that someone found her, and decided to help her out.

Of course, other scenarios in my head are darker, but she ends up deep in the jungle, far beyond where she could have gone by herself.

When we used to travel by plane, and I used to smoke, I frequently was up early. My nicotine level was low due to a long non smoking flight.

Last edited:
True but may abduction s have no evident.

Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard and more..

Jmo
There was clear evidence that Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard were abducted. Police followed the evidence but couldn't find them.

In Dugard's case, her step father explained that she was taken by a man in a car, and he tried to follow that car in his bike. Police stopped chasing the car lead, after newspapers and talk shows blamed the stepfather.

That is why I am waiting for some more evidence from the forest to their cabin.

There was clear evidence that Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard were abducted. Police followed the evidence but couldn't find them.

In Dugard's case, her step father explained that she was taken by a man in a car, and he tried to follow that car in his bike. Police stopped chasing the car lead, after newspapers and talk shows blamed the stepfather.

That is why I am waiting for some more evidence from the forest to their cabin.

The cabin Nora was staying in? I noticed an old cabin in one of the search and rescue photos. Would that be the one?

Jmo

No-one has mentioned wild animals. Surely they would be present in the jungle? Yet Nóra seemed to be unhurt and even after passing away her body was not touched by animals. This is a little strange.

Hi Topazstar,

Close to the resort (and there are other resorts not far away all bordering on the forest) there would be little chance of encountering any animals unless maybe curious monkeys, because of close human occupation and those resorts must regularly clear the paths of vegetation and maintain their natural areas to keep them free of snakes.

From day 1 the SAR team was operating within the forest, calling out for Nora, even before the recordings, generally generating a heavy human presence day and night. This would have scared off wildlife.

Actually, I doubt whether even under normal conditions there would be much wildlife activity because of the palm oil plantation nearby which would require trucks and machinery coming in on a daily basis.

The main problem in tropical areas are the biting insects, but then again some people get bitten more than others.

When we used to travel by plane, and I used to smoke, I frequently was up early. My nicotine level was low due to a long non smoking flight.

Actually, what surprised me was that they weren't all up at a very early time, given the raucous dawn chorus that begins long before sunrise and their excitement at being in this place.

Its a magical time of day.

She was very wrong at first though and all that speaks to is how unreliable eyewitness testimony is.
Yes, but police have to consider each witness statement carefully. A quick interview gives a better idea.

Extreme stress triggered her ulcer within first 48 hours.

Ok, we don't know that in the terms or time you describe (IMO Nora must have already had an ulcer) but the autopsy mentions the lack of food as another key factor. Obviously having an ulcer and with no food to line the stomach, the ulcer becomes exposed and more chance of it rupturing.

But if you have sipped water containing amoebas (and this we will only know when pending lab results are released) the effects take hold within 12 hours and that could turn out to be another factor leading to intestinal bleeding.

We will probably never know when and how Nóra got outside and to the place she was found unless someone else knows and is willing to say. It’s that simple and that unlikely.
JMO

Yes, but police have to consider each witness statement carefully. A quick interview gives a better idea.

What makes you think that hasn't been done?

I'm not from Malaysia so i have no idea but from an outsiders perspective, i think they've been amazing. Really genuine human response from the people on the ground. That gives me faith in their investigation.

Ok, we don't know that in the terms or time you describe (IMO Nora must have already had an ulcer) but the autopsy mentions the lack of food as another key factor. Obviously having an ulcer and with no food to line the stomach, the ulcer becomes exposed and more chance of it rupturing.

But if you have sipped water containing amoebas (and this we will only know when pending lab results are released) the effects take hold within 12 hours and that could turn out to be another factor leading to intestinal bleeding.
Yes, we hope the tests show if she already had ulcer or acid reflux. They will check gut bacteria and amoeba for sure.

I had duodenal ulcer from extreme stress, but it healed after taking Dexilant. I had acid reflux already, and thought it got worse from stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1