Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited by a moderator:
On the question of the boundary fencing towards the area where Nora was found, the witness described it as "almost flat to the ground".

"[Nora] would have still had to clamber over it. Once she would have clambered over it, it was very bushy… outside the boundary fence is quite thick undergrowth," said Mrs Todd.

Ms Azmi asked: "In the dark, without any shoes, would you agree that that would be not an easy route to navigate?"

'Not impossible' intruder could have gained access, Nora Quoirin inquest hears

"It would be difficult," Mrs Todd replied.

The lawyer then asked: "But for somebody perhaps who wanted to come in, perhaps somebody able-bodied and wearing shoes, it would not be impossible?"

Mrs Todd replied: "It would not be impossible, but it would be highly unusual."

Ms Azmi then asked: "And again at the back gate for somebody who was quite determined about getting into the resort, again that would not be impossible?"

Mrs Todd told the hearing: "No that would not be impossible."

Lawyers for the Dusun resort asked the owner to elaborate on someone breaking in being "highly unusual."

Mrs Todd explained that she and her family had lived in the property for more than 30 years.

Nóra Quoirin death: Intruding 'not impossible', resort owner says

“I live in a very open house and anybody can actually climb up the [bungalow] deck if they were fit, but nobody ever has. We have never had a burglary and never had an intruder in any of our houses either,” she said during the inquest hearing that was conducted through video-conferencing.

She further explained how the resort was located within a small valley north of Seremban, with the adjacent areas of the resort consisting of smallholdings mostly owned by people in the region who tend to know each other.

In terms of the resort security, Todd also said the main gate was always locked night and day by the staff whenever they leave after work, adding that it was a motorised auto-gate only unlockable with an electronic remote.

“I think that and the fact we have an auto-gate and the fact that we always had good relationships with the Orang Asli villages here has made us very safe,” she added.

She also affirmed her youngest daughter Haanim Ahmed Bamadhaj was the resort’s manager who was responsible for the resort’s daily operations and that she was not involved with management as she was retired.

Todd also admitted there were one or two places in the resort where the perimeter fencing had collapsed to the ground and thus was not securely in place.
Nora Anne Quoirin inquest: Resort founder says trespassers ‘highly unusual’ as neighbours know each other, insists compound was secured | Malay Mail

Separately, The Dusun resort manager Nur Asmaq Lokman testified that a total of 13 families had stayed in The Dusun’s Sora House — where Quoirin’s family stayed during their trip — between July 5 and August 2 last year.

Image of the back gate and the road within the Dusun leading to/from the gate:
2dBIFZq.jpg

Location of the back gate is at letter T, as stated during Sebastian's testimony:
5Q49ixn.jpg

Image of the back gate and the road within the Dusun leading to/from the gate:
2dBIFZq.jpg

Location of the back gate is at letter T, as stated during Sebastian's testimony:
5Q49ixn.jpg
I spotted that map as well @Chiatos, but your labels are much neater than my scribbled ones. The picture of the back gate is helpful as well. I can see how you can use the gate post to pivot round and continue on the road.
When I spotted the map I have assumed x marks where Nora was recovered from. This seems the opposite direction going downhill (which I know is what they first thought was the direction you would naturally head in) and the opposite direction from the back gate which is of so much focus.

I spotted that map as well @Chiatos, but your labels are much neater than my scribbled ones. The picture of the back gate is helpful as well. I can see how you can use the gate post to pivot round and continue on the road.
When I spotted the map I have assumed x marks where Nora was recovered from. This seems the opposite direction going downhill (which I know is what they first thought was the direction you would naturally head in) and the opposite direction from the back gate which is of so much focus.
Hi Ruthbullock, here is another image of the back gate's area. We have seen this photo many times before, but we didn't know where it had been taken. Now we know it's location:
36004996-8977937-image-a-67_1606140735818.jpg

Owner of Malaysian resort where Nora Quoirin disappeared is questioned | Daily Mail Online

Nora was recovered at a distance of +/- 2 km from the resort. As Sebastian has described how to reach the spot: by car and then 1 hour walk through dense jungle. The spot where Nora has been found would not be visible in the Dusun's map.
Which is why I strongly doubt Nora reached there by herself......

The hotel owners testimony stated that she walks to where Nora was found quite frequently and there is a road virtually all the way there and then whilst not easy, it can be walked down to. The quoirin lawyer was given opportunity to cross examine and didn’t raise the fact that it was accesible to walk there by road, but did question about whether it was “difficult, not impossible” to get out of the back gate. I am getting the impression they believe Nora left via the back gate ( which parents were seen leaving by, despite mum saying they didn’t see the back gate at all on their walk) and walked along the roads around the resort- it’s a guess based on how the quoirin a lawyer has been questioning the other parties and what about, so could be completely wrong.

Thanks Ruthbullock, I still have to listen to the owners testimony. Haven't had the time yet but will definitely do it.

Thanks Ruthbullock, I still have to listen to the owners testimony. Haven't had the time yet but will definitely do it.
Both of the testimonies are worth listening to, the news reports are only reporting the bullet points that support their side of the fence- there is a lot of quite key information ( from our POV, not your average reader) not appearing in the papers.

Both of the testimonies are worth listening to, the news reports are only reporting the bullet points that support their side of the fence- there is a lot of quite key information ( from our POV, not your average reader) not appearing in the papers.
I have listened to the statement/testimony by the owner.
What stood out was the location where Nora has been found!!! Nora was found West of the Dusun! Not East!
?!*&%!?
So it seems that Nora was found in either Zone 5 or 6!

The water treatment plant is West of the Dusun and Nora was found in the area between the Dusun and the plant.
The owner described that area as having various trails and roads, frequented by locals. Here is a map of the area:
8N13GDC.jpg

Why is police(?) so focused on the back gate that takes to the East/South East, whereas Nora was found West?

While at the pool with her grandchild, the owner did not notice anything about Nora's impairment went the family walked by.

The fallen down fences are in the the storage area (Q). Just as Sebastian described in his testimony.
That area lies towards the "small holders" area in the direction of the water treatment plant. The area between P and Q is steep according to the owner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71
Back