Manorville Bodies: A Second Killer? Latest Remains found 02/17/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have seen them training their dogs several times in that area. I pass them sometimes when I goto the rifle range in the area. Very intimidating sight. All those dogs, and cops.

this just in, the body was a girl who overdosed on heroin.
it was all just a "smurf alert".......
(when you wake up and there is a blue person on the couch)

"Document: Man claims he dumped girlfriend's body in Manorville

(03/23/12) MANORVILLE – Court documents obtained by News 12 Long Island state that a 34-year-old man admitted to dumping his girlfriend’s body in Manorville after she became unconscious after using heroin and Xanax. "

Attachments

• smurf alert.jpg
    smurf alert.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 10
Confession from court documents:

I live in an apartment with my friend Brian Pacifico above Arthur Avenue Bar on Main Street.

I have known Pura Simancas for three years (and love her very much). She is a 45-year-old Dominican woman and girlfriend.

I was with Pura in Smithtown. Pura and I took the 5:45 bus from Smithtown to Central Islip. Got off at Hawthorne and Suffolk avenues. We walked to CVS nearby and I filled my prescription from Dr. Agho for 120 1mg Xanax pills. Afterwards we met my friend John Leonord, Shane McAdams and Shane's girlfriend Michelle Viteritti.

John drove in his pick up truck and picked us up at the Central Islip train station. The five of us drove to John's house in Cold Spring Harbor. After we got there, we all started using heroin that Shane had and the Xanax I had.

Pura shot heroin into her left arm two to three times. Pura also took two to three of my Xanax pills on two or three occasions in a two to three hour time period.

As Pura sat on the living room coach, Pura faded out and looked unconscious. I shook her arm and realized she was dead.

We all panicked and decided not to call 911.

John got a blanket or sheet from his house and John, Shane and myself wrapped Pura in the blanket and put her in the back of john's pickup truck.

John, Shane, Michelle and I got into his pickup truck and drove to Manorville, with Pura in the pickup bed. John drove to a wooded area. John, Shane and I carried Pura's wrapped body deep into the woods. The three of us laid her on the forest ground and covered her with leaves and branches. John carried his blanket to the truck. The three of us got into the truck and drove out of the wooded area.

John drove me to Smithtown Village and dropped me off alone.

Source

Might not be our serial killer but it sure does go a long way to support the fact that Manorville is known in the underworld as a prime place to dispose of a body without anyone watching.

Source

Might not be our serial killer but it sure does go a long way to support the fact that Manorville is known in the underworld as a prime place to dispose of a body without anyone watching.

Especially if there are three extra people...one to be a lookout and two others to help you carry the body to a dump site. This is incredible but not uncommon with ODs.

Note: that is four people in a pickup truck...and a dead body in the bed of the truck.

I'd like to know what made them choose Manorville as a dumping site. It doesn't sound like they were all that close to Manorville to begin with. I hope investigators ask them about their location choice; of course, they were all high and not too smart.

I have seen them training their dogs several times in that area. I pass them sometimes when I goto the rifle range in the area. Very intimidating sight. All those dogs, and cops.

Are you a member of the Peconic River Sportsman's Club (www.peconicriver.com) located exactly where Jane Doe #6 and Jane Doe 2000 were found?

Are you aware that this shooting range is the same shooting range that the SSWA (www.sswa.org) uses every year?

Are you also aware that the SSWA holds their annual Duckboat Show at Cedar Beach, where Jane Doe #6 and Jane Doe 2000 were also found?

Are you aware that they use burlap to build duck blinds? There are pictures of them using burlap tablecloths and they recommend Advantage Max 4-HD camo, which is like a huge burlap blanket.

Coincidental, huh?

I'd like to know what made them choose Manorville as a dumping site. It doesn't sound like they were all that close to Manorville to begin with. I hope investigators ask them about their location choice; of course, they were all high and not too smart.

Maybe they knew about the bodies found before and figured this one would blend in, but then either realized they left evidence or got caught and had to fess up in order to make sure they were only suspected of dumping a body and not killing a zillion people. Or maybe Manorville is just known as a good place to take a body. I know whenever I see a very remote, wooded area I kind of get creeped out because I read way too much about crime. Some places are just better than others to hide things or buy yourself some time....

Firstly, I have seen in this thread that someone stated a journalist said the latest body found in Manorville (by the jogger on March 21, 2012) was said to have been there a week. I am not sure where this reference is supposed to have originated from but I have seen no such date mentioned and there was not a date of a week given in the video link. The closest thing to a solid date that I have found was that the body had been estimated to have been there months instead of years. When the reporter said the body was not decomposed, he meant not ENTIRELY decomposed as in the case of the skeletal remains found elsewhere. It is impossible to give any sort of a solid date at any rate before a formal study by an ME, and without a skilled professional weigh in even attempts at guessing are shaky.

Secondly, concerning the STALK profile, I really do not agree with the major conclusions of those who have drawn up this profile on several major points.
1. As there has been no evidence of an established connection, I am still not convinced that Shannan Gilbert's death has anything to do with the death of the others.
2. The stress of the profile on the so-called social skills and finesse of the unknown offender(s), I believe to be a misnomer. As in the Pickton case in Canada, I think that this is probably a case of addiction overcoming common sense, not that the offender(s) is so socially skilled and adept. Also, the very seeking out of sex trade workers in itself implies non-social adaptation. He can't have normal relationships, thats why he seeks out sex trade workers. These ARE his relationships.
3. In number 2 above I am referring to the offender(s) who are responsible for the death of the four sex trade workers found on Gilgo Beach. I do not believe that the dismembered bodies and these four bodies are related. I do believe that both sets of bodies were put there by disorganized killers, not organized ones. The killer of the older dismembered victims I believe to be fueled by rage, whereas the killer of the four Gilgo victims I believe to be fueled by a methodical mission. As I believe both to be suffering from sort of psychotic disorder and delusional, I consider them both disorganized. In the off chance that this is one offender, I would suggest that the dismemberment/rage killings were completed while the offender was not medicated and the other killings while he was medicated. Again, however, I seriously doubt this to be true for one glaring reason: The offender(s) who killed the four women found at Gilgo Beach is obviously mission oriented, highly delusional, and a religious or pseudo-religious fanatic with grandiose notions of himself as an pious exterminator of sorts. This type of delusion would not likely remain intact with medication given for a psychotic condition. Without medication, the picquerism and other pathologies present that initiate dismemberment do not just fade away. Hence, at least two offenders.
3. I also think that the age range is wrong and both of the offenders at work here (or one if there is only one) are older, in the 40-60 year range.
4. I think that both these offenders (or again, one if there is only one) are drug users, probably of stimulant drugs, and law enforcement should focus on this aspect. It is my belief that the lure of drugs is how he is getting these women to overcome their own safety alarms and his crimes are probably committed during binges of his own and he probably has a local person that he buys from. I would think that it would be fruitful to attempt to find and question local drug suppliers of stimulant drugs to try to establish regular buyers against the time frames of the disappearances.
5. There are aspects of these killings that lead me to believe that this offender(s) has a full blown psychotic disorder, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, and probably also has a comorbid personality disorder--mainly Antisocial Personality Disorder as well as sadomasochistic tendencies and one or more fetishes. These are not disorders that can be hidden. Somebody knows something. I think that law enforcement needs to stress to the public the characteristics of this offender, just how dangerous he really is to everyone (including those who think they are safe from him), and somehow find the funding to raise the reward amount. I do not think that taunting this offender(s) is going to do anything to help this case. He is way too delusional to be concerned with law enforcement. I believe that the way to solve these crimes is to appeal to the public and those who have information to come forward before it is too late for them too.
6. On the subject of the amount of offenders: This is a difficult estimation. As I mentioned before, there are definite reasons to consider the possibility of two offenders working separately. However, there are also other possibilities. It cannot be ruled out that this is one offender purposefully altering signatures. It cannot be ruled out that there is one offender with either episodes of psychotic cycling or true multiple personality disorder. It cannot be ruled out that there may be two offenders but that these two are working together. There are perhaps things known only to law enforcement that I am not privy to which would weigh the scales decidedly in either direction, but with the information given there is just no way to say decidedly if there is one, two, or even more than two offenders at work here.

What is evident in this case, however, is that he is not going to stop and that the characteristics shown in these crimes reflects the fact that there is so much pathology at work here, so much delusion and narcissism and sadistic tendencies, that no one is safe. And for those who may have information about this case, that includes you. Get some help, tell what you know, before its too late for you too.

“1. As there has been no evidence of an established connection, I am still not convinced that Shannan Gilbert's death has anything to do with the death of the others.”

The STALK profile does not reference Shannan Gilbert.

“1. As there has been no evidence of an established connection, I am still not convinced that Shannan Gilbert's death has anything to do with the death of the others.”

The STALK profile does not reference Shannan Gilbert.

This is taken directly from the S.T.A.L.K. profile, "The five victims were all from out of town, and none were New York City metropolitan area natives"

I was assuming that the unmentioned name of the fifth victim was insinuated to be Shannan Gilbert due to the fact that it was only one additional and not the entirety of the body count. If you know who this fifth person is that they are referring to and are saying that it is not Ms. Gilbert, who then are they referring to? Are they referring to Jessica Taylor and grouping her with the four bodies found at Gilgo?

This is taken directly from the S.T.A.L.K. profile, "The five victims were all from out of town, and none were New York City metropolitan area natives"

I was assuming that the unmentioned name of the fifth victim was insinuated to be Shannan Gilbert due to the fact that it was only one additional and not the entirety of the body count. If you know who this fifth person is that they are referring to and are saying that it is not Ms. Gilbert, who then are they referring to? Are they referring to Jessica Taylor and grouping her with the four bodies found at Gilgo?

I could be mistaken, but I think they are referring to Jessica Taylor. According to their homepage, the team works with LE on their profiles:

“S.T.A.L.K., INC. is a profiling team of professionals whose mission is to aid law enforcement in the apprehension of serial killers through a comprehensive profiling process.”

STALK, INC. homepage link:
http://stalkinc.com/

The ME has not submitted an offial report on Shannan Gilbert's death. LE has been referring to Ms. Gilbert's death as an accident.

Gawker
Cops Finally Find Body of
Sex Worker, Decide She
Wasn't Victim of Serial
Killer
BY MAX READ
DEC 13, 2011 2:48 PM
http://gawker.com/shannan-gilbert/

“At a news conference today, Dormer said he believes Gilbert's death was an accident after drowning in the marshland.”

[...]

“Police said they suspect she may have fallen into a hidden drainage ditch and drowned.”

“Cops said the deaths of the 10 people and Gilbert's disappearance appear to be a coincidence.”

I could be mistaken, but I think they are referring to Jessica Taylor. According to their homepage, the team works with LE on their profiles:

“S.T.A.L.K., INC. is a profiling team of professionals whose mission is to aid law enforcement in the apprehension of serial killers through a comprehensive profiling process.”

STALK, INC. homepage link:
http://stalkinc.com/

The ME has not submitted an offial report on Shannan Gilbert's death. LE has been referring to Ms. Gilbert's death as an accident.

Gawker
Cops Finally Find Body of
Sex Worker, Decide She
Wasn't Victim of Serial
Killer
BY MAX READ
DEC 13, 2011 2:48 PM
http://gawker.com/shannan-gilbert/

“At a news conference today, Dormer said he believes Gilbert's death was an accident after drowning in the marshland.”

[...]

“Police said they suspect she may have fallen into a hidden drainage ditch and drowned.”

“Cops said the deaths of the 10 people and Gilbert's disappearance appear to be a coincidence.”

Okay, thank you for that information. I guess if they are referring to Jessica Taylor it would be because she is identified as being a sex trade worker. I just think it is odd that they would automatically group her in with the four girls found at Gilgo but ignore the other bodies because there is no solid association with them and the sex trade. I mean if they think that this is one offender (I dont) why would they only isolate one victim? I suppose to many people it would seem odd to have more than one serial killer at work in a given area, but its actually not that uncommon. And there have been quite a few at work in the LI area over the years.

I rarely post on here, I've followed a lot of other cases on WS but as a long islander, I'm obviously more interested in what's going on here.. Saw this as soon asbi got up on ABC mobile. Hope it works!

Story posted 2012.03.23 at 05:07 PM EDT

Police on Long Island identified the body of a woman found in Manorville Park.

A man was also arrested for illegal dumping of human remains.

34-year-old Matthew Kraus had apparently injected heroin and taken Xanax along with 45-year-old Pura Simancas.

Simancas apparently died, and police say Kraus dumped her body in the woods sometime between February 27th and 28th.

The area has become somewhat of a dumping ground. Homicide investigators joined by members of the Suffolk County crime lab poured over The Manorville Hills County Park, which according to its website features the largest expanse of open land on Long Island. It features a network of hiking trails, with no roads.

A jogger discovered the body, facedown, on Wednesday afternoon.

Simancas' body was found just a few miles from where another body turned up in February. That body was discovered fully decomposed by a man walking his dog, and investigators believe it had been dumped more than five years ago. Investigators have not released much information about that body, including gender or cause of death.

The site is less than a mile away from where two torsos were found 10 years ago. Both of those sets of remains were later linked to two of the 10 victims of the Gilgo Beach serial killer. That investigation is going on about 50 miles away along Ocean Parkway.

Suffolk County Police do not believe any of these cases are related.

---

Get Eyewitness News Delivered
Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters | Text

Are you a member of the Peconic River Sportsman's Club (www.peconicriver.com) located exactly where Jane Doe #6 and Jane Doe 2000 were found?

Are you aware that this shooting range is the same shooting range that the SSWA (www.sswa.org) uses every year?

Are you also aware that the SSWA holds their annual Duckboat Show at Cedar Beach, where Jane Doe #6 and Jane Doe 2000 were also found?

Are you aware that they use burlap to build duck blinds? There are pictures of them using burlap tablecloths and they recommend Advantage Max 4-HD camo, which is like a huge burlap blanket.

Coincidental, huh?

I am aware of all of the above. Pretty weird right?

All these Manorville bodies are starting to confuse the hell out of me. I don't believe Manorville is connected to the GB4, but once you know certain details, it's hard not to connect them in your mind, regardless of whether or not they really ARE connected.

I need to stop reading anything concerning Manorville. It's just clouding my vision at this point.

The body found in Manorville on February 17, 2012 off North Street is a male. That would be the body which was apparently wrapped in a blanket and found by the man walking his dog.

"At a press conference from Police Headquarters in Yaphank, Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick confirmed that the body found on February 17 off North Street in Manorville is that of a male and has been there for at least five years, at the very minimum, calling it a “conservative guess.”"

http://www.longislandpress.com/2012...-details-on-two-bodies-found-in-pine-barrens/

I wish they would give more details about the male body found in February. I think it will be really interesting if it is an Asian male... The Asian male found in women's clothing on Long Island has never been identified either, and I think if he or the child victim from Long Island are identified, it will provide great information about the serial killer, or serial killers. The body of the woman who was the Mother of the child victim was found in both Long Island AND Manorville - 4/4/2011 = Head, hands and right foot found in Long Island 7 miles from the child victim; 2000 = torso and left foot found in Manorville.

Weren't some of Jessica Taylor's remains found in Manorville, while some other parts of her remains found on Gilgo Beach near to where the GB4 were found? If so, I can understand why LE would think there is enough to connect the dots and believe they are related. The GB4 and Jessica Taylor were all sex trade workers, and all or some remains of all five were found near to each other(In the Gilgo Beach area). Or am I totally, totally off base and have no idea what I'm talking about? Please feel free to correct my if I'm mistaken:).

Weren't some of Jessica Taylor's remains found in Manorville, while some other parts of her remains found on Gilgo Beach near to where the GB4 were found? If so, I can understand why LE would think there is enough to connect the dots and believe they are related. The GB4 and Jessica Taylor were all sex trade workers, and all or some remains of all five were found near to each other(In the Gilgo Beach area). Or am I totally, totally off base and have no idea what I'm talking about? Please feel free to correct my if I'm mistaken:).

You are correct about Jessica Taylor. 7/26/2003, her nude torso was found on top of a sheet of plastic in the Manorville Pine Barrens off Halsey manor Road by a woman walking her dog. Her torso was identified in February, 2004 by a Detective Thomas Hughes who was invesigating 'bodies dumped on highways'. He did this because of the tattoo Jessica had on the right side of her back which said "Remy's Angels". The tattoo had been slashed. 3/29/2011; Jessica's head, hands and forearm were found in Oak Beach.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/man-admits-dumping-girlfriend-s-body-1.3619993

On June 24, 2011, Kraus was charged with misdemeanor arson and reckless endangerment after, police say, he set a laminated sign on fire in a doctor's waiting room in Holbrook.

Four days later, he was pulled over on a Long Island Expressway service road in Hauppauge and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of hypodermic needles.

BBM

Snipped from a Newsday article about the guy who disposed of his girlfriend in Manorville after she allegedly overdosed... I found the bolded section particularly interesting... isn't that right where the Holiday Inn Express is? I'm not saying this guy is the SK, I'm just saying I hope they are taking a very close look at him and his buddies.

Source

Especially if there are three extra people...one to be a lookout and two others to help you carry the body to a dump site. This is incredible but not uncommon with ODs.
Note: that is four people in a pickup truck...and a dead body in the bed of the truck.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/man-admits-dumping-girlfriend-s-body-1.3619993

BBM

Snipped from a Newsday article about the guy who disposed of his girlfriend in Manorville after she allegedly overdosed... I found the bolded section particularly interesting... isn't that right where the Holiday Inn Express is? I'm not saying this guy is the SK, I'm just saying I hope they are taking a very close look at him and his buddies.

Anybody that lives here has heard a joke or comment about dumping a body in the pine barrens. As the Det Lt said the oter day it is the largest piece of property on long island and all proteceted environmentally. Perfect place, hate to say it. Has to be many more back there....sadly. The sad part to is that you don't even need night cover if you have a 4x4 over in that area I don't think.

There was nothing to location here but location IMO. They may even have just picked a bad one not knowing about location. IS that possible you ask? Isn't it news? I run into people around here that have no cluse this is goig on.

Now my opinion on the story and the dump. That's all it is. Don't waste time here. When the body was found one of them was smart enough to realize the police were coming. Got a lawyer and went for the misdemeanor. It's sad and wrong and the last thing I mean to be is cold hearted. I have lived here all my life first twenty years I wasn't a great citizen. I have seen the darkside of the drugs on LI anda bit further. I know of a story just like this. It's sad. I pray for those involved. But, I see people with a disease that need help here, not serial killers. Glad they came forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back