Maricopa Jane Doe Thread #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be possible since it looks like there was lots of blood that some of the discolorations in her hair could be from dried blood, antiseptic soap etc. The poor thing It makes me sick to think that she died at the hospital all alone. I hope that when we do ID her that somebody has been looking for her and that she wasn't a child somebody just neglected and gave up on. If she was a prostitute she had to have had a terrible life. I was going to say a terrible life growing up but she hadn't even got the chance to grow up.

Awww. This makes me so sad.

Ditto-Let me be a tad fresh for a moment..."would you mind checking the safe for a white purse that may be filled with condoms?"

I would think that LE would have confiscated it and dusted for prints to see if our friends AF or LDJ might have had their hands on or in it...like did they throw it out the window afterwards??

Maybe this was a straight robbery? They were struggling over the money in her purse for the tricks she had turned that day???

Actually, one would THINK that it would've been confiscated by LE, however, I can tell you for a fact that the process of patient belongings being turned in to security in the emergency room isn't usually something that is even noted in the medical chart. I don't know why....but it's true. Sure, security normally has to get a signature from whoever is turning the item in, but that could've been anyone from an RN, an ER tech, an admitting clerk, or EMS personnel.

If there isn't any record of LE having the purse and it's contents, then it's safe to assume that they didn't confiscate it.....right?

Actually, one would THINK that it would've been confiscated by LE, however, I can tell you for a fact that the process of patient belongings being turned in to security in the emergency room isn't usually something that is even noted in the medical chart. I don't know why....but it's true. Sure, security normally has to get a signature from whoever is turning the item in, but that could've been anyone from an RN, an ER tech, an admitting clerk, or EMS personnel.

If there isn't any record of LE having the purse and it's contents, then it's safe to assume that they didn't confiscate it.....right?

I know that purse is not listed as evidence on the police report. Condoms on the side of the road are listed. I also know that the car - while it was impounded - was compromised. That Pi**es me off! I do not believe LE went all out in their original investigation. They probably figured she was just another hooker. She was - maybe! - 15 or 16 years old. WTH? She was a baby and Alonzo - whatever happened in that car - is directly or indirectly - responsible for her death!

Hi, I'm new to the board, but I've been reading for a really long time; especially this particular case. I hope you don't mind me coming in so late.

The poor thing It makes me sick to think that she died at the hospital all alone.

I'm a nursing student with only 4 classes to go before I graduate. I know what you mean when you say she was all alone. She wasn't surrounded by family and friends. But the ICU nurses who took care of her and watched over her for the last hours of her life should count for something. If the nurses that cared for her are anything like the ICU nurses that I've met and learned from, then she wasn't alone.

Also, I'm amazed at the progress that has been going on recently. I remember reading about Lindsey's Myspace somewhere along the way. I think it wasn't sure if it was the same girl. Has anyone tried to contact that person to see? If so, was there a response? I'm sure I read it, but I can't remember how it turned out.

I would also like to see the hospital pictures. Is there any way that someone could upload it to photobucket separate from the other album and post a link? That way, those who don't want to see it can pass it by, and those who do don't have to bother anyone for an email or PM? My email address is sodapop1008@hotmail.com if someone would like to email it to me.

So we know what she was wearing. We've seen the jewelry. I think the only way we'll find out her identity is if we can get Alonzo or Lindsey to talk. Or, of course, if someone recognizes her. Is there anyway that maybe someone who lives locally could print up the composites and maybe start at the location she was picked up at? I know they said a lot of prostitutes came through there and that was why no one really remembered her.

Have LE tried asking known prostitutes in the area if they knew her or who she worked for?

Sorry for all of the questions. I'm just really interested in this case.

I know that purse is not listed as evidence on the police report. Condoms on the side of the road are listed. I also know that the car - while it was impounded - was compromised. That Pi**es me off! I do not believe LE went all out in their original investigation.

I agree with you. I want to know why her shoes were in the back seat if she was sitting in the middle, also. Maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong.

:confused:

I don't notice any gray. But honestly, we don't know if she went from brown to blonde or blonde to brown - originally. Who knows? Brown hair with blue eyes is relatively rare. Seems odd to me that so much of her was well cared for - except her hair.

I have 3 older children with brown hair and blue eyes so it's not that rare My husband also had dark hair and blue eyes He was 100% Irish :)

Maybe they weren't her shoes?? What I noticed is that they seemed big for a small girl like MJD Could they have been Lindsey's :waitasec: MJD might have been in the back seat. The only thing we know for sure is she was in the car. We have two different versions from the truck driver. In the police report they stated that the passenger in the truck saw them all in the front seat I just read that now he said one was in the back seat :confused:

I agree with you. I want to know why her shoes were in the back seat if she was sitting in the middle, also. Maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong.

Welcome, youshouldhaveknown!!! I am so glad you are with us lending your perspective-it comforts me to think she was surrounded by loving care when she died.

The witness that dee has been communicating with indicated that she was not in the middle, I believe...and that there was a clear struggle going on in the front seat of the vehicle. If the shoes are hers, I can imagine her carrying them to the vehicle in her hand after her last encounter, which I assume was at the home they all stopped at for a while before they hit the highway. That doesn't mean that is what happened; I can just see it.

My dad was "black irish" as well, and I have ash-brown hair and light blue eyes...unfortunately or fortunately I have a lot of gray as well, lol! I like it but that is o/t.

As far as the hospital picture, her hair is saturated with blood and iodine/mecurachrome...but as Vashley and I discussed via email earlier, she looks to be much thinner than her post-mortem weight. We think she swelled a whole lot...and clearly her face did.

has been moved to its own folder.

MJD_ID_TawniLee.jpg

Just heard a message about needed pic of Lipsey.

My ideas on how to get....contact LE we have been working w/in other cases believe? Jackman (GA).and his very NICE partna, Stangrecki (PA), Emily, (GBI), who else might pull us a favor?

Another thought...what's the guys name, Sherriff Bob, Joe, something. He is the sherriff in this county, ask him to help us out. He could get us pic, maybe talk to him, maybe get someone in the jail to work him over.

Have I brought this up before?:crazy:

:confused:

I don't notice any gray. But honestly, we don't know if she went from brown to blonde or blonde to brown - originally. Who knows? Brown hair with blue eyes is relatively rare. Seems odd to me that so much of her was well cared for - except her hair.

My mother has dark brown hair with blue eyes, as do all of her siblings, except for an uncle that got brown eyes along with the brown hair.

My father was blonde with blue eyes, even though his father had black hair and blue eyes (grandma was blonde/blue).

I ended up with light brown hair and blue eyes. My brother got dark brown hair with blue eyes.

I never really thought it was rare, probably because of how common it is in my family... LOL

The bruise on her breast looks to me, imo, like it could heve come from something she had around her neck or inside her bra when she hit the road. Almost like something was pushed against the skin in that spot. Another possibility from looking at it is that it's from the buckle on a seat belt.
I don't think that has anything to do with the tattoo, my fiancee is a tattoo artist and if it were still new enough to cause bruising, it also would have caused redness around the outside and there would have still been a scab over the top. A light scab but it would have been visible.

Maybe they weren't her shoes?? What I noticed is that they seemed big for a small girl like MJD Could they have been Lindsey's :waitasec: MJD might have been in the back seat.

The detective told me he confirmed with Lindsey that the shoes weren't hers (Lindsey's).

I'm probably still a week away from getting the photo cd, but I plan on printing out the ones with the jewelry and taking them to a shop or two to see if there's anything about the style of it that may identify a brand or origin.

I am a long-time lurker on this thread....don't remember if I ever posted.

~Snip
O/T Strange for a "sleuther" to NOT KNOW if they have EVER posted here.
In the upper right of your post will show you how many post you've made total & you can also go to your profile and find where and what you have posted.

Hope this helps.

Sly

I never really thought it was rare, probably because of how common it is in my family... LOL
~Snip
You are correct, it is NOT rare at all. My bio mom and all her many Brothers & Sister, & her mom have/had (my Auntie recently died) JET BLACK hair with the most intense BLUE EYES. My 2 blood sisters have dark brown hair with blue eyes. I have (natural) dark auburn hair with pale blue eyes.

Sly

I'm probably still a week away from getting the photo cd, but I plan on printing out the ones with the jewelry and taking them to a shop or two to see if there's anything about the style of it that may identify a brand or origin.

Didn't the detectives take the jewelry to a jeweler to confirm that it is real?

Shaine is willing to check out the pictures of our possible matches and see which, if any, most resemble MJD. Someone was going to email me the pics or a compilation of pics.

Whomever was going to do this (sorry, I forgot) can you please email them to my yahoo email? If you don't have it, PM me and I'll send it to you. Thanks again!

Wow Dee, it's sure be sad if LE didn't try to get info on the jewelery!

Gosh, I know some LE thinks prostitutes as just throw aways but how could they feel that way about one so very young, if in fact that was the way this case was handled?

Sly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member