Marie G.: Mother of Crystal S.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's been dissolved but I doubt there is much money coming in or out; even the website doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I don't know if it's been dissolved but I doubt there is much money coming in or out; even the website doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Hard to say I guess, we don't know. Does someone have a link to the business information? Would it reflect if it was dissolved?

Has anyone else heard that RC and Misty's attorneys are pro bono...?

Yes that is correct..I am inquiring about Cajun's post that RC and Misty have pro bono attorneys. It was stated in this thread and it would be classified as important to know. Many times people go off topic but it usually is only brought to attention when some don't like the subject or do not want to respond.

Crystal and Marie are doing a very good job in representing Haleigh's plight. In reading about how they are handling the horrific situation and how they are out there talking, writing and taking action speaks a lot for strength. I see Crystal gathering a little assertiveness in this fiasco. The way Marie and her were treated and are treated by NG is a disgrace, yet they have remained composed.

Hard to say I guess, we don't know. Does someone have a link to the business information? Would it reflect if it was dissolved?

I don't but I'm certain you could find a link since you seem to be so interested in obtaining the information.. Perhaps BL has a link..JMO

OMG go back and delete your posts that are off topic everyone. I am so tired of having to babysit on this case it is crazy. In future if someone posts off topic dont tell them just alert so I only have one post to deal with......

I also noticed the website has been pulled down/parked. I find that odd, as when you buy a domain, you have it for at least a year. I don't know why they wouldn't keep it up to post pics of Haleigh etc, even if they were no longer using it for donations?? As it is only "parked" perhaps it is being updated and will be used again? Perhaps the person who was maintaining it is no longer involved and Crystal and her friends/family don't know how to update it themselves and can't get anyone to help?

I also noticed the website has been pulled down/parked. I find that odd, as when you buy a domain, you have it for at least a year. I don't know why they wouldn't keep it up to post pics of Haleigh etc, even if they were no longer using it for donations?? As it is only "parked" perhaps it is being updated and will be used again? Perhaps the person who was maintaining it is no longer involved and Crystal and her friends/family don't know how to update it themselves and can't get anyone to help?

Perhaps you can send them a kind email stating you will maintain the site for them. Give them pointers on how to manage it.

You buy a domain for at least a year, but the most expensive part to maintain is the server, which is often paid monthly. Considering the bandwidth that site would probably require, especially for a lot of pictures, it could be quite expensive.

You might be right that they don't have anyone else to update it, either. IMO, it's better not to have an amateur do it, though.

You buy a domain for at least a year, but the most expensive part to maintain is the server, which is often paid monthly. Considering the bandwidth that site would probably require, especially for a lot of pictures, it could be quite expensive.

You might be right that they don't have anyone else to update it, either. IMO, it's better not to have an amateur do it, though.

It's pretty cheap ime, about $11 a year for the domain name and around $4.75 per month for hosting.

Regardless, we are hear to discuss Marie G. She has been wonderful through this whole event. Her writings and Crystal's writing about Haleigh have come from the heart and should touch all of us. I feel so bad for all involved with this tragedy. I wish Misty and Ron would tell what they know and stop all this craziness.
What writings? Maries twitter page?

It's pretty cheap ime, about $11 a year for the domain name and around $4.75 per month for hosting.

There is no way to tell what it would cost. The expense of a server depends on the quality of server and the required bandwidth. It could be 20-30 times that amount, easily, to host a high-traffic site on a good server .

(I would never use a $4.75 a month server for anything, either.)

There is no way to tell what it would cost. The expense of a server depends on the quality of server and the required bandwidth. It could be 20-30 times that amount, easily, to host a high-traffic site on a good server .

We can agree to disagree, for what they do on the site they would be easily served by the amounts I posted ime.

The state is supporting Jordan since Amber refused to do a DNA tests. Attorneys are pro bono and the tattoo was donated. Maybe the truck was bought with his tax refund.
The value of each gift is, in fact, considered income by the IRS.

Perhaps you can send them a kind email stating you will maintain the site for them. Give them pointers on how to manage it.

Why haven't you done that? All I did was point out explanations as to why it might not be up and running....there was nothing at all critical of Crystal or her family in what I posted. I really think you ought to leave your anger issues at the door and think before you post like that.

I have a number of sites through godaddy, one that runs live streaming video through 3 cameras 24 hours a day, and it is suprisingly cheap to run it. I would think the far bigger expense would be the website developer...they can charge a lot of money to build and maintain sites.

My "cheap" godaddy site made it into the top 10 on earthcam, so have to seriously disagree with you there. Godaddy is a very reliable hosting company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper