Marie G.: Mother of Crystal S.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My "cheap" godaddy site made it into the top 10 on earthcam, so have to seriously disagree with you there. Godaddy is a very reliable hosting company.

I think I missed something.

Are we discussing the HaLeighbug site that JR set up?

If so, that was also set up through Godaddy.

Or did you already know that? If so, disregard. :crazy:

Why haven't you done that? All I did was point out explanations as to why it might not be up and running....there was nothing at all critical of Crystal or her family in what I posted. I really think you ought to leave your anger issues at the door and think before you post like that.

Because I find no fault with their actions. That is why. It is not mine to question when it is time for someone to do something with regard to their lives as they adjust to living it without a loved one.

And I did not post in anger. I posted a truly heartfelt question, since you seemed so intent on discovering the whys and wherefores and offering suggestions. Carry on.

I think I missed something.

Are we discussing the HaLeighbug site that JR set up?

If so, that was also set up through Godaddy.

Or did you already know that? If so, disregard. :crazy:

Yes, I believe we are. It has been parked, and I speculated that perhaps the reason that that has occurred is because they don't have anyone to maintain it at the moment....others thought it was because godaddy was too expensive and they couldn't afford to keep it up.

Because I find no fault with their actions. That is why. It is not mine to question when it is time for someone to do something with regard to their lives as they adjust to living it without a loved one.

And I did not post in anger. I posted a truly heartfelt question, since you seemed so intent on discovering the whys and wherefores and offering suggestions. Carry on.

I didn't fault their actions either. You seem to be reading things into posts that simply aren't there and I'm not sure why.

Another reason might be losing hope that Haleigh is alive.

Hi debs! :blowkiss: How ya doin'? What are your thoughts about Marie? Just wondering.....as this is her thread and all.......

Well, shoes, since you asked and blew kisses and all.........

I think Marie has shown a grace under fire that I am not sure I would have been able to sustain after this long. Her efforts to reach out and help children in need this school year was a very nice gesture. Her support of her child while her entire world falls apart, having to help be the glue that keeps her together, all the while wanting to fall apart herself, demonstrates a courage I admire greatly. That her family has remained solid, continues to exude gratefulness for the efforts others do for them, great or small, is just so wonderful to see.

I think Marie has shown a grace under fire that I am not sure I would have been able to sustain after this long. Her efforts to reach out and help children in need this school year was a very nice gesture. Her support of her child while her entire world falls apart, having to help be the glue that keeps her together, all the while wanting to fall apart herself, demonstrates a courage I admire greatly. That her family has remained solid, continues to exude gratefulness for the efforts others do for them, great or small, is just so wonderful to see.

I so agree. Since I am quite sure that we will have a raising of her past record soon....it is this kind of permanent change of behavior that is so heartening to see. She has overcome her past and now is standing as a solid support for her child and grandchild. My heart goes out to her and the pain she must endue while other family members prevent HaLeigh from being found.

I agree also and the best i know how would be for since Ron didn't have CONTROL of the money Jamie watts did and Also Ron had to have reciept's for everything. Hmmm but Marie and Crystal have control of the HBC center ,I wonder how that works?

I'm curious as to why you think the HBC/Crystal and Marie are raking in so much money?

Thank you for the link. It doesn't say how much was donated or whether the money came from donations or from their own monies. I'm assuming it was from other people's donations based on the fact Crystal & Chad apparently didn't have enough money (apparently) to support Haleigh before she went missing.

I find it a bit odd that they didn't support TES until the Misty stuff came out, but I guess it's a case of better late than never and I am glad they are using some of their money in the search for Haleigh.

I also don't doubt that Cindy & George miss Caylee, but imo, that doesn't justify anyone profitting from her death and I'd feel the same IF people were profitting from Haleigh going missing.

I seriously doubt Crystal and Marie get much money, but the fact that they donated what they had to TES is very telling. It would be really nice if all sides of Haleigh's family would do the same thing.

It seems some people are really grasping for straws in their quest to prove that Crystal and Marie are turning a profit from the loss of precious Haleigh. It's funny and sad all at the same time.... but that is just my humble opinion.

Amen debs! :)

I'm curious as to why you think the HBC/Crystal and Marie are raking in so much money?

I seriously doubt Crystal and Marie get much money, but the fact that they donated what they had to TES is very telling. It would be really nice if all sides of Haleigh's family would do the same thing.

It seems some people are really grasping for straws in their quest to prove that Crystal and Marie are turning a profit from the loss of precious Haleigh. It's funny and sad all at the same time.... but that is just my humble opinion.

I don't know how much money any player is getting from donations
in this case, but if ANY of them are profitting from this, I think it is wrong.

As for the statement that "they donated what they had to TES", do you have a link for that? I didn't realize we knew how much they donated, let alone all of it. For all we know they could have donated $10 and not a dime more. And I wouldn't even say there's anything wrong with that if that's all they can afford, but I think it's wrong to say they donated "what they had" when we really have no idea what they have or what amount was donated.

As for the statement that "they donated what they had to TES", do you have a link for that? I didn't realize we knew how much they donated, let alone all of it. For all we know they could have donated $10 and not a dime more. And I wouldn't even say there's anything wrong with that if that's all they can afford, but I think it's wrong to say they donated "what they had" when we really have no idea what they have or what amount was donated.

And yet it is a bone of contention for some.

I am grateful they could find anything to donate to the worthy cause Tim Miller has set forth. Every penny.....EVERY. PENNY. counts.

No, I do not have a link, but apparently however much they donated was enough for Tim Miller.

Do you have a link for that? I would like to read it. Thanks.

I'll ask Mr. Nationally-Known Tax Law Attorney and Professor to provide the tax code when he gets home. I'm holding down the fort on my own tonight, so I probably won't be able to post it until the morning.

I'll ask Mr. Nationally-Known Tax Law Attorney and Professor to provide the tax code when he gets home. I'm holding down the fort on my own tonight, so I probably won't be able to post it until the morning.

Thanks

Any luck with finding a link?
Sorry Flossie! I mixed up threads and posted early this morning in the PL :)

I'll recap here: From section 61 of the U.S. Tax Code (and it's a good thing he's the tax attorney and I'm not because I garbled stuff!) If a person requests donations/gifts, then they are taxable income. Gifts over $10k are taxable--but the giver, not the recipient, is taxed. Since Ron didn't solicit donations, any gifts--even if paying his rent, for cars, and so on---would not be taxable, at least not to him.

Sorry for being a bonehead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member