Mark Hawkins *Updated*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why are we just hearing about this now? (that Mark H wore a wire) OSCO and the SA's office has been sitting on this for 2 1/2 years. I thought they had to turn over info right away unless there was still an active investigation going on about it. Could this be the smoking gun that we've all been dreaming about. Obviously if JB knows about the wire there has to have been some kind of discovery released that we haven't seen yet. Anybody care to "speculate" as to why this info wasn't released a long time ago?

Why are we just hearing about this now? (that Mark H wore a wire) OSCO and the SA's office has been sitting on this for 2 1/2 years. I thought they had to turn over info right away unless there was still an active investigation going on about it. Could this be the smoking gun that we've all been dreaming about. Obviously if JB knows about the wire there has to have been some kind of discovery released that we haven't seen yet. Anybody care to "speculate" as to why this info wasn't released a long time ago?

bbm
Highly Inflammatory?

Mark H's interview (Oct. 10 2008) was included in a discovery release on Feb 15, 2011..but it has not been released to the public.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6129420&postcount=208"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - List of Motions **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

More likely because it was an unproductive area of investigation that they don't plan on using at trial. Also it may be the results of an investigation separate from OSCO as the Military is involved. LE and the SA may have just gotten the final reports from the Navy.

Also note this was an NCIS recording. Unless I am mistaken the state is under no obligation to release materials held or investigated by another jurisdiction, such as Federal or Military, until or unless they themselves take formal possession of the materials. So the state or LE may have spoken with NCIS concerning what was on the recordings, they may have even listened to the tapes. But they don't become subject to Florida Sunshine laws until the state receives a report, transcripts or a copy of the recording from the federal agency. They may have only just requested or received formal reports and transcripts.

More likely because it was an unproductive area of investigation that they don't plan on using at trial. Also it may be the results of an investigation separate from OSCO as the Military is involved. LE and the SA may have just gotten the final reports from the Navy.

Also note this was an NCIS recording. Unless I am mistaken the state is under no obligation to release materials held or investigated by another jurisdiction, such as Federal or Military, until or unless they themselves take formal possession of the materials. So the state or LE may have spoken with NCIS concerning what was on the recordings, they may have even listened to the tapes. But they don't become subject to Florida Sunshine laws until the state receives a report, transcripts or a copy of the recording from the federal agency. They may have only just requested or received formal reports and transcripts.

I can't help it, every time I see the word NCIS, I think of the TV show, and my favorite character, Gibbs, wiring Mark H and sending him in to get evidence on Casey. LOL.

Wasn't JB whining at a recent status hearing about FBI not cooperating. He said today that the FBI wired people. Is this one of the things the FBI would not release without reviewing/approving it first?

I think the only reason MH wored a wire was for his own protection. He said she said, and since he is Military he probably went to the JAG and asked permission to record but I think he would not have been given that permission! If he recorded it for his own protection, and it was leaked out that he did it by himself, it could have gotten back to the SA or Defense, and His commander where upon they seized that tape. Maybe he went to a Military 32 hearing for doing that when he wasn't suppose to and it was an on going Military matter. This is why the evidence would not come out because neither parties have that transcript.

Just thinking as I go

What if JB is under investigation by the FBI for some other matters, and the FBI seized this opportunity. I don't know but if the FBI got a warrant to record this meeting how did JB find out? Oh I know, LA probably found out from some LE leaking it to him, he turns around and tells CA or GA, they tell JB.

Or is JB making it up? Or is it part of another BAR investigation on JB we don't know about?

For the record and to refresh my memory, KC was officially charged with Caylee's murder on October 14, 2008, even though she was arrested on July 16, 2008, as a result of everyone finding out Caylee was missing, had been missing for 31 days, and no one knew where Caylee was. KC was arrested on July 16, 2008, under different charges.

Link to October arrest information ~
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2965551&highlight=October+2008#post2965551

Is the defense trying to say that any evidence between July and October should not be admissible as evidence in KC's trial? So, if MH's interview was hypothetically conducted on October 8, it should not be admissible? That's insanity.

Wonderful, Thanks!!

So Casey was out on Bond when Mark H came to Orlando...
I will assume the 2 met and spoke..if he went to the A home and Baez's office since Casey spent every day there.

OooooH...I want to hear or read a transcript of those wired recordings...:giggle:

The two dates I have bolded in the above posts (thank you Woe.be.gone and cherishtoo) can either be chalked up as another one of those many coincidences in this case or they may be very telling. But if Mark H came to Orlando it seems less like a coincidence and more like he might have been cooperating (like Tony) to get more evidence. And if she was formally arrested only four days later it makes me think Mark H may have contributed something very significant to the investigation. moo.

I'm really curious as to why we've haven't seen this MH wire stuff yet. I suppose the reason we haven't seen it is because it is part of the parallel investigation. What I really find interesting is that JB knew about MH being wired. So how does JB know about it, if it was never released in discovery. I mean if it was released as part of discovery we would have it right?:waitasec:

I'm probably way off base but could this have anything to do with what was sealed? I'm not sure why things are allowed to be sealed but remember that something was sealed. It may be that that info was revealed and I missed it. Some peeps speculated that the sealed info was about money that had been paid out. Could the sealed info be an interview?

So it was given to the Defense about three weeks ago. Hopefully we'll hear it in a doc dump soon!

The interview is on a CD. Does anybody know if it's available already? I remember that one time volunteers transcribed the letters that KC received in jail from a CD so we could read them here. I bet Muzikman knows the answer.

Bold mine.

So, similar to JB not giving his expert reports to the state because he hadn't had reports done yet by his experts...the state could have gotten the info on Mark H.'s testimony over the phone, and then waited 'til this close to the trial to get the actual report and turn it over in discovery.

LOL...Take that Jose-b-good! :floorlaugh:

Is it possible that MH took a DNA test that came out positive ( if YKWIM), and when he found out, he came to Orlando, got wired and went to the A's house and JB's office?

What? Why would the military be involved? :waitasec:

The interview is on a CD. Does anybody know if it's available already? I remember that one time volunteers transcribed the letters that KC received in jail from a CD so we could read them here. I bet Muzikman knows the answer.

Defense got it recently, and hopefully we will get it soon by way of the Sunshine Laws.

Is it possible that MH took a DNA test that came out positive ( if YKWIM), and when he found out, he came to Orlando, got wired and went to the A's house and JB's office?

Interesting...that was along the lines of my first thoughts as well.

Well... IF we don't get to see or hear these "wired" conversations in trial or through discovery... after the trial, is there any way that Mark Hawkins can say what happened, in say, an interview with the media??

I need to take a good look at a picture of Mark Hawkins. Have we even discussed a possibility that he could be Caylee's father? Oh my, didn't Mark's mom see Casey sometime during the "31 days?"

Mark and his mother are on the State's witness list, correct? Hmmmm....

Probably because he is an Active Duty Marine.

Yes I'm aware of that. I'm not aware of why the military would have any say in a civilian case such as this one. MH is not being charged with anything - he hasn't committed a crime. He'd have to get time off to attend the trial but beyond that, what do you or anybody think the military has to do with the case? :waitasec:

Here's a picture of MH brought forward from page 1 of this thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2688973&postcount=14"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Mark H (aka The Military Guy)[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back