MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh. I am so very, very sorry to hear this news. He was my favorite on "Friends" and he could always make me laugh. My husband and I have been watching it lately on 10:00 television. Of course, repeats, some of which we have seen many times, but they still always make me laugh. Our world suffered a great loss today. I am sure Matthew is in heaven making his old friends and others laugh today and no more struggling with his addictions. Thank you for all the laughs, of which we need more of. We will greatly miss you Matthew. RIP. MOO. Thanks, katt.

Very sad news. After reading his book a few months ago where he went into details about his health issues caused by his addiction even after getting clean, even if he had not consumed any intoxicants and was sober I sadly think it's very likely that his related health issues led to this. This isn't the first time though that I've seen a death with similar circumstances with a few hours of physical activity followed by hot tub usage. The college I went to for my bachelor's had a visitor to the campus recreational center drown in the hot tub after going into cardiac arrest in the hot tub after a few hours of working out intensely. He was a young (mid-late 20s iirc) and seemingly healthy guy, no known health issues and fit/in good shape, but it was announced he had an underlying unknown heart issue that sadly killed him out of the blue. Very possible that Matthew had underlying heart issues exacerbated by his past drug abuse imo.

Whatever the case it's sad news and I hope he is at peace.
I’m aware of heart issues from substance abuse, but had no idea a hot tub could exacerbate them. So very sad. Not blaming anyone but wouldn’t his doctors have warned him, or anyone, of such potentials as surely they were monitoring any potential heart issues?

There were quite a few of those posts on his IG in the week leading up to this.

I found it strange there was such a long time with no postings and then they picked back up just the week before with the Mattman references.

~

Same here. I looked at his Insta and wondered if the repetitive ‘Batman’ post were tied to anything. A movie, a commercial, etc but I don’t see any mention of it.

Same here. I looked at his Insta and wondered if the repetitive ‘Batman’ post were tied to anything. A movie, a commercial, etc but I don’t see any mention of it.
I saw this link on People earlier today Matthew Perry’s Batman-Inspired ‘Mattman’ Instagram Posts Explained: ‘He Was Having Fun,’ Says Source (Exclusive) According to a source, Perry’s recent posts about “Mattman” stemmed from an idea the actor had been working on for a series. “He was having fun,” says the source.

Last edited:
I’m aware of heart issues from substance abuse, but had no idea a hot tub could exacerbate them. So very sad. Not blaming anyone but wouldn’t his doctors have warned him, or anyone, of such potentials as surely they were monitoring any potential heart issues?
Maybe a bit OT, but I remember as a kid that my Uncle who had 2 heart attacks by 40 was not allowed in his hot tub without my Aunt or one of his boys watching him. Not sure if my Aunt the nurse, or his doctors gave that direction. So very sad, Matthew was wonderful on Friends, he cracked us up, and he seemed to try so hard to help people learn from his struggles, and was so very open about his experiences. May he rest in peace.

The cause of actor Matthew Perry’s death at his residence Saturday will require additional investigative steps by the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner’s Office before reaching a conclusion, according to records from the agency.

“In cases where the cause of death cannot be determined at the time of autopsy, a deferred certificate will be issued until additional studies have been completed,” according to the LA coroner’s guidelines.

I was surpised about some of the information in this article. I had no idea that Keith Morrison was Matthew Perry's stepdad. Or that he went to kindergarten with Justin Trudeau.
What a loss. God Speed Matthew. Rest peacefully and I hope you have all the angels in heaven laughing.

He was an only child until his family got bigger. More on his siblings….

“I had had a solid training at home; whenever there was tension, or I needed attention, I’d honed my skills at delivering a killer line,” Perry wrote in his memoir “Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing." “If I was performing well, everything was safe, and I was being taken care of. I might have been an unaccompanied minor, but when I got laughs, there was a whole audience — my mother, my siblings, the Murray brothers, kids in school — who would stand and applaud me.

❤️

I went to maps yesterday, streetview as well. There is a for sale sign at his home, there us no pool in yard. My assumption is he bought it then and had the yard redone and had pool put in.
The picture of him in the jacuzzi part was taken days prior but shows him being very relaxed. Antidepressants, anti anxiety medication found tells me that he found the pool/jacuzzi very relaxing.

RIP Matthew

From what I know I don't think it's very common, just something that CAN happen, so I'm not sure if the doctors would warn him since it is rare afaik. I also think it's possible that he may not have known he had heart issues from drug abuse (or maybe not even necessarily from drug abuse, maybe just genetically, though I'm sure the substance abuse wouldn't help even if that was the case), may not have felt he had anything to be concerned about? He detailed a lot of health issues in his book, but I don't recall him mentioning anything about heart problems - not that he would have been obligated to but that book went into a LOT of very specific detail about his life. Very much an "open book" kind of book. He didn't leave much to the imagination. I feel if he knew he had some sort of heart issue he would've written about it. I could be wrong though.

My dad (little over half a decade older than Matthew) has been a lifelong health nut, never touched drugs, didn't drink, worked out a ton. He had underlying heart issues he had no clue about that almost killed him last year by causing a cardiac arrest. He is fine now thank God, but it really can happen to anyone. Very very scary stuff.

I know they tell vulnerable people and people with certain medical conditions to avoid hot tubs, like pregnant women, but I'm not sure specifically as to why. At least for pregnant women I'm not sure.

I saw this link on People earlier today Matthew Perry’s Batman-Inspired ‘Mattman’ Instagram Posts Explained: ‘He Was Having Fun,’ Says Source (Exclusive) According to a source, Perry’s recent posts about “Mattman” stemmed from an idea the actor had been working on for a series. “He was having fun,” says the source.

Thanks. I was just searching for the article. People seem to be searching hard for some clue or reason this happened and hit on this but I can't find any other examples on his social media that indicated any previous odd ramblings and in one of his recent Instagram posts he does ask fans if they understand his meaning.

When I saw it after his death, it struck me as something he was working on and was marketing or preparing to make some sort of announcement.

Such sad news - grew up watching Friends, and ALWAYS return to it when days are difficult - Chandler is my absolutely fave character.
Matthew Perry in real life, seemed like an amazing person, who fought his own battles but wanted and was willing to help others who faced their own demons. That's a heck of a legacy.
Prayers and condolences to all who knew and loved him - I'm so very sorry for your loss xx

In a joint statement provided to CNN on Monday, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, David Schwimmer and Matt LeBlanc wrote: “We are all so utterly devastated by the loss of Matthew. We were more than just cast mates. We are a family.”

“There is so much to say, but right now we’re going to take a moment to grieve and process this unfathomable loss,” the statement, released by their individual representatives, continued. “In time we will say more, as and when we are able. For now, our thoughts and our love are with Matty’s family, his friends, and everyone who loved him around the world.”

This link has great photos of the house. He moved in just a few years ago to downsize. He moved from his luxury penthouse and also sold his Malibu beach house.

Pacific Palisades is a beautiful area away from the dense trendier LA spots. Its calming, I can see how he gravitated to it.

This link has great photos of the house. He moved in just a few years ago to downsize. He moved from his luxury penthouse and also sold his Malibu beach house.

Pacific Palisades is a beautiful area away from the dense trendier LA spots. Its calming, I can see how he gravitated to it.

Wow! I wouldn't know how to act in a house like that!

I have been reading about Matthew Perry, and it seems to me that he was the "man with everything", but he died alone.
I’ve started reading his book, and he talks about how supportive his family has always been. But as a child he was left alone a lot, that he grew up always feeling alone and lonely. He described it as always feeling like he was on the outside looking in.

His bio father left at a young age, and his mother was often gone. He describes himself as an “unaccompanied child” , like the child whose parents send off on an airplane all alone….. Which his parents did actually do.
His childhood actually reminds me of mine a little bit in that respect.
He was obviously a highly sensitive, and a kind hearted person. His untimely death is a real tragedy.

Attorney Vikas Bajaj outlines the procedure for testing bodily fluids and tissue samples, which is essential when a death of this kind occurs. Toxicology tests will be performed and the presence of narcotics, pharamaceutical drugs, and other toxins will be determined. This process may take months to complete. It is crucial to wait for the completion of these tests as legal conclusions should be based on the complete findings. All too often, serious decisions such as the filing of criminal charges are made before these types of tests have been completed, leading to wrongful charges and convictions.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back