MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Springrain, your post for some reason made me think about how such deaths might be relatively peaceful. I think people just don't realize that they can't exercise intensely at an older age, when they have other health problems. I find it hard to keep in mind myself.

We older people want to be able to do what we did before, and that's sometimes what keeps us from depression and other problems. Matthew wanted to be healthy. A jacuzzi after a good workout sounds just right. I hope it felt peaceful and calming to him, like going to sleep.

@Springrain, your post for some reason made me think about how such deaths might be relatively peaceful. I think people just don't realize that they can't exercise intensely at an older age, when they have other health problems. I find it hard to keep in mind myself.

We older people want to be able to do what we did before, and that's sometimes what keeps us from depression and other problems. Matthew wanted to be healthy. A jacuzzi after a good workout sounds just right. I hope it felt peaceful and calming to him, like going to sleep.
Especially since Matthew described a lot in his book how he really liked playing pickleball and found it to be a good routine for him. Iirc he wrote that he played it most days? Or at least pretty often. I wouldn't be surprised if he had spent many days before playing pickleball and then getting into the hot tub and didn't think anything of it. If that's the case with what happened, it's still sad but definitely a lot better than other scenarios. Spending his day playing pickleball like he enjoyed and passing in the hot tub, it could have been worse. I hope it was as peaceful as it could have been.

Fundamentally a man who wanted to help other people and be of service to them, and was well-loved by those who knew him through considerable struggle. May we all be so fortunate.

I am heartbroken
Friends is one of my "go-to " shows to unwind, relax and laugh at night.

Thank you for the laughs as Chandler Bing and thank you for sharing your story #MatthewPerry
Just a few of my favorites
Monica: “Okay, I’ve got a leg, three breasts, and a wing.
”Chandler: “How do you find clothes that fit?”
Ross directing Chandler and Rachel on getting a sofa up some stairs: “PIVOT. PIVOT. PIVOT”
Chandler: “SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP.”
“Why yes Ross, pressing my third nipple. It opens the delivery entrance to the magical land of Narnia.”

I am heartbroken
Friends is one of my "go-to " shows to unwind, relax and laugh at night.

Thank you for the laughs as Chandler Bing and thank you for sharing your story #MatthewPerry
Just a few of my favorites
Monica: “Okay, I’ve got a leg, three breasts, and a wing.
”Chandler: “How do you find clothes that fit?”
Ross directing Chandler and Rachel on getting a sofa up some stairs: “PIVOT. PIVOT. PIVOT”
Chandler: “SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP.”
“Why yes Ross, pressing my third nipple. It opens the delivery entrance to the magical land of Narnia.”
1698549681867.png

I was surpised about some of the information in this article. I had no idea that Keith Morrison was Matthew Perry's stepdad. Or that he went to kindergarten with Justin Trudeau.
What a loss. God Speed Matthew. Rest peacefully and I hope you have all the angels in heaven laughing.

I was surpised about some of the information in this article. I had no idea that Keith Morrison was Matthew Perry's stepdad. Or that he went to kindergarten with Justin Trudeau.
What a loss. God Speed Matthew. Rest peacefully and I hope you have all the angels in heaven laughing.
Yes, he went to school with Justin Trudeau and his mother used to be the press secretary for Pierre Elliott Trudeau when he was prime minister. Matthew's mother was Canadian and he was raised in Ottawa, Ontario for the vast majority of his upbringing.

Oh no. Could I BE any more sad? :(

'Friends' actor Matthew Perry dies aged 54 - US media​

(...)

Mr Perry had battled for years with addiction to painkillers and alcohol, and attended rehabilitation clinics on multiple occasions.

In his memoir "Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing," published last year, Mr Perry described going through detox 65 times, spending some $9 million in attempts to get sober.

Mr Perry experienced health problems including a burst colon in 2018 due to his drug usage, which required a seven-hour surgery and the use of a colostomy bag for months after.

Mr Perry dedicated the book to "all of the sufferers out there," and wrote in the prologue: "I should be dead."

(...)

:( :(

Quote from Matthew's book-
When I die, I know people will talk about Friends, Friends, Friends.
I'm glad of that, happy I've done some solid work as an actor, as well as given people multiple chances
to make fun of my struggles on the world wide web.....

but when I die, as far as my so-called
accomplishments go, it would be nice if Friends were
listed far behind the things I did to try to help other people.
I know it won't happen, but it would be nice.

Matthew Langford Perry
1698602865948.png

Our law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... authorities found anti-depressants, anti-anxiety drugs and a COPD drug in the house. COPD is short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease -- that drug is often used for people who have emphysema or chronic bronchitis. Matthew was a smoker during his life. The L.A. County Coroner will conduct a toxicology exam to determine if any drugs were in Perry's system, but that could take months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back