MD MD - Annie McCann, 16, Baltimore, 31 Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sorry - I just can't equate a sheltered teenager with a suicidal teenager showing no outward signs.

a lot of people show no outward signs. I was hospitalized at 19 for depression and my parents were shocked to learn that I had been depressed for years. Most people know so little about mental illness to begin with that they wouldn't even know what the outward signs were if it hit them on the head. that's why after a suicide people always say "but he was always smiling!" as if one can't fake a smile or is going to say to everyone, "I hate my life and I want to die".

a lot of people show no outward signs. I was hospitalized at 19 for depression and my parents were shocked to learn that I had been depressed for years. Most people know so little about mental illness to begin with that they wouldn't even know what the outward signs were if it hit them on the head. that's why after a suicide people always say "but he was always smiling!" as if one can't fake a smile or is going to say to everyone, "I hate my life and I want to die".

That is so true!

Ok - I get what you're saying. But does it strike anyone as odd that she went where she went to kill herself - if that's what she did? Where she was found is unusual for a suicide victim...IMO.

I don't think in my opinion that this young women killed herself.

I would guess, that she died from an accident, whomever she was with, panicked and put her in an area that she could be found.

I don't think in my opinion that this young women killed herself.

I would guess, that she died from an accident, whomever she was with, panicked and put her in an area that she could be found.

If the autospy yielded no results, will something show up in toxicology?

Yes, the tox screen will indicate what was in her system before she died.

Since there is no obvious external signs of trauma, I assume that whatever was in her blood killed her.

Could be anything.......

Out of respect to the family, I am not going to speculate on the death of this young women.

But I don't think she knew what she was getting into..........

Ok - I get what you're saying. But does it strike anyone as odd that she went where she went to kill herself - if that's what she did? Where she was found is unusual for a suicide victim...IMO.

Yes, Yes, and Yes! How did she get behind the dumpster in Baltimore? How? I don't think she went there by herself unless she was looking for someone. I'm thinking this girl had a "secret" internet ID, maybe at school, maybe on the home computer, IDK.

Typically in such a case, LE would look at the family and then widen the net. I'm thinking the family is not involved here, although there were some things in an early article that woke up my hinky meter...... I'm thinking it was just the way the family operated and there really is nothing sinister there. BUT there is something sinister about how and why she got to Baltimore and ended up behind a dumpster.

Salem

She was a church going and religious person, if she was as religious as the article purports, then I doubt very much that she would risk not going to Heaven.

That is why the suicide theory makes little sense to me. I think that she partied with the wrong people, they may have taken advantage of her, that either she took something or did something that lead to her death.

For a small young lady, it does not take much of legal or illegal drugs to "cause her death".

"The McCanns have hired a private investigator. They search the Internet looking for clues. They discovered that another teen ran away from Fairfax County and was found dead in Burtonsville. A coincidence? Probably. But a father wonders. "I've solved this case five times," he says. "You wouldn't believe the suspects I've rounded up."

He is hesitant about disclosing what he's been told by authorities
- his wife calls city homicide detectives "angels disguised as police" - and they would only say they learned encouraging news from investigators on the evening I visited last week."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-md.hermann07dec07,0,5289205.column

(Bolded by me) I wonder what suspects the father has rounded up?

Does anyone know if they checked for heart failure or anuerisms in the autospy? It didn't show anything else..
Since she was very thin, say she has a fast metabolism; then maybe that would be why it didn't show drugs in her system if they had been there?
..just throwing some things out there..

"The McCanns have hired a private investigator. They search the Internet looking for clues. They discovered that another teen ran away from Fairfax County and was found dead in Burtonsville. A coincidence? Probably. But a father wonders. "I've solved this case five times," he says. "You wouldn't believe the suspects I've rounded up."

He is hesitant about disclosing what he's been told by authorities
- his wife calls city homicide detectives "angels disguised as police" - and they would only say they learned encouraging news from investigators on the evening I visited last week."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-md.hermann07dec07,0,5289205.column

(Bolded by me) I wonder what suspects the father has rounded up?

Does anyone know if they checked for heart failure or anuerisms in the autospy? It didn't show anything else..
Since she was very thin, say she has a fast metabolism; then maybe that would be why it didn't show drugs in her system if they had been there?
..just throwing some things out there..

so it sounds like the parents and detectives are sure this wasn't suicide? what makes them so sure?

has the toxocology report come back yet?

This is the only thing and there's nothing new, just a small snippet:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/crime/bal-md.hermann02jan02,0,7603545.column

"And Daniel and Mary Jane McCann came. Their 16-year-old daughter, Annie, ran away from home and was found dead Nov. 2 next to a trash bin in a public housing complex on Pratt Street between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. Her death remains a mystery, officially classified as a "suspicious death."

Annie had lived in Alexandria, Va., and her parents made the trip to Baltimore yesterday. They carried a candle to the altar and after the service went to the back of the church for a private moment of prayer. They believe their daughter was killed, have no idea why she suddenly left home and are awaiting results of tests from an FBI lab to learn a cause of death.

On Dec. 19, the McCanns came to Baltimore to meet with homicide detectives, who took them to the spot Annie had been found. It was the first time they'd been there. Mary Jane McCann left behind an angel she had taken from their Christmas tree. The wait for answers is hard. The visit to Perkins Homes was painful.

During the service, the Rev. Jan Hamill singled out Annie McCann, noting her death is not "technically a homicide" but that she deserves to be remembered because "she died in our city."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/crime/bal-md.hermann02jan02,0,7603545.column

"And Daniel and Mary Jane McCann came. Their 16-year-old daughter, Annie, ran away from home and was found dead Nov. 2 next to a trash bin in a public housing complex on Pratt Street between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. Her death remains a mystery, officially classified as a "suspicious death."
Annie had lived in Alexandria, Va., and her parents made the trip to Baltimore yesterday. They carried a candle to the altar and after the service went to the back of the church for a private moment of prayer. They believe their daughter was killed, have no idea why she suddenly left home and are awaiting results of tests from an FBI lab to learn a cause of death.
On Dec. 19, the McCanns came to Baltimore to meet with homicide detectives, who took them to the spot Annie had been found. It was the first time they'd been there. Mary Jane McCann left behind an angel she had taken from their Christmas tree. The wait for answers is hard. The visit to Perkins Homes was painful.'

Bolding by me. This was the latest information that I could find for Annie. The theories of suicide are unsettling to me. They don't "feel" right. I won't say what popped into my mind as I read the comments of one of her parents. We will see.

Dang MeoW333 we were posting at the same time again!

I am guessing the tox screen came back with either no or inconsistent results? if they're saying her death is not "technically a homicide" yet has been officially classified a "suspicious death".
What is involved in classifying a death to be "suspicious"?

I'm still curious about the father's statement;

Her family did hire a private investigator an if the father says he's solved the case 5 times, what outcomes did he come up with and why won't he share them? He's rounded up suspects as well in his head.

Mornin' MeoW3! :D

Curiouser and curiouser.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

something about this case stuck out to me, and I keep checking for new news.
I came across this incident in looking around for info on a thread in the missing section about all the missing girls from Alexandria Va.
I know what a few of you have hinted at, that a certain parents you have thoughts of. I searched around and didnt find much on that person.
my other thought is maybe she ran off with or to meet up with a religious cult.
I wish we could get some news.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapturedOnCamera