MD MD - Annie McCann, 16, Baltimore, 31 Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How sad for these parents and how confusing. I hope that they get the answers that they need. They have to be going through hell.

Take a close look at the sketch.

A private investigator, hired by the McCann's believes it bears close resemblance to the 18 to 23 year old girl seen with their daughter Annie McCann on or near Halloween.

The investigator says an employee at Vacarros in Little Italy remembers seeing Annie with the young woman around the time McCann's body was found.
According to the eyewitness, the woman Annie was with wore heavy make up to cover circles under her eyes and is believed to stand 5’ 7” and weigh around 120 pounds.

More at link:

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/...ath-Investigation/fAGKCBhcZ0Sqgj-iyFxy8g.cspx

Sounds like the PI has been successful in getting some leads for the police to look into. DNA results found at the scene are also supposed to be back soon.

I hope the tox results show something. This whole thing doesn't make any sense. This girl wasn't unhappy at home so why would she run away? I thought maybe she met someone online and went to meet him/her. I hope they can track down the female in the pic. Maybe she can shed some light on what this girl was doing.

Snipped from link posted by Malini2001 in post number 85.

"The medical examiner has ruled the cause of Annie McCann's death "undetermined" but said she overdosed on lidocaine from ingesting Bactine. She also had a small amount of alcohol in her system, which police said is consistent with light drinking."

An alcoholic drink spiked with Bactine. Bactine is OTC but I wonder if the fact you can die from ingestion is common knowledge?

I wonder if the drink was spiked or if the lidocaine from the bactine was introduced into her system another way?

I looked up lidocaine toxicity. That's an ugly messy way to commit suicide. Much easier ways even using OTC drugs. As for killing someone that way intentionally, it's equally messy. Strange.

Was the money taken? What about her jewelry?

I haven't seen any reports that state what else was found with her body Trino. I'll look later on to see if I can glean anything from previous articles.

I'm not a police detective, but I'd check everyone she would have come into contact with at the morning church services. My initial thoughts are this woman she was seen with made her acquaintance probably at the church (maybe a tie in with the priest), gained her confidence and then ultimately took advantage of her in some way.

I'd be interested to know if the money was found or not.

Would it be possible she was gay and that the girl/woman witnesses saw her with was a girlfriend? Gay teenagers have a much higher suicide rate than their hetero counterparts.
Since the Bactine she drank was from her own house, it does look like it's pointing towards suicide.

they were at a well known drug house (from an article above), maybe she thought she was drinking some kind of drug that would get her high? i just find it so hard to believe, it sounded like she thought she was setting out to discover herself! :( I dont know, I guess i've seen to much CSI, on CSI NY they had the girls who would think they were meeting friends and end up in a sex ring, I guess i'm just hoping this beautiful girl didn't want to die :(

This was the most interesting piece in the article - to me -posted by laura08, this is a piece of police work the parents want completed:

"Interview the Northern Virginia person with a narcotics record and strong Baltimore ties, and text ties to Annie’s cell phone." :eek:

I don't know about you, but that sounds like a good way for a naive girl to make it from Virginia to Baltimore.......wonder if the parents would consider giving the good sleuthers from WS a little information....

This was the most interesting piece in the article - to me -posted by laura08, this is a piece of police work the parents want completed:

"Interview the Northern Virginia person with a narcotics record and strong Baltimore ties, and text ties to Annie’s cell phone." :eek:

I don't know about you, but that sounds like a good way for a naive girl to make it from Virginia to Baltimore.......wonder if the parents would consider giving the good sleuthers from WS a little information....

Here is some more on that from the article, your exactly right drug dealers have connection and ties so would explain how she made it that way without knowing directions. She took $1,000, her cell phone, iPod Touch, jewelry, a box of Cheerios and clothes packed in a trunk with her when she left in the family's white Volvo sedan. I'm not sure a person who would commit suicide would care about taking those things, so I'm not buying the suicide story.

a bouncer at Club Orpheus said he recognized Annie and the woman. Meanwhile, a clerk at Costco's in Northern Virginia has said she recognizes the woman. And a number dialed from Annie's cell phone went to a house in Virginia occupied by a drug dealer.There were 10 calls placed from Annie's phone in the days before she ran away. All have been accounted for but two, Cutter told me. One was to a man with no connection to Annie but appears to have been a wrong number; the man told investigators he frequently got wrong numbers and if Annie was trying to reach somebody else, authorites haven't figured out who it might be.

The second phone call is more interesting. Cutter said it was traced to a woman's cell phone. They found her address and police went there but were sent away. Cutter said his investigators went to the house, in Northern Virginia, and it was answered by a man with a drug record who refused to answer his door. Cutter said the man was filming his investigators as they stood at the door. This lead too hasn't been pressed further.

I've never seen Traffic, but this story reminds of something that happened locally a month or so ago. A very pretty 17 year old from a "good" family who lived in a "good" neighborhood died very suddenly after a co-ed sleepover. It turned out that she did heroin, and on the night of her death, allowed another teenager to inject her 3-4 times with heroin, resulting in her death. Looking at this girl's picture, I never would have imagined that she was into heroin. Never. It didn't even cross my mind. And when the local rumor involving drugs was announced as truth, a lot of people were shocked. So I can't rule that out in any situation now, as sad as it seems.

Did this happen in Lititz, PA.

Here is some more on that from the article, your exactly right drug dealers have connection and ties so would explain how she made it that way without knowing directions. She took $1,000, her cell phone, iPod Touch, jewelry, a box of Cheerios and clothes packed in a trunk with her when she left in the family's white Volvo sedan. I'm not sure a person who would commit suicide would care about taking those things, so I'm not buying the suicide story.

a bouncer at Club Orpheus said he recognized Annie and the woman. Meanwhile, a clerk at Costco's in Northern Virginia has said she recognizes the woman. And a number dialed from Annie's cell phone went to a house in Virginia occupied by a drug dealer.There were 10 calls placed from Annie's phone in the days before she ran away. All have been accounted for but two, Cutter told me. One was to a man with no connection to Annie but appears to have been a wrong number; the man told investigators he frequently got wrong numbers and if Annie was trying to reach somebody else, authorites haven't figured out who it might be.

The second phone call is more interesting. Cutter said it was traced to a woman's cell phone. They found her address and police went there but were sent away. Cutter said his investigators went to the house, in Northern Virginia, and it was answered by a man with a drug record who refused to answer his door. Cutter said the man was filming his investigators as they stood at the door. This lead too hasn't been pressed further.

laura08 - seems odd the police do not intend to pursue this. This seems far more likely to me than committing suicide via Bactine. I simply cannot make heads nor tails of that except that she was an unwilling passenger in the backseat of her car and thought that would be a way out, or someone forced her to drink that Bactine. That suicide scenario is out there. Did you get any names from Cutter?

Also, this seems soooooooo similar to Maura Murray. She left her college dorm room telling the school there had been a death in the family (there was no death), drove into far northern NH with her text books, jewelry, stuffed animal, clothes, toothbrush etc and disappeared after a small car crash but was labeled a potential suicide for years. The police recently released that they are now investigating it as a homicide, but that took 5 years.....At least they found Annie's body immediately, Maura's family is still searching for her body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back