MD MD - Bob Boyes, 10, Port Republic, 26 Dec 1968

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 17, 2024
[...]

"Jane passes with flying colors," says Hunt. "But Richard Boyes, he shows deception on that exam. And he shows deception on the point of 'Do you know where Bobby Boyes is' and 'What happened to him.'"

Polygraphs are not admissible in court.

There was no other concrete evidence ever found showing that he had anything to do with Bobby's disappearance.

"There were a few things that were suspicious," says Hunt. "For Christmas, Bobby Boyes got a watch. And it was only one day, but he wouldn't take this watch off. Come to find out like two or three days later Richard Boyes had this watch on him and he gave it to someone."

Detective Hunt added, "It was always my suspicion, reading through that case file, that Richard Boyes had something to do with Bobby's disappearance."

[...]

JUL 17, 2024
[...]

"Jane passes with flying colors," says Hunt. "But Richard Boyes, he shows deception on that exam. And he shows deception on the point of 'Do you know where Bobby Boyes is' and 'What happened to him.'"

Polygraphs are not admissible in court.

There was no other concrete evidence ever found showing that he had anything to do with Bobby's disappearance.

"There were a few things that were suspicious," says Hunt. "For Christmas, Bobby Boyes got a watch. And it was only one day, but he wouldn't take this watch off. Come to find out like two or three days later Richard Boyes had this watch on him and he gave it to someone."

Detective Hunt added, "It was always my suspicion, reading through that case file, that Richard Boyes had something to do with Bobby's disappearance."

[...]
Thank you for this enlightening article— I had forgotten ( if I ever was aware ) that his dad failed the polygraph and had Bobby’s watch. Very, very sad. I plan to relisten to the Vanished Podcast episode about Bobby. I do remember it had a lot of good information. RIP Bobby Boyes.

Thank you for this enlightening article— I had forgotten ( if I ever was aware ) that his dad failed the polygraph and had Bobby’s watch. Very, very sad. I plan to relisten to the Vanished Podcast episode about Bobby. I do remember it had a lot of good information. RIP Bobby Boyes.
Yes, and after reading that article, it sounds like this old case basically does have a likely answer to it IMO. Interesting and good idea for the detective working the case at the time to ask the dad to put any information about the disappearance in his will, but nothing came of that.

Jane Boyes died in 2019.

Jul 17, 2024
He vanished into thin air on his way home from playing with the neighbors, sharing the new toys they'd just gotten.

It's great they're still working so hard to solve this. It seems, given little evidence and the passing of the possible perp and key witness, LE really needs for anyone to come forward who saw or heard anything.

jul 24, 2024
'This cold case has followed detectives with the Maryland state police for decades.Bobby Boyes went missing the day after Christmas in 1968. He vanished into thin air on his way home from playing with the neighbors, sharing the new toys they'd just gotten. Bobby was walking home from a neighbor's on Wash Hance Road in Calvert County. He had just left a friends house where they were playing with their new Christmas gifts.His sister talked to WMAR-2 News: https://www.wmar2news.com/marylandcol...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back