GUILTY MD - Bobbie Cortez, 36, stabbed to death, Dundalk, 6 March 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't find anything about how early school starts there. Why would one kid be home and the other two not be? Still trying to figure this out.

Also, cutting death? Never heard that before. I've heard stabbing death. I wonder if the cuts caused cardiac arrest, hence the call? When I was a medic dispatchers would call anyone down a cardiac arrest, never knew what we were walking into with that. The wording in this whole thing is weird. Is it LE or the media wording things this way?

Maybe wrists were cut and she was never stabbed?

As for school, are the other kids older? Usually high school starts before middle school. They may have left already.

I wonder if these kids have ever sought help from a teacher or counselor at school?

I don't know about the boy but the other girl is Caitlyns twin. At 11 that's 6th grade usually.

He was found guilty of the one in 2010 only.

The whole point of the discussion is that he has a history of being arrested of "violent" crimes. IMO, just because you are not found guilty of these crimes, doesn't mean they didn't occur, people can drop the charges, as it occurred in the DV charged. It often happens. I did it once in my case, but eventually pursued it, but he was still found innocent even though he was guilty. Many times people are guilty are assault but they are found innocent in a court of law. So, to my point, he was arrested three times for violent crimes. That is three times more than anyone I know. And now there is an arrest out for murder. Even if it was trying to protect his daughter or pissed at what happen in the home, and I don't blame him, murdering someone is not the answer. IMO he has a history of rage.

Maybe she was ill or maybe :( , mom kept her home because she is involved in this new case and ...... I don't want to say it but you can all guess.

ETA in fact it is a shame she is not found and we are still using her name and picture. I'm sorry honey .

ETAA and I understand why we still do, but it's still just a shame :(

Maybe she was ill or maybe :( , mom kept her home because she is involved in this new case and ...... I don't want to say it but you can all guess.

ETA in fact it is a shame she is not found and we are still using her name and picture. I'm sorry honey .

ETAA and I understand why we still do, but it's still just a shame :(

do we know the circumstances behind the stepdads arrest? I know it was for a repeat offense, but who turned him in? TV?

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 4m

NEW: Timothy Virts & Bobbie Jo Cortez had another set of twins, boys. Those twins were in grandparents custody right out of hospital in 2004

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 2m

Court records show Virts/Cortez (then Wallace) "couldn't care for two additional infants"...already had twin girls & Bobbie Jo's other son

The whole point of the discussion is that he has a history of being arrested of "violent" crimes. IMO, just because you are not found guilty of these crimes, doesn't mean they didn't occur, people can drop the charges, as it occurred in the DV charged. It often happens. I did it once in my case, but eventually pursued it, but he was still found innocent even though he was guilty. Many times people are guilty are assault but they are found innocent in a court of law. So, to my point, he was arrested three times for violent crimes. That is three times more than anyone I know. And now there is an arrest out for murder. Even if it was trying to protect his daughter or pissed at what happen in the home, and I don't blame him, murdering someone is not the answer. IMO he has a history of rage.

I really don't want to split hairs over this but the 2010 case he was not arrested. A summons was issued, which means a citizen went to a commissioner and made a complaint, then the commissioner issued a summons. The commissioner did not feel, for whatever reason that a warrant was necessary because that is also an option. The summons was served on TV listing his court dates. So IMO the 2010 case could not have been that serious if a) only a summons was issued and b) the state did not prosecute it.
And in the DV case he was never served (no arrest) to be able to answer the allegations.
I'm NOT sticking up for the guy because he obviously has issues-BIG issues. And i do not believe Caitlyn should be in his care. I just think when looking at court records and the information is available one should accurately use that information. He could have had all of these records expunged, except the custody ones, and we wouldn't have anything to discuss as far as a criminal history goes.

JoyLepolaStewart ‏@jlepolastewart 9m (Fox 45 News Crime & Justice)

Indictment for Daniel Cortez alleges he was sexually abusing missing girl... Caitlyn Virts.

JoyLepolaStewart ‏@jlepolastewart 9m (Fox 45 News Crime & Justice)

Indictment for Daniel Cortez alleges he was sexually abusing missing girl... Caitlyn Virts.

Of course :( and there's the motive. I'm by no means saying you should murder anyone, but if I had to guess, dad snapped because mom didn't protect her (in his mind). She possibly even defended him. O/T but I have a delusional sister who married her winner AFTER her daughter told police he raped her ... Twice. Needless to say we don't speak! :maddening:

Mike Hellgren ‏@HellgrenWJZ 8m

#AmberAlert press conference at 2. Latest on search for Caitlyn Virts at noon, including interview with her grandfather. @cbsbaltimore

Leslie Rubin ‏@LeslieRubinWCHS 9m

There have been no confirmed sightings of Timothy Virts or daughter, Caitlyn, in WV. Local told me he used to work in Welch. #AmberAlert

Of course :( and there's the motive. I'm by no means saying you should murder anyone, but if I had to guess, dad snapped because mom didn't protect her (in his mind). She possibly even defended him. O/T but I have a delusional sister who married her winner AFTER her daughter told police he raped her ... Twice. Needless to say we don't speak! :maddening:

Maybe he told mom to get away from this sicko and mom refused?
:( Poor baby .

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 4m

NEW: Timothy Virts & Bobbie Jo Cortez had another set of twins, boys. Those twins were in grandparents custody right out of hospital in 2004

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 2m

Court records show Virts/Cortez (then Wallace) "couldn't care for two additional infants"...already had twin girls & Bobbie Jo's other son

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I wonder if they are with their paternal or maternal grandparents.

JoyLepolaStewart ‏@jlepolastewart 9m

Grandfather of Caitlyn Virts says Timothy took the 11 year old to protect her. #amber alert pic.twitter.com/EOKWARuogj

other possibility is that mom was upset that dad helped caitlyn turn step-dad in and things got physical.

I just don't get the feeling TV is the hero in this case. Not at all.

As much as I wanted to hope he was - too much time has passed for him to be innocent in my opinion. If he didn't harm BJC and just wanted to remove his daughter from the scene - he would have contacted police by now given the Amber Alerts/news reports. Yesterday, I was willing to believe he may have been thinking he was acting in the best interest of his daughter by taking her from that house. Today - not at all.

No one in this story is a hero - or rises to the category of a good parent in my book. "Maybe" the grandfather but from what I have seen from the others - cousins, aunts, etc - I have not seen one adult who I would trust with a child. The nature of the posts on FB, backgrounds, pictures, etc. tells me (actually shouts out to me) - that this is a quite a dysfunctional group to put it nicely. God help those children.

As much as I wanted to hope he was - too much time has passed for him to be innocent in my opinion. If he didn't harm BJC and just wanted to remove his daughter from the scene - he would have contacted police by now given the Amber Alerts/news reports. Yesterday, I was willing to believe he may have been thinking he was acting in the best interest of his daughter by taking her from that house. Today - not at all.

No one in this story is a hero - or rises to the category of a good parent in my book. "Maybe" the grandfather but from what I have seen from the others - cousins, aunts, etc - I have not seen one adult who I would trust with a child. The nature of the posts on FB, backgrounds, pictures, etc. tells me (actually shouts out to me) - that this is a quite a dysfunctional group to put it nicely. God help those children.

AMEN!!!! :clap:

i hope he turns himself in if anything untoward did happen to this young girl most sane folks including myself will understand the rage.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwanyin2#
Back