GUILTY MD - Bobbie Cortez, 36, stabbed to death, Dundalk, 6 March 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Cutting" death? I don't really understand that term at all. Hoping and praying Caitlyn is found safe: Amber Alerts are up all over WV because TV has/had family ties to a couple of counties.:please:

I am guessing he cut her throat or other area that caused her to bleed to death.

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 4m

NEW: Timothy Virts & Bobbie Jo Cortez had another set of twins, boys. Those twins were in grandparents custody right out of hospital in 2004

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 2m

Court records show Virts/Cortez (then Wallace) "couldn't care for two additional infants"...already had twin girls & Bobbie Jo's other son

THANK YOU SURFIETX!! This had been bugging me! I was researching where the other set of twins fit in. Not that it has to do with this disappearance but was trying to figure out just how many kids they had and where they are now.

Yeah, you can get angry if your child is abused. You can get really angry. But this man (allegedly) committed murder. That's not okay. I know we want CV to be okay. But this man was declared an unfit parent to his second set of twins, and then was denied custody when the mom got full custody of CV and her twin. And he has a criminal record. I think there should be a lot less excusing this man's actions on this board. Murdering someone isn't ok, and the mother had not even been charged with abusing the girl or even being a party to the abuse!

This girl needs to be found ASAP. I repeat, this man is not a hero, rushing to save ONE of his 4 kids. He's armed and dangerous, and on the run with a minor he should not legally be around.

JoyLepolaStewart ‏@jlepolastewart 9m (Fox 45 News Crime & Justice)

Indictment for Daniel Cortez alleges he was sexually abusing missing girl... Caitlyn Virts.

I know some cases it's almost unavoidable, but I feel sick that this information is being broadcast over the nation. This poor girl has absolutely no privacy regarding the awful things DC did to her. I hope she is found safe and can heal.

Yeah, you can get angry if your child is abused. You can get really angry. But this man (allegedly) committed murder. That's not okay. I know we want CV to be okay. But this man was declared an unfit parent to his second set of twins, and then was denied custody when the mom got full custody of CV and her twin. And he has a criminal record. I think there should be a lot less excusing this man's actions on this board. Murdering someone isn't ok, and the mother had not even been charged with abusing the girl or even being a party to the abuse!

This girl needs to be found ASAP. I repeat, this man is not a hero, rushing to save ONE of his 4 kids. He's armed and dangerous, and on the run with a minor he should not legally be around.

100% agree with you.

i hope he turns himself in if anything untoward did happen to this young girl most sane folks including myself will understand the rage.

That was my hope yesterday. VT would turn himself in and considering the circumstances, a jury might have some sympathy towards him. But now I'm not so sure that will happen. I don't understand why they announced the arrest warrant? :banghead:

They need to be urging him to drop her off somewhere. He probably doesn't want to just leave her anywhere. Take her to a friend or relative's, drop her off and get a few hours head start. I could live with that. :please:

And now she will have no parent at all in her darkest time :( ......
I'm sorry . I get the rage buildup where you just want to go ballistic on someone, but now she has no one and that's why you contain your rage......
Hoping against hope that there is some unknown element here and something is not as it seems.
Poor baby, be ok !

No, the RSO appears to be in jail. I'm thinking the father killed the mother. Maybe he was enraged that the mother was allowing an RSO to live with their daughter.

I will never understand these women and there have been plenty,that let RSO's move in with them and their children. :banghead:

I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach. :( Unfortunately at this stage he's likely to kill Caitlyn and himself. The arrest warrant won't have helped his state of mind.

IMO, etc.

I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach. :( Unfortunately at this stage he's likely to kill Caitlyn and himself. The arrest warrant won't have helped his state of mind.

IMO, etc.

I have a worse feeling in my gut and I won't even voice it here.
I'll just pray and pray that I'm over reacting.

FOX Baltimore ‏@FOXBaltimore 1m

At 2PM police will hold a press conference on the #AmberAlert issued yesterday for Caitlyn Virts. TUNE IN at 2PM here http://bddy.me/MUru7o

And now she will have no parent at all in her darkest time :( ......
I'm sorry . I get the rage buildup where you just want to go ballistic on someone, but now she has no one and that's why you contain your rage......
Hoping against hope that there is some unknown element here and something is not as it seems.
Poor baby, be ok !

And that is the ONLY reason my ex-husband is still alive. My children needed me more than I needed him dead.

I have a worse feeling in my gut and I won't even voice it here.
I'll just pray and pray that I'm over reacting.

I think I am thinking what you are thinking and I hope we are wrong. Gonna hang onto yesterday's sentiment that he is protecting his daughter, even at ridiculous an unacceptable lengths. Also hoping that daughter knows him well enough to play along until she is safe.

Press Conference:

Chief Johnson will make a brief statement, no questions.
Others will do the rest of the presser.

Lowell Melser
‏@MelserWBAL

Waiting on 2pm news conference on Caitlyn Virts Amber Alert case.

BiJYcwVIcAAnksy.jpg

Press Conference:

Everyone is working tirelessly.
They are continuing their work.

Just my opinion - This guy doesn't sound optimistic.
Maybe it's just his personality...

Press Conference:

This morning an arrest warrant was issued charging him with the first degree murder of the mother.
Probably cause is based on interviews with people in the house as well as physical evidence at the scene.
She died as a result of sharp force injury, weapon is still part of the investigation.

wbaltv.com ‏@wbaltv11 1m

Police Chief Jim Johnson: Our goal is to bring Caitlyn to safety and Timothy Virts to justi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing
Back