GUILTY MD - Bobbie Cortez, 36, stabbed to death, Dundalk, 6 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am hoping if TV is the one who killed BJC, that it was in a fit of rage over her marrying and bringing an RSO around his daughters. And that he took CV to make sure she was safe, maybe from the step-brother or someone else in the house. How the courts could give BJC custody of those girls with an RSO in the house is beyond me.

It looks like TV moved in when DC went to jail, maybe to help out with the kids or finances.

I'm hoping Dad is in protective mode with his daughter and he's taken her with him to protect her and not harm her in any way. I'm hoping that she didn't witness what happened to her mother and just thinks she's on an innocent road trip with Dad.

I saw her picture and my heart went out to her. Such a sweet, innocent child. I shudder to think of what she's already had to endure, living in a house with an RSO.

Caitlyn need to be found safe and sound.

I had to step away from my computer and take a break. This case is disturbing. I bawled my eyes out for that precious little girl and have prayed really hard that she's safe with her father and will come to no harm.

This whole case is just :scared:

You have to wonder what the dynamic was like in that house.

What was Mom thinking?!

Did TV know about the charges against the husband or did he just find out? That might explain his actions, IMHO.

After reading the criminal histories involved here, I'm just speechless. And then I read through Mom's FB. I wish I hadn't.

The son is not VT's. Someone else is paying child support for him. I have to wonder if the other twin was removed from the home :dunno: That would explain why only Caitlyn was taken.

I agree - I don't mean to be judgmental but I delved into other family members public posts and I have yet to find anyone I would trust these kids with - hopefully they have a place to go but they may be best off away from both sides.
BJC commented in her cousins page (initials BW) that she had 2 sets of twins back to back. I assume that perhaps the older son is a twin but no mention of him has been made. I have a feeling Caitlyn's twin was at school but also think one if them (or both) was the victim of DCs most recent charges. If that is the case how BCJ still kept pictures of him on her FB is beyond me. I pray she didn't allow him to harm her girls - which is why perhaps TV became enraged . I think he may harm himself but not his daughter - hope I am not wrong here .

I guess what is really bothering me is that he took her at all. I am hoping it was not because she woke up and witnessed what went down with her mom. TV dad was on the news earlier asking his son to turn himself in, that Caitlyn didn't need to be in the middle of this. Praying for innocent little girl to be safe.

I guess what is really bothering me is that he took her at all. I am hoping it was not because she woke up and witnessed what went down with her mom. TV dad was on the news earlier asking his son to turn himself in, that Caitlyn didn't need to be in the middle of this. Praying for innocent little girl to be safe.

I didn't see that video - but he sounds like the most sensible person so far. I believe someone posted TVs parents had custody at one point. If TV was enraged - I hope he is coming to his senses now and realizing he can't keep running and it's best for Caitlyn to turn himself in and does exactly what his Dad suggests. If his motive to take his daughter was protection - maybe he will contact his Dad.

if he harmed BJC - he may have taken Caitlyn so that she wouldn't be left to deal with finding her. It sounds like she was not in school and maybe the other kids were not there? Regardless - I think today will be critical in that he has had time to think and realize his actions. If he doesn't turn himself in today - I don't see him turning himself in peacefully - I sense harm to himself or they take him forcefully - but hope I am wrong.

I am so nervous for Caitlyn and was hoping her grandfather would be the voice of reason for TV but just read this -

2012, Peter Virts (TVs Dad) sought a protective order from his son. He wrote in court papers that Timothy had threatened him with violence.

That is probably the person referenced in the court documents and who later dropped the case. The dad stated they have not spoken in some time and TV doesn't have any good relationships with his family members.

The reporter of this article also states that the window blinds were visibly damaged. Granted, they could have been like that before this - but given that the scene was described as "violent" it sounds like a physical battle took place. Poor Caitlyn - praying we hear something good about her soon.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79540140/

Family cousin said she was stabbed to death. Peter Verts and his live in girlfriend won custody of all 3 kids, so neither parents had them. Somehow they ended up back with her and she fought TV in court for sole custody and won. Neither parent seemed to make good parent.I just do not know what court would grant her sole custody when she is married to a sexual predator.

Family cousin said she was stabbed to death. Peter Verts and his live in girlfriend won custody of all 3 kids, so neither parents had them. Somehow they ended up back with her and she fought TV in court for sole custody and won. Neither parent seemed to make good parent.I just do not know what court would grant her sole custody when she is married to a sexual predator.

Awful! Who told police it was cardiac arrest? or could that be a reporting error . if that is how she was killed - it doesn't make sense that someone would call it in as a heart attack.

Stabbing to me sounds like an act of rage.

Also regarding her children - she clearly stated on FB that she had 2 sets of twins back to back. if that is the case I wonder what happen to the 4th child?

I can see obvious changes in previous years to recent year in mom. Many post and pics with kids then posts turn all about one man the new husband. Life seemed a bit "darker" .new husband threatening friends joking on comments on a pic, the way her hair clothes and pics changed. Lots of posts pics before of the beautiful kids smiling and enjoying life... :( so sad!

So sad :( I just saw this on fb and going to catch up now. But can anyone tell me , at this time, still no Caitlin? TIA

So sad :( I just saw this on fb and going to catch up now. But can anyone tell me , at this time, still no Caitlin? TIA

They haven't found her yet SCHMAE! :(

From what I've been reading, I'm hoping TV is just trying to protect his daughter from what seems to be a horrible situation in her own home. I think he obviously that felt her mother could not keep her safe and protect her, letting a repeated sex offender live in her home with her children for example. There's no way she couldn't know he is an RSO!?! JMO.

Praying Caitlyn is found safe.

I live in Dundalk, and moved here from the Eastern Shore, so this is really close to home. I know kids who attend school with the Virts'. I also was once married to a sex offender, although he was not registered at the time as nobody had ever reported him. Does this make me a bad mom? I hope not, as I'd never have entered into a relationship of any kind with a known child molester.

This situation is a little different as the guy is a REGISTERED offender. I am shocked that this did not prevent the issuance of a marriage license between the offender and the mother of several children in his preferential age range.

This whole case is just :scared:

You have to wonder what the dynamic was like in that house.

What was Mom thinking?!

Did TV know about the charges against the husband or did he just find out? That might explain his actions, IMHO.

After reading the criminal histories involved here, I'm just speechless. And then I read through Mom's FB. I wish I hadn't.

The son is not VT's. Someone else is paying child support for him. I have to wonder if the other twin was removed from the home :dunno: That would explain why only Caitlyn was taken.

This makes a lot of sense. (Other twin already removed) because I haven't figured out why he would only take one.

From what I've been reading, I'm hoping TV is just trying to protect his daughter from what seems to be a horrible situation in her own home. I think he obviously that felt her mother could not keep her safe and protect her, letting a repeated sex offender live in her home with her children for example. There's no way she couldn't know he is an RSO!?! JMO.

Praying Caitlyn is found safe.

It's easier than you think for RSO's to hoodwink unsuspecting parents, specifically moms, who want to believe some wonder man has come into their lives to take all their troubles away.
OT but I know someone who is living with one now and his explanation is that there was a statutory thing when he was 16 involving a 15 yr old female. She believes it and the case was so long ago, we cannot find record of it to verify one way or another, so who knows?

This makes a lot of sense. (Other twin already removed) because I haven't figured out why he would only take one.

Or there were actually 5 children - 2 sets of twins and a singleton (based on a photo found on BJCs FB). Maybe the 2nd set of twins did not survive or were placed a long time ago with other people, leaving 3 children in the home at the time of her murder.

Pure speculation on my part!

Is it possible the son of the RSO was the one who harmed BJC because his dad just got more charges levied against him?

I just don't get the feeling TV is the hero in this case. Not at all.

I really thought I'd wake up to read she's been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back