GUILTY MD - Bobbie Cortez, 36, stabbed to death, Dundalk, 6 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Three? What year was the third one you found? I only found two... one in which he was the defendant (2010) and one in which he was the complainant (1989).

The one from 2010 is interesting in regards to the complainant and their address during that time frame and their own criminal record. Just saying.

Just to clarify for me - are these prior arrests for TV (Caitlyn's Dad) - and not the current husband who is in jail correct ? Sounds like BJC was involved with abusive men here .

I was really hoping she'd be found safe and sound by now. :(

Three? What year was the third one you found? I only found two... one in which he was the defendant (2010) and one in which he was the complainant (1989).

The one from 2010 is interesting in regards to the complainant and their address during that time frame and their own criminal record. Just saying.

He was the def in these cases
1998 assault second degree
2010 assault second degree
2012 Domestic Violence

Just to clarify for me - are these prior arrests for TV (Caitlyn's Dad) - and not the current husband who is in jail correct ? Sounds like BJC was involved with abusive men here .

You are correct these arrests are for TV, the ex. I feel horrible for these children. He has a very long list of arrests.

You are correct these arrests are for TV, the ex. I feel horrible for these children. He has a very long list of arrests.

I was hoping the arrests were for the current husband and perhaps he was trying to protect his daughter....but things are not pointing in that direction.

I think (from some public records) he has connections in Elk garden WV and Keyser, WV. these are assumptions based on last name and associated relations on peoplefinder.

I wonder if the twin was at school and that's why the dad took off with only one child? I just can't understand why he would only take one child.
Was it ever confirmed what the mother died from? Call was for cardiac arrest I wonder if once at the scene there were things to indicate otherwise? But if someone living at the house called it in they would probably know, right?
This case needs some solid info.
Right now for that little girl's sake I'm hoping that dad came by argued with mom about the latest charges her husband incurred and mom did have a heart attack and dad took this child because she was home at the time???
Praying she is safe and hoping for more solid info.

If you search BJC's FB friends for someone with initials, DR, and go to his FB, there is a conversation in his most recent post.

Hollye

Are they still connected? Can't find a single friend with those initials.

Eat. Found it!

Is it correct that the father used to live with mom AND stepdad? I hope this isn't another Brittany Wood situation

I was hoping the arrests were for the current husband and perhaps he was trying to protect his daughter....but things are not pointing in that direction.

Well according to his record (TV) only 7 instances of criminal charges have been filed against him. Compared to around 2 dozen on the current husband/sexual predator.

And of the three assault charges I don't hold much stock in the accuracy of 1 of them and the other was a case in which HE was assaulted. There is a domestic violence charge, but that could be simply that he went to the home causing a disturbance. It doesn't say an assault occurred and she dropped the RO against him in that one. FWIW based on the date (which coorelates to the abuse of one of the children by the current husband) I'd say he might have had a good reason to cause a domestic disturbance.

I still think TV needs to be found and Caitlyn brought back safely. I don't think he's any better suited to be a parent than his ex wife was! And who knows if he's the one responsible for her death or not.

I wonder if the twin was at school and that's why the dad took off with only one child? I just can't understand why he would only take one child.
Was it ever confirmed what the mother died from? Call was for cardiac arrest I wonder if once at the scene there were things to indicate otherwise? But if someone living at the house called it in they would probably know, right?
This case needs some solid info.
Right now for that little girl's sake I'm hoping that dad came by argued with mom about the latest charges her husband incurred and mom did have a heart attack and dad took this child because she was home at the time???
Praying she is safe and hoping for more solid info.

One article said cardiac arrest another said the scene looked violent. I can see them arguing over the daughter and him taking her. TV had been living there a few weeks. the Mom could have also been arguing with the adult son of the current husband and Caitlyn called her Dad to come for her but surely he must know by now he is wanted by police - he would have received the Amber alert too assuming he has a cell.

He was the def in these cases

1998 assault second degree

2010 assault second degree

2012 Domestic Violence

All the assault cases were dropped. He actually has many more charges than just the assault cases-marijuana, solicit prostitution, and something else but all were nolle'd (dropped by the state) so he doesn't have any criminal convictions.
I didn't look at the civil DV case, let me go check that out.

Eta: the DV (temporary order of protection) doesn't appear to ever have been served on him. Each court date was one week from the next with temporary orders issued. They do this to provide protection while they try to serve the defendant with the temporary order to appear in court for the full protective hearing. That never happened in this case. After 2 months of trying to serve him the petitioner asked that it be dismissed.

All the assault cases were dropped. He actually has many more charges than just the assault cases-marijuana, solicit prostitution, and something else but all were nolle'd (dropped by the state) so he doesn't have any criminal convictions.
I didn't look at the civil DV case, let me go check that out.

The purpose of my post was that he was arrested for these charges. There was a cause of action to get him arrested. That concerns me greatly.

"Detectives have also confirmed that Mrs. Cortez lived at the Ardee Way home with her three children -- Caitlyn, Caitlyn's twin sister and a son -- and with two adults whose relationships with the victim have not been verified. Also, for the past several weeks Mrs. Cortez allowed Timothy Virts to live at the home.

This morning, one of the occupants of the house found Mrs. Cortez, dead, in her bedroom. Police have not yet confirmed how she died.

At about the same time, the occupants of the house discovered that Caitlyn and Timothy Virts were missing, along with the Dodge Durango. An Amber Alert was issued at 10:46 a.m. Police are concerned for the safety of Caitlyn Marie Virts since she is not supposed to be with her father."

http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/iWatch

So from this article, bio dad has been living in the home for the past several weeks but CV is not supposed to be with her father.
Something is off. Maybe it's the reporting??

Going through the mothers photos and one of them had a comment where she said one of the twins looked like her when she was little and the other "looks like tim, poor child", and the next few pics are of her and only the one twin that looks like her.

maybe she resented the twin that looked like her father, and maybe the dad knew and thats why he only took her. she may have been treated differently for that reason. jmo.

She didn't remove his pics from her FB, that tells a lot IMO

Not finding a DR, unless I am blind, lol

Never mind...

So "Dad" isn't supposed to be with Caitlyn, but it is perfectly alright for a sex offender to live under the same roof. This world is such a mess!!

My thoughts and prayers are with Caitlyn and I pray that she is found safe!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim
Back