MD MD - Frederick, WhtFem 17-45, UP7477, in steamer trunk in state park, Spondylolysis, Aug'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
they do have dentals for both, however so it should not be difficult to compare.

The UID's case has just been updated in NamUS yesterday. Here is the list of ruleouts:

Maureen Baca 1950 California
Susan Cappel 1962 Ohio
Valarie Cuccia 1953 New York
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York

Namus Link https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7477

I like the Anne Riggin comparision webrocket...

It says that Anne doesn't have DNA in the system and they are looking for the UID's remains to obtain DNA.... Go figure...

there is no email contact for this UID so I am inclined to call this one in. I've never called one in before.

they are actively soliciting tips for the homicide victim and given that Doe places the date of death as Spring 1982, I see too many similarities to pass this one up.

there is no email contact for this UID so I am inclined to call this one in. I've never called one in before.

they are actively soliciting tips for the homicide victim and given that Doe places the date of death as Spring 1982, I see too many similarities to pass this one up.

Do it! Turn it in!! Frederick and Harrisburg are a straight shot connection for a truckdriver to be driving.. I pass Frederick when heading to the beach (it is on I 70) and I am a Western PA girl (Harrisburg is in Central PA, but right off the turnpike which connects to I 70)

I hate calling in ones too...

Carl, who did you deal with when turning in Anne to another match? I can't remember???

hello all, I called Detective Curt Lege at the number provided in the news link. he was very nice and appreciative. he told me that they had already requested her dentals and believes that Anne Riggin has been ruled on based on dentals.

he said he appreciates the calls and specifically mentioned that in Ohio they had 3 matches from citizens calling in. (was one of them you Chaddy?)

so if anyone sees a match worthy of calling in, by all means do so.

hello all, I called Detective Curt Lege at the number provided in the news link. he was very nice and appreciative. he told me that they had already requested her dentals and believes that Anne Riggin has been ruled on based on dentals.

he said he appreciates the calls and specifically mentioned that in Ohio they had 3 matches from citizens calling in. (was one of them you Chaddy?)

You didn't mention Jeanne Scrima?

Deborah Kim Green went missing from Lake Worth, FL on 5/30/82, which fits with estimates of when Jane Doe went missing (as early as Spring 1982). Her age is right, but her height is listed as 5'9"-5'10". Some superficial similarities, i.e., hair color.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/green_deborah.html

Any thoughts?

appears to me like Deborah met foul play in FL and it would be unlikely that her killer took her to MD. just my thoughts.

It's a straight shot up I-95 from Florida to Maryland, but I agree it's unlikely that Deborah is this Jane Doe.

Since the new digital reconstruction images of this Jane Doe are so different from the older ones, I've contacted Doe Network and they will put the new reconstruction images on her entry as soon as they are able.

It's striking how different the two sets of images are.

Knowing she was found in a steamer trunk (footlocker) leads me to speculate that the killer was prepared to transport her for some distance and may have brought her to the dumpsite from a state other than or far from Maryland. This would be possible if the killer were a truck driver or was traveling in a van of some type.

It seems I always tend to lean toward the suspect as being a truck driver. I wish this was not the case but I do feel there are many drivers out there who gravitate toward this particular job to enhance their ability to seek victims they cannot be tied to and afford them the opportunity to dispose of bodies.

I had assumed whoever was responsible for the UID being in the trunk had kept the trunk with them until shortly before it was found (in their basement, garage, storage unit, etc). I wonder if the dimensions of the footlocker were such that you need a truck to carry it around or it would fit in the trunk of a sedan? If it was something that would fit in the trunk of an average size car, it expands the possibilities of where she came from.

What the steamer trunk tells me is that she was probably killed in a home (either her own, or someone else's), and probably by someone she knew, as opposed to a hitchhiker or someone taken off the street by a serial predator.

I'm thinking this is some sort of domestic altercation that escalated into murder, and the perp removed her body from the premises in the first container he could find.

Since the new digital reconstruction images of this Jane Doe are so different from the older ones, I've contacted Doe Network and they will put the new reconstruction images on her entry as soon as they are able.

It's striking how different the two sets of images are.

There are also large differences in the description and circumstances between the Doe Network and NamUs pages. For example, Doe Network estimates her time of death as being Spring 1982 and NamUs estimates it to be between 1972 to 1982. The Doe Network estimates her age as being between 17 to 25 and NamUs says she is between 17 to 45!

What the steamer trunk tells me is that she was probably killed in a home (either her own, or someone else's), and probably by someone she knew, as opposed to a hitchhiker or someone taken off the street by a serial predator.

I'm thinking this is some sort of domestic altercation that escalated into murder, and the perp removed her body from the premises in the first container he could find.

I agree with you about this. I think that who ever the perp(s) was kept her in the footlocker at the place where she was killed until he/she/they could get her out unnoticed. Maybe they hid her in a basement or a crawlspace while he was waiting for the time when they would be able to get her out of the house.

I agree with you about this. I think that who ever the perp(s) was kept her in the footlocker at the place where she was killed until he/she/they could get her out unnoticed. Maybe they hid her in a basement or a crawlspace while he was waiting for the time when they would be able to get her out of the house.

I was thinking my theory over, and looking back at Jeanne Scrima's Charley narrative. Her narrative is quite consistent to the theory that I just mentioned.

Authorities believe that she arrived at her family's residence in the early afternoon, but her whereabouts after that time period are unknown.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/scrima_jeanne.html

No Webrocket, I didn't call any possible matches in. I was away from the computer all weekend.

New information about Kelly Bergh Dove was added to her thread today.

At the time of her disappearance, Kelly was 5'1" tall and weighed 105 pounds. She had brown hair and brown eyes. She had a partial upper plate to replace her two front teeth that had been knocked out accidently years prior. She was probably wearing jeans. She always wore her gold and diamond wedding band on her left hand and her high school class ring from Turner Ashby High School, class of 1978, with the initials KJB engraved.

Where this UID was found
is about 2 hours from where she disappeared.

I don't know much about dental work. Would cemented posts be used for a partial bridge?

eta: JMU (Harrisonburg) as a pre-dentistry program. UVA, about an hour away does have a dentistry program. Not sure what was in place back in 1982 though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back