MD MD - Frederick, WhtFem 17-45, UP7477, in steamer trunk in state park, Spondylolysis, Aug'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been sort of embarrassed to ask this, but does anyone know how they determine if an UID has had or not had children? :blushing: The topic has come up on a couple of different threads and I wondered how it was determined because I don't know.

has to do with marks on the pelvic bones. if they gave birth there are certain grooves (for the lack of a better term). not sure if they show up if the birth is C-section.

I've been sort of embarrassed to ask this, but does anyone know how they determine if an UID has had or not had children? :blushing: The topic has come up on a couple of different threads and I wondered how it was determined because I don't know.

has to do with marks on the pelvic bones. if they gave birth there are certain grooves (for the lack of a better term). not sure if they show up if the birth is C-section.

Pregnancy causes the bone of the pelvis at the pubic symphysis to take on a pitted and grooved surface texture. The pubic symphysis is the joint of the pelvis where the two halves of the pelvis connect at the crotch.

And that change is caused by pregnancy, not the act of childbirth. So a C-section would make no difference.

Investigators asked the expert to draw the woman with her hair in a ponytail because it is likely that she was a cheerleader, a dancer or a gymnast due signs of wear on her hip bones.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unk-30-years-grisly-murder.html#ixzz1zcEBMUaX

When I went to get an epidural when I was in labor with my 1st daughter, they were unable to numb me because my vertabraes in my back are too close together. They said the constant bouncing from my dancing/cheerleader days were probably the cause of that. My chiropractor now says my pelvis is slightly tilted, (I am a zumba and group exercise instructor) Anywho, it is kind of weird how just looking at someones wear of their bones can tell what they have done..

I will be driving thru Frederick MD when I head to the beach next month on I70. This girl could just be about from anywhere...

Since the two facial recons are so different from each other, and a photo of the skull was available, I decided to do an overlay of the skull on each of them to see which was more consistent with the skull.

I see inconsistencies on both.

Starting with the original recon:

IMO, Her eyes were drawn too big and wide, and her cheekboness were too broad.

Frederick Steamer Trunk Girl 001 - YouTube

Here's the second one:

In this one, her face is too narrow and long, and the tip of her nose and her mouth are positioned too low.

Frederick Steamer Trunk Girl 002 - YouTube

Using the skull as a guide, I created my own facial reconstruction.

45bea903-61e7-440c-a100-4684a0f53d0d.jpg

As with most skull reconstructions, I cannot say that this is what she looked like In terms of overall look (e.g., Complexion, eyes, hairstyle, etc.). But as you can see with the skull overlay, I think this more accurately represents her facial shape. She has an oval-shaped face with moderately broad cheekbones, a long nose and a strong, but not particularly angular jawline. I gave her a pulled back hairstyle similar to the second official recon.

Here's the overlay:

Frederick Steamer Trunk Girl 003 - YouTube

for what it is worth Carl, Det. Lege recognized the name Anne Riggin right away so she was looked into. I get what you mean like maybe he confused her name with someone else.

the appearance of the UID on your reconstruction Carl looks very Italian to me, which of course is a common ancestry here in the Northeast.

speaking of Italian, there is Barbara Monaco, missing from Virginia Beach Aug 23, 1978. Barbara was 5'4", brown hair and judging by her smiling face she had nice teeth, and the UID had dental work done. the fifth image of Barbara (going from L to R) looks alot like the UID, in my opinion at least.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/947/42/

Carl, where did you find the photo of the skull?

I see a V shaped mark on the forehead. Is it possible they came from an axe/hatchet/tomahawk?

The photo of the skull came from the article that Chaddylex linked to in post #84 above. The cuts on the skull were made by the anthropologist so they could see inside the cranial vault. They also removed the maxilla so that they could keep the teeth for future identification and bury the rest.

The photo of the skull came from the article that Chaddylex linked to in post #84 above. The cuts on the skull were made by the anthropologist so they could see inside the cranial vault. They also removed the maxilla so that they could keep the teeth for future identification and bury the rest.

Oh. Dailymail.co.uk is a Brit talboid paper which I generally ignore. I didn't know they had extensive details and video captures of the case. It has more details than any other missing person sites.

for what it is worth Carl, Det. Lege recognized the name Anne Riggin right away so she was looked into. I get what you mean like maybe he confused her name with someone else.

the appearance of the UID on your reconstruction Carl looks very Italian to me, which of course is a common ancestry here in the Northeast.

When I spoke to Det Lege last week, he said that the ME was listing all the ruleouts on NamUs. Anne Riggin isn't on the ruleout list, and the last time the UID's NamUs page was updated was June 15th. Too bad we didn't have the ME's email or phone number to see if Anne is a definite ruleout.

Det Lege also said he has received SO many tips, If I didn't make a follow up call last week about Patricia Vaughan, I doubt he would have called me back, I think he is probably overwhelmed.

Carl, do you have any pull to find a picture for Patricia Vaughan... (the girl missing from CT) I know their is a Patricia Vaughan missing from TX also.

Could be a desaparecida? Torture would explain the teeth and back issues. Lots of Italians in Argentina. This was during the Dirty War (c. 1973--1983) when they were hunting down suspected subversives all over the world. There is another Maryland case that fits the profile: http://doenetwork.org/cases/279ufmd.html. Similarities with the 1976 Sumter County (SC) Does include the odd dentistry and proximity to I-95.

Carl, do you have any pull to find a picture for Patricia Vaughan... (the girl missing from CT) I know their is a Patricia Vaughan missing from TX also.

I've been trying to locate a photo of Patricia Vaughan. I found one person by that name listed in Ancestry.com who lived in West Hartford CT, but I'm not sure that she's the same Patricia Vaughan. I couldn't find any photos of her in the Hartford area high school yearbooks.

I checked classmates.com for the high schools in Fairfield. If she was 19 in 1982, she would have probably been in Class of 81.

The book for Andrew Warde HS class of 82 was there, but none from 78-81. I e-mailed a girl who was a HS reunion contact for classes of 81 and 82 to see if she remembered Patricia Vaughan. She didn't reply.

There were none from Fairfield HS 78-81 either.

The 1981 book for Notre Dame HS was there, but she wasn't in it.

The 1978 book for Roger Ludlowe HS was there, but she wasn't in it.

I've been trying to locate a photo of Patricia Vaughan. I found one person by that name listed in Ancestry.com who lived in West Hartford CT, but I'm not sure that she's the same Patricia Vaughan. I couldn't find any photos of her in the Hartford area high school yearbooks.

I checked classmates.com for the high schools in Fairfield. If she was 19 in 1982, she would have probably been in Class of 81.

The book for Andrew Warde HS class of 82 was there, but none from 78-81. I e-mailed a girl who was a HS reunion contact for classes of 81 and 82 to see if she remembered Patricia Vaughan. She didn't reply.

There were none from Fairfield HS 78-81 either.

The 1981 book for Notre Dame HS was there, but she wasn't in it.

The 1978 book for Roger Ludlowe HS was there, but she wasn't in it.

Did you happen to look on Facebook to see if any of her siblings are on there? I am at work and Facebook is blocked, I could look from my phone to see... I don't know if I will have a chance to check when I get home or not...

Remember I think I found Patricia's dads obituary... on a post above somewhere, I will look.

Did you happen to look on Facebook to see if any of her siblings are on there? I am at work and Facebook is blocked, I could look from my phone to see... I don't know if I will have a chance to check when I get home or not...

Remember I think I found Patricia's dads obituary... on a post above somewhere, I will look.

Carl,

I found one of Patricia's sisters on facebook...

Carl,

I found one of Patricia's sisters on facebook...

Vaughan is not an extremely uncommon name, nor is the name Patricia. I personally know a couple of people with the name Vaughan, so the chances of two people in CT named Patricia Vaughan are not that remote.

How do you know you found a sister and not someone with the same surname?

I think I saw the obituary that you are talking about (with a Patricia Vaughan as a daughter), but it indicates that he was from West Hartford (i.e., about 65 miles from Fairfield).

Vaughan is not an extremely uncommon name, nor is the name Patricia. I personally know a couple of people with the name Vaughan, so the chances of two people in CT named Patricia Vaughan are not that remote.

How do you know you found a sister and not someone with the same surname?

I think I saw the obituary that you are talking about (with a Patricia Vaughan as a daughter), but it indicates that he was from West Hartford (i.e., about 65 miles from Fairfield).

If this man is Patricia's Vaughans dad that is in the obituary I found, I looked up the sister who is now with the initals A.V. (her last name I would say is very common)

The reason that I think this could be her dad is in the obituary it lists all his children and where they lived when he died, for Patricia, it just lists her name. Take a look at it and tell me if I am crazy. http://farleysullivan.com/Obituaries/obit-display.jhtml?DB=obits&DO=display&ID=133

If this man is Patricia's Vaughans dad that is in the obituary I found, I looked up the sister who is now with the initals A.V. (her last name I would say is very common)

The reason that I think this could be her dad is in the obituary it lists all his children and where they lived when he died, for Patricia, it just lists her name. Take a look at it and tell me if I am crazy. http://farleysullivan.com/Obituaries/obit-display.jhtml?DB=obits&DO=display&ID=133

Yeah, that's the one. My mistake - It says East Hartford, not West.

I found the Facebook pages for K. Vaughan in Tolland and A-- Vaughan-V--------.

Yeah, that's the one. My mistake - It says East Hartford, not West.

I found the Facebook pages for K. Vaughan in Tolland and A-- Vaughan-V--------.

Did you find the one for A. V---------? I was able to from my phone, but it is hard looking at all the other ones since they have common names?

Since you are quite good with talking and asking families of the missing if they are related, would you mind sending over a FB to one of them and asking if Patirica is their sister and if she is still missing? If it is if they have a picture of her?? Please :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back