MD MD - Frederick, WhtFem 17-45, UP7477, in steamer trunk in state park, Spondylolysis, Aug'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did you find the one for A. V---------? I was able to from my phone, but it is hard looking at all the other ones since they have common names?

Since you are quite good with talking and asking families of the missing if they are related, would you mind sending over a FB to one of them and asking if Patirica is their sister and if she is still missing? If it is if they have a picture of her?? Please :)

Yes, I just dropped her a Facebook PM.

I also asked the Librarian at the Fairfield Public Library to check the yearbooks to see if she was an alum of Andrew Warde H.S. They didn't have a 1981 yearbook, and she said she would look to see of there are any 78-80 yearbooks, but she would have to get back to me on that.

She also looked in the 1981 Ludlowe HS book, and there were no Vaughans listed.

I also asked the Librarian at the Fairfield Public Library to check the yearbooks to see if she was an alum of Andrew Warde H.S. They didn't have a 1981 yearbook, and she said she would look to see of there are any 78-80 yearbooks, but she would have to get back to me on that.

Thanks Carl, I knew I could count on you!

I revised the image to show her teeth, set it side-by-side with the skull (with all the saw marks removed), and set her in front of Hunting Creek Lake in Frederick MD.

45bea903-61e7-440c-a100-4684a0f53d0d.jpg

The skull is sized exactly the same as the facial recon., so if you use the Mozilla Firefox browser, you can point to the skull, click and hold the mouse button and drag the skull image over the reconstruction image (or vice versa). A transparency of the appears while it is being dragged over itself, and you can see how the images fit together.

If you don't have the Firefox browser, you can do the same thing by copying the image and pasting it onto a MS Excel spreadsheet, and then dragging the transparency over itself as described above.

The librarian called back, and said that she has no Andrew Warde HS yearbooks from the 78-81 timeframe.

Any reply back from the sister?

The 1980 senior yearbook photos were incorporated into this reunion video. I jumped to the V's (about the 8:45 minute mark) and there is no one with a surname of Vaughan.

I've shortened the url so the entire video doesn't embed.
This is a link to youtube: http://tinyurl.com/c6c2s5w

I saw that video, but it only shows the seniors. Patricia likely would have been a junior in 1980.

The obit also mentions a son whose name starts with K. Classmates lists a K Vaughan who went to Penney HS in East Hartford, Class of 85, but for Penney HS, Classmates has the 77 yearbook, but none from 78-81.

The facebook reunion page for Penney HS led me to this channel on youtube:
http://tinyurl.com/763o4lw
The poster, very recently, has uploaded 2 memorial videos for the 75-85 years, and I watched both. No Vaughans. But I'm posting to suggest this may be a good contact to have those particular yearbooks searched. Also, I couldn't find a thread for this missing person that I've taken a detour on.

I got some information on Patricia Vaughan's dentals that is not available publicly. She had no fillings, crowns, or missing teeth. And both her lower wisdom teeth (17 and 32) were impacted.

The Jane Doe had extensive dental work. Technically, the differences in dental work compared to a MP with clean dentals would not be a rule-out because in theory, she could have had dental work done by some other dentist after her last known appointment.

But also, there's no indication that the Jane Doe had impacted lower wisdom teeth.

Realistically, she is probably not this Jane Doe.

BTW, Patricia's DOB is 17-May-1963

Even if the dentals rule out Patricia as this Jane Doe, at least that will help in the future when searching for matches to Patricia.

CarlK90245, it doesn't appear we have a WS thread for Patricia. Now that we have some info about her, do you want to start a thread for her? If not, I'll be glad to.

Thanks.

Is there something obscuring or replacing one of the front teeth on the skull? One of the teeth looks very different from all the rest.

Is there something obscuring or replacing one of the front teeth on the skull? One of the teeth looks very different from all the rest.

Yes, the #8 (upper-right-central) incisor was lost postmortem. Apparently, they put something in its place, probably to avoid the impression that she was missing the tooth prior to her death.

I modified it in the reconstruction to make it look like a natural tooth.

But what I gather from looking at the skull is that her #7 (upper-right-lateral) incisor protrudes very slightly, and is a little bit more prominent than the adjacent teeth.

Yes, the #8 (upper-right-central) incisor was lost postmortem. Apparently, they put something in its place, probably to avoid the impression that she was missing the tooth prior to her death.

I modified it in the reconstruction to make it look like a natural tooth.

But what I gather from looking at the skull is that her #7 (upper-right-lateral) incisor protrudes very slightly, and is a little bit more prominent than the adjacent teeth.

I think your recon looks a good deal like this pic of Audrey Nerenberg. But Audrey has a small gap between her two front teeth. Is it possible to tell without that tooth if there was a small gap or not?

nerenberg_audrey2.jpg

I think your recon looks a good deal like this pic of Audrey Nerenberg. But Audrey has a small gap between her two front teeth. Is it possible to tell without that tooth if there was a small gap or not?

nerenberg_audrey2.jpg

They probably can, but I wouldn't be able to know from the photo.

nerenberg_audrey2.jpg

I do see a resemblance.

I have to say Carl's reconstruction looks more like a "real" person than the others.

I do see a resemblance.

I have to say Carl's reconstruction looks more like a "real" person than the others.

The problem with making her look too real is that some people will focus on her overall look, when they should be focusing on her facial shape.

The problem with making her look too real is that some people will focus on her overall look, when they should be focusing on her facial shape.

Absolutely, but I think the recent reconstructions have her face being too long and narrow. Yours is more in line with the original reconstruction, except that the shape of the face on yours seems to fit the skull better.

I assume you must do this in some professional capacity. I've seen what you've done on other threads and it's quite impressive!

I got some information on Patricia Vaughan's dentals that is not available publicly. She had no fillings, crowns, or missing teeth. And both her lower wisdom teeth (17 and 32) were impacted.

The Jane Doe had extensive dental work. Technically, the differences in dental work compared to a MP with clean dentals would not be a rule-out because in theory, she could have had dental work done by some other dentist after her last known appointment.

But also, there's no indication that the Jane Doe had impacted lower wisdom teeth.

Realistically, she is probably not this Jane Doe.

BTW, Patricia's DOB is 17-May-1963

How in the heck did you find that out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove