MD MD - Frederick, WhtFem 17-45, UP7477, in steamer trunk in state park, Spondylolysis, Aug'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They finally put a photo of Patricia Vaughan in her NamUs Casefile.

2797066170045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
45bea903-61e7-440c-a100-4684a0f53d0d.jpg

Those are pretty distinctive teeth, and nothing like this Jane Doe's teeth.

Bumping this UID up!!! I would love to see her have her name back!

jumping in...surprised no one has suggested kathleen durst as a possible. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/durst_kathleen.html

here is what i like:

circumstances (likely was killed by her husband in her vacation home in south salem, ny)
she had no children
she was studying to be a doctor and had been a dental hygenist (possibly when dental student work would have been done?)
close height, blondish brown hair

i did an overlay of the skeleton with two pictures of kathleen and i think it lines up pretty well....

jumping in...surprised no one has suggested kathleen durst as a possible. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/durst_kathleen.html

here is what i like:

circumstances (likely was killed by her husband in her vacation home in south salem, ny)
she had no children
she was studying to be a doctor and had been a dental hygenist (possibly when dental student work would have been done?)
close height, blondish brown hair

i did an overlay of the skeleton with two pictures of kathleen and i think it lines up pretty well....

I'd be surprised if they had not been compared. But if not, she is an excellent possible.

All of the parameters are spot-on, and her facial shape is very close to the skull.

45bea903-61e7-440c-a100-4684a0f53d0d.jpg
durst_kathleen9.jpg

They both have dentals available, kpdx or Carl, are you going to submit Kathleen? If not I will... I would be surprised too if she wasn't compared, but stranger things have happened as we all know!

They both have dentals available, kpdx or Carl, are you going to submit Kathleen? If not I will... I would be surprised too if she wasn't compared, but stranger things have happened as we all know!

Go ahead. You have had contact before with the person in charge of this case, so it would probably be better that you do the honors.

Judith Chartier was mentioned back in 2006, I wonder if she was ever compared? Here is her NamUs Profile. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5940/6/

Charley Profile http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/chartier_judith.html

Judy went missing from MA on June 5, 1982
she was 17 years old when she went missing.
She has a front tooth capped, the UID has a front tooth capped.. (but I think both front teeth are capped on the UID)

They both have dentals on file, could be an easy rule out.

I just looked on Judith's thread up in MIssing and forgotten. Someone posted awhile back that she was already ruled out for this UID, by dentals. I will contact LE about Kathleen Durst.

Also, what about Michele Reidenbach? She went missing from Zelienople PA, Sept 1981.

17 years old... she has dentals and DNA. Michele is the picture...

Carl's reconstruction.jpgMichele R.jpg Jane Doe Frederick MD.jpg

I sent an email to the Frederick MD Police Department on Monday about Michele Reidenbach and Kathleen Durst to see if they have been compared. I attached a read receipt so I would know that the email was read.... Well not even 30 minutes later I received the read receipt but I haven't gotten a response. I honestly hope they will look into those two girls or even let me know if they have been already ruled out.

Well it's been almost a month since I have sent an email to Frederick Police Dept about a possible match between Michele Reidenbach and Kathleen Durst and I have never heard back.....

I did receive an email from NamUs that they did add an exclusion/rule out to this UID.

Valerie Cuccia, missing from New York since 1974

Not sure if this one was already on the rule out list but I just noticed her:

Gina Hall, missing from Virginia since 1980.

This is one of my pet cases!!!! I wish we could get this solved!

For some reason I was just thinking about this UID yesterday. I come into work this morning and have an email from NamUs that another exclusion was added. I am not exactly sure who the new one is but here is the list:

Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
Maureen Baca 1950 California
Susan Cappel 1962 Ohio
Valarie Cuccia 1953 New York
Gina Hall 1962 Virginia
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Betty Roberts 1930 Maryland
Jeanne Scrima 1935 New York
Nancy Snow 1936 Maryland

https://identifyus.org/cases/7477

A few Missing people we have suggested in the past to LE still aren't listed as exclusions, I am wondering if they were ever looked into. I am going to call the case manager listed on the NamUs profile of the UID and ask about Michele Reidenbach missing from PA since Sept 1981. I am also going to keep looking for other possible matches..

Hi newbie here. I grew up in Frederick where the girl in the trunk was found. I was going to submit Anne Riggin but see it was already submitted years ago. The watershed area is off rt 15 between Frederick and Thumont which is straight shot to Harrisburg. The most recent composite / sketches looks exactly like her pic too. Just wondering.. How long does it take to exclude someone? Thanks.

Just wondering.. How long does it take to exclude someone? Thanks.

Welcome to websleuths. It all depends on what identifiers (i.e., DNA, Fingerprints, or dental records) are available, both for the UID and the missing person.

And with DNA, it also depends whether the DNA is mitochondrial, nuclear, or both; whether the DNA comes straight from the missing person, or a family member; and if from a family member, whether there is more than one family reference sample submitted.

There's no typical expected timeframe.

Sometimes they can rule out immediately, and sometimes it takes months or years. Sometimes, they can't rule in or out at all.

Bumping with this previously posted list of rule-outs for this JD.
Also wondering why / how it was speculated that UID might have been a dancer or cheer-leader, as opposed to being a stripper?
If nose was smaller/ shorter and jaw more narrow, I might have thought JD was Scottish or French, jmo.

"Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Maureen Baca 1950 California
Susan Cappel 1962 Ohio
Valarie Cuccia 1953 New York
Gina Hall 1962 Virginia
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Judith O'Donnell 1961 New York
Jeanne Scrima 1935 New York"

Also wondering why / how it was speculated that UID might have been a dancer or cheer-leader, as opposed to being a stripper?

The dancer/gymnast possibility was mentioned in this post by Dr. Angel because of the evidence of back problems. Dance/gymnastics/cheerleading involve hard landings from leaps, etc. that can lead to vertebral compression.

Dr. Angel also mentioned that a job involving heavy lifting was a possibility, but since she wasn't very muscular otherwise he thought that was less likely. It's back on the first page of the thread somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back