Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. Y'all have been busy. The hole continues to deepen on this case. It's a total tragedy. Total and absolute evil and lawlessness going on. My gut tells me there's more diabolism to be disclosed as time goes on.

God have mercy on the innocents involved, and their families.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Two missing Carroll County women were murdered in West Virginia, criminal complaint alleges

Danielle Tyler, 18, of Taneytown and Heather Grogg, 33, of Westminster have been murdered, according to a criminal complaint filed Monday in Berkeley County.

The complaint charges April Lynn Braner, 37, of Falling Waters, West Virginia, with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder, according to the complaint. Braner is accused of knowingly allowing her home to be used as the site where Tyler and Grogg were killed, and provided one of the murder weapons, a plastic bag.

More @ link

Two missing Carroll County women were murdered in West Virginia, criminal complaint alleges

Danielle Tyler, 18, of Taneytown and Heather Grogg, 33, of Westminster have been murdered, according to a criminal complaint filed Monday in Berkeley County.

The complaint charges April Lynn Braner, 37, of Falling Waters, West Virginia, with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder, according to the complaint. Braner is accused of knowingly allowing her home to be used as the site where Tyler and Grogg were killed, and provided one of the murder weapons, a plastic bag.

More @ link

What a bunch of evil twisted individuals. Herein lies the reason I support the death penalty. This group has a total disregard for life, and has no business being in our society at all, ever again.

That’s behind a paywall for me. Plus..nyt, so.

More @ link

Of course. Because nothing cleans up a vicious murder witnessed by several people like two more vicious murders, once again witnessed by several people, who now know about the original and the cover-up murders. And on and on it goes.

This case is going to echo on long after the arrests and convictions. My condolences to the families and friends of HG and DT. Just horrible.

If the law would have done the correct thing and not have left MM out of prison till his whole time was served. Today we would not be crying and heart broken at losing our loved ones. What those animals did to those girls is unconscionable. Why would the FBI maybe protect AB but not those poor girls? The State Correctional system should stop releasing criminals early to prevent cases like this. DT was about to graduate high school. She had a new life a head of her. HG had 4 kids that no longer have a Mom. When will the correction system ever start doing their job ? Why is it the innocent ones getting killed and the criminals get a slap on the wrist. Then they are told you have been on the best behavior. We are going to let you out early so you can go and kill again. In the mean time families are dealing with family members being murdered and have to make funeral plans and know that their loved ones don’t get to come back for good behavior. This is all my thoughts. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I am heart broken at the loss of DT. I knew her and some of her family members. May god bless all family members that are hurting today. May god comfort them to help ease the pain they are in.

Well, you know the old saying, "The cops catch them and lawyers turn them loose."

More @ link
The article also says a man named Jeff Smith allegedly killed Heather. He is not in the prison system in West Virginia but the article doesn't mention anything about him being wanted by police.

The article also says a man named Jeff Smith allegedly killed Heather. He is not in the prison system in West Virginia but the article doesn't mention anything about him being wanted by police.

I was just going to check on the West Virginia Jail and Correctional Facility Inmate search site to see if JS has been arrested. With such a common name, it may be a little difficult to find out more info on him.

All MOO

There is almost more to this story and more players involved as the days go out and the information is slowly coming out and all coming together. I believe when this whole story comes out and we know all the details this is going to be one crazy situation. Crazy this is happening in a town I grew up in

The new complaint alleges that prior to their arrest, Merrell, Day and Sanford conspired with Braner and a fourth individual named Jeff Smith to murder Tyler and Grogg.

According to the new Berkeley County complaint, Merrell, Day, and Sanford drove Grogg and Tyler to Braner’s home on April 6, telling the two women they would be safe from the ongoing criminal investigation into Riddle’s murder at that location. Merrell had been staying there for the prior week, according to the complaint.

But the complaint alleges that Merrell had brought Grogg and Tyler to the home specifically to have them killed and that Braner knew of the plan and assisted.

Across the street from Braner’s home is a “party trailer,” an old trailer with a pool table and a bathroom, according to the complaint. It was in that trailer that Sanford allegedly used a plastic bag given to him by Braner to attempt to asphyxiate Tyler, according to the complaint. Braner allegedly checked Tyler and found her to be still alive, so Sanford allegedly used the bag again to suffocate Tyler until she was dead.
‘Just so senseless’: Two missing Carroll County women were murdered in West Virginia, criminal complaint alleges

Last edited:
Merrell, meanwhile, allegedly lured Grogg away from the “party trailer” while Tyler was being murdered, and distracted her so that Smith could shoot her twice, killing her.

The criminal complaint does not include details about the remains of Tyler or Grogg.

As of 4:15 p.m. Tuesday, no charges had been filed against Day, Merrell or Sanford in Berkeley County relating to Tyler or Grogg, and no charges or information were ahttps://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/carroll/news/crime/cc-danielle-tyler-heather-grogg-dead-20200519-ypyprzh56bgbhl7kpsd4npaw3e-story.htmlvailable concerning Smith.

Seems like they would have gotten away with this if Monroe wasn’t caught. Seems to me people were given a body and went to go spread them out. As the FBI doesnt know where the bodies of HG and DT are at.
They stabbed JR in front of several witnesses. Dumb. They set JR's body on fire when it was dark so a passerby would see it. Dumb. They burned his torso but not his fingerprints. Dumb. They went to a remote area where any car would be suspect. Dumb. They crossed a state line where there is a river so they have crossed in a location with a bridge and a camera. Dumb. MM goes home and doesn't clean the blood out of the car. Dumb. He acts nervous and disappears a few days after the WV sheriff shows up. Dumb. To get rid of loose ends they kill 2 witnesses in front or more witnesses. Dumb.

I'm not agreeing with your "they would have gotten away with it...if..." at all. These are far from master criminals.

Have followed this case from day 1..so shocked and saddened to hear this news. 3 people dead..wtf...how did investigators learn of HG and DT's murders...who confessed? I'm just shocked that basically one miscreant..MM..could set in motion a horrible, horrible chain of events. Just shocked. Prayers for the victims families.

This is my first time posting. I’ve been following the case from day one as well. I have read every response in this thread. To figure this out we need to figure out

Who is John Riddle?

I have many other responses but if we can get a good convo going about the first victim we can understand what is going on. Nothing after will make sense until we understand why he was killed.

Apparently I need to say MOO lol

Hi! I’m new to this forum. Just discovered it reading about Danielle. My son went to school with Danielle and had known her for a long time. They didn’t run in the same circle of friends, but spent the last 4 years together in advisory class every day. He said she was a nice girl, but a emotional train wreck. A lot of family drama. He said it wasn’t unusual for her to come into class and lay on the floor in a curled up ball or cry and walk out of class. I had really hoped her family was hiding her. Her uncle was the fired Taneytown Police Chief- that was arrested for illegally buying and selling guns- I was hoping he had some kind of connections and she was safe somewhere.

I was searching stories and people on Facebook and stumbled upon Jeff Smith and he had posted about his mom on Mother’s Day so I clicked on his mom’s profile. I noticed where it shows a few friends pictures on the profile page that one of them was Diana Riddle- wife of Jonathan Riddle. However neither Jeff or his GF were friends with Diana. Also Danielle was Facebook friends with Jeff’s mom. Danielle was also FB friends with Jeff & his GF, Heather & Monroe. It’s crazy how intertwined this is. Also crazy that Jeff Smith posted about Danielle and Austin being missing. Apparently Austin and Jeff were pretty tight. I personally think Austin is the informant.

Anyway, on to the high school rumor mill- I don’t know who or where this information came from. My son just relayed it to me. Apparently Jeff Smith’s GF was wearing Danielle’s clothes after Danielle went missing. Also, some are saying that Jeff’s GF and kid are missing now, but one of the kids said they saw a post somewhere that the GF & kid were at Walmart yesterday with Jeff’s mom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn
Back