Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This was new to me - I don't know what precipitated MM's being at Cedar Ridge, but someone must have been trying to get him some help maybe?

In January 2016 MM was charged with minor possession of alcohol (charges were dropped). His address on that record is listed as 12146 Cedar Ridge Road, Williamsport, MD.

He was also charged with having a dangerous weapon on school property and possession of paraphernalia (charges placed on stet). His address was 11033 Arnold Lane, Williamsport, MD

Both addresses appear to be the location of Cedar Ridge School Cedar Ridge School and Cedar Ridge Children's Home
Cedar Ridge Children's Home

For those not from the area, Williamsport is a small town right across the Potomac from West Virginia.

Maryland Judiciary Case Search Disclaimer

MOO

This was new to me - I don't know what precipitated MM's being at Cedar Ridge, but someone must have been trying to get him some help maybe?

In January 2016 MM was charged with minor possession of alcohol (charges were dropped). His address on that record is listed as 12146 Cedar Ridge Road, Williamsport, MD.

He was also charged with having a dangerous weapon on school property and possession of paraphernalia (charges placed on stet). His address was 11033 Arnold Lane, Williamsport, MD

Both addresses appear to be the location of Cedar Ridge School Cedar Ridge School and Cedar Ridge Children's Home
Cedar Ridge Children's Home

For those not from the area, Williamsport is a small town right across the Potomac from West Virginia.

MOO
And this home for troubled youth where MM lived is 5 miles from Falling Waters, WV, where DT and HG were killed. MM seems to have connections to that area.

From above MSM
Thank you @wvresident

A Westminster woman who police alleged was involved in a murder had her case dismissed in West Virginia court Thursday.

Emily R. Day, 27, had been charged with being an accessory to murder, before and after the fact, involving the death of Taneytown resident Jonathan Riddle, whose body was found in Rippon, West Virginia on March 18, according to charging documents. Day pleaded not guilty to the charge April 29, court records indicate.

Day had a preliminary hearing Thursday morning in Jefferson County court before Magistrate Vicki D’Angelo, according to court records. The case was dismissed for lack of probable cause, according to a court clerk.

Why has Berkeley County not charged ERD with anything? Sounds like conspiracy to commit murder if she drove HG and DT to the place where they were killed. Accessory to murder, intimidating a witness, concealing a dead body, etc. Plenty of charges possible.

"After Riddle died, Sanford, along with Westminster residents Monroe Merrell and Emily Day — who also have been charged in Riddle’s murder — drove Grogg and Tyler to Braner’s home in Falling Waters on April 6, telling the two women they would be safe there from the ongoing criminal investigation into Riddle’s murder, according to the criminal complaint."

This story has already been posted in this forum but here is the MSM link.
Westminster man charged in West Virginia with murder, is transported there

Why has Berkeley County not charged ERD with anything? Sounds like conspiracy to commit murder if she drove HG and DT to the place where they were killed. Accessory to murder, intimidating a witness, concealing a dead body, etc. Plenty of charges possible.

RSBM

We don't really know how much evidence LE has at this point. I am just guessing, but they may be still gathering enough evidence and deciding which charges will be worth going after.

I'm wondering if they believe they will find the bodies and want to wait until they have them for physical evidence.

Just my own opinion.

And this home for troubled youth where MM lived is 5 miles from Falling Waters, WV, where DT and HG were killed. MM seems to have connections to that area.
In May, 2018 DS was released on $800 bail posted by someone in Falling Waters, WV.

Case Number:06-C-13-062977

It seems MM and DS have connections to that area going back years.

From above MSM
Thank you @wvresident

A Westminster woman who police alleged was involved in a murder had her case dismissed in West Virginia court Thursday.

Emily R. Day, 27, had been charged with being an accessory to murder, before and after the fact, involving the death of Taneytown resident Jonathan Riddle, whose body was found in Rippon, West Virginia on March 18, according to charging documents. Day pleaded not guilty to the charge April 29, court records indicate.

Day had a preliminary hearing Thursday morning in Jefferson County court before Magistrate Vicki D’Angelo, according to court records. The case was dismissed for lack of probable cause, according to a court clerk.
I feel so sad for ERD’s babies. They lost both parents, was getting use to new people taking care of them. Now mommy comes back home. Kids are so happy to be with Mommy. These kids are really young. What is going to happen to the babies if she get’s arrested and once again leaves her babies. So sad these little sweet babies didn’t ask for this. I feel sad what this could do to these babies. And maybe she was threaten to aid in helping the guys. Maybe she was scared to death of them. So many stories going around. I don’t know what to believe. Guess we will have to wait and see what LE have against her. I just feel for the babies. MOO

Update:

Before Taneytown man was killed in West Virginia, police say dispute started in Westminster over drugs

By Mary Grave Keller, CARROLL COUNTY TIMES JUN 01, 2020

A party with the Pagans Motorcycle Club, an argument over drugs and a torched car are among new details related to the investigation of a Taneytown man’s death in West Virginia that police have raised in court.

<modsnip: Link to article was corrected, and copyright violation of more than 10% of article. Please read the Copyright Rules>

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Before Taneytown man was killed in West Virginia, police say dispute started in Westminster over drugs

By Mary Grave Keller, CARROLL COUNTY TIMES JUN 01, 2020

A party with the Pagans Motorcycle Club, an argument over drugs and a torched car are among new details related to the investigation of a Taneytown man’s death in West Virginia that police have raised in court.

<modsnip: Link to article was corrected, and copyright violation of more than 10% of article. Please read the Copyright Rules>

It seems every time an new article comes out. I have more questions then answers. Who and what people did change. I understand the investigation is still going on. Do they really know who drove JR’s or him to West Virginia? I thought JB did, but from this article MM did. Were the girls at the house when JR got stabbed? From this article Holz suspects or guessing they were there. They really don't Know? Do the Pagans just let anyone come to their parties? Under age kids? No one has ever mentioned if the gun used to kill HG was ever found. The most important question is where are the bodies? The families and close friends of DT and HG need closure to move on and start healing from all the hurt and pain they are feeling. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Smith's preliminary hearing in WV is scheduled for today, according to the news article posted above. Hopefully there will be a news report today or tomorrow with an update on this case.

MOO
I hope it isn't a report that he is being released. Wish just one of them would say where the bodies are?

Last edited:
There appears to be a new article about the case in today's edition of Spirit of Jefferson. It has a pay wall and I can't read it. Can anyone else see it?

Hopefully new details from today's hearing.
Thanks.

MOO
Witnesses add more details in three murders
snipped
RIPPON
Witnesses add more details in three murders
  • By Tim Cook
  • Jun 3, 2020 Updated Jun 3, 2020
5ea0410d23e6a.image.jpg

Jonathan Riddle

It all started, and then unfolded in a violent and pitiless series of reactive decisions, over a dispute involving $40 worth of illegal drugs, according to police.

Three savage, deliberate murders. A vicious stabbing, beating and kidnapping. An execution with a handgun. A barehanded suffocation. Burned bodies and evidence. Through a ruthless deceit, two unsuspecting women were lured to their deaths for seeing, hearing and knowing too much.

Justice can't come soon enough.

This is beyond horrific.... what evil heartless cowards.

Justice for Jonathan, Heather and most of all Danille whom was to be graduating right about now. I hope and pray ED and JS never see these innocent children they had accompany them to end the lives of three human beings.

Oh and let's train the minors (MM) and your wannabe crew JMO to obtain gas to set humans and vehicles on fire. To cover up murders and be a witness to such horror that they will never be able to forget. JMO

I am so sorry for the collateral damage left behind for these innocent families who are grieving their hearts out.

Danielle poor sweet girl never knew what true love felt like.

I want to know why Emily Day is out and charges dismissed!!! Well is she the star witness now. Or will she be on their little to do list next.
I hope her children are safe, and being cared for.
I just can't understand this kind of evil. The detective and the FBI knew early on April 7th MOO that both HG and DT was missing and in severe danger.
I will never figure out how MM was let out of prison in the first place.
SMH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284
Back