Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as MSM, the FBI post, family, friends.. they are critically missing and assumed to be in danger NOT being sought out as accessories or involved with the actual murder that occurred.

In one of the recent articles I read, they stated that Heather did speak with WV Detectives before she went missing.. IMO Heather said something or hinted to the fact that she was scared for her life or scared in general, I don't believe she had any prior knowledge of or anything to do with his murder. I still have no idea if Dani was there or not when it occurred. Given the fact that Heather was a witness or at least was in the residence when JR was first stabbed, I believe that would be cause enough to encourage the families to file a missing persons report.

Dani is 18.. no bank account, no savings, no job, no car.

Heather has been through some stuff with her kids obviously, she was a live in babysitter for DS and ED.. probably babysitting in exchange for living there. Babysitting was her job so probably has no income as well, no car..

I honestly don't believe the FBI would be posting the missing persons case as them being critically missing and in danger if they were actually hiding them in Witness Protection.. Idk.. it just doesn't make any sense to me if the FBI had them would it be getting this much coverage from MSM??

Either way, I hope they find the girls soon.. I see HG's sister posting pics and messages to her sister.. Dani's family is a wreck.. I can't imagine how I would feel if it was my daughter. So scary and so sad..

Although you can't be right about the date they were murdered, I am inclined to agree that they are deceased. This group of people, whatever their motives and affiliation, are very violent but not apparently very savvy. I find it difficult to believe they could be hiding 2 adult women this convincingly. Also, teens talk to people constantly, on social media, on Snapchat, via text. I would love to be wrong, but I believe Danielle would have reached out to someone by now if she could.

ETA: something that keeps nagging me is in MSM, the Danielle's grandma says that LE encouraged her to file a missing persons report. If she were being sought as an accessory to the crime by LE and was on the run I can't imagine LE caring about a missing persons report-they'd have a BOLO out in multiple states. However, if they think she might be deceased in another state, the MP report could be important. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe nothing, but stood out to me.

Idk I,just have this feeling that they are not deceased...

I dont think MM, DS, JB, or ED hurt DT or HG, it just doesnt make sense. Also they were last seen on April 6 which was literal days after the jefferson county sheriff's spoke with HG about the crime, its just weird to disappear days after police come to talk to them, also there were other ppl there so far it's known that MM, DS, JB, ED, HG, DT & AB were all present during the attack, so why not kill AB too or ED for that matter? AB is likely the informant, and the girls know that if they appear they will also be charged as accessory before & after like ED... I believe ED didnt run due to her having kids and her relationship to DS. But By the time the girls left MM was already on the run down to VA to hide. I truly think these girls are hiding. The gang theory seems ok but if they were doing a hit for inniation to pagen Brotherhood, they wouldnt have had so many ppl involved, the amount of ppl present tells me somthing happened that night in that apt and things got out of hand, I mean sure MM DS & JB are violent but if they were doing this for the pagan brotherhood, it wouldnt be allowed, they like clean, untraceable hits not a bunch of witnesses and gfs sitting around, if the pagan brotherhood is involved they would have told the boys be smart I would assume... Thats my opinion but ppl are not rational so I mean it could be that...,

As far as MSM, the FBI post, family, friends.. they are critically missing and assumed to be in danger NOT being sought out as accessories or involved with the actual murder that occurred.

In one of the recent articles I read, they stated that Heather did speak with WV Detectives before she went missing.. IMO Heather said something or hinted to the fact that she was scared for her life or scared in general, I don't believe she had any prior knowledge of or anything to do with his murder. I still have no idea if Dani was there or not when it occurred. Given the fact that Heather was a witness or at least was in the residence when JR was first stabbed, I believe that would be cause enough to encourage the families to file a missing persons report.

Dani is 18.. no bank account, no savings, no job, no car.

Heather has been through some stuff with her kids obviously, she was a live in babysitter for DS and ED.. probably babysitting in exchange for living there. Babysitting was her job so probably has no income as well, no car..

I honestly don't believe the FBI would be posting the missing persons case as them being critically missing and in danger if they were actually hiding them in Witness Protection.. Idk.. it just doesn't make any sense to me if the FBI had them would it be getting this much coverage from MSM??

Either way, I hope they find the girls soon.. I see HG's sister posting pics and messages to her sister.. Dani's family is a wreck.. I can't imagine how I would feel if it was my daughter. So scary and so sad..
Clhart, welcome to Web Sleuths! As someone with direct contact to friends and family you could be a Verified Insider. Typically here we are not supposed to talk much about things that are on Facebook, twitter, and other social media because anyone can say anything there so it is hard to figure out fact from fiction. As a Verified Insider the rules (technically Terms of Service) are broader, you can post about conversations, texts, etc, things that can't be verified be looking at news stories.

Hopefully this case won't go on that long or have many twists, but if it does please consider becoming a VI.

Also CC_resident, if you are still following, same info for you. We like having insiders here.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Also keep mind its been broadcasted in MSM that those charged with accessory before & after the fact (like ED) in WV carries the same consequence as 1st degree murder... So keep in mind these girls have that hanging over there head.... Also I'm just spittballing ideas, I do live close to this case but I am older & dont know these specific kids, but upon hearing from those who do know them, it just seems to me that the plan was to rob JR but something happened. Think about it: HG invites JR to come buy the product he shows up he knows her, knows her history and is confident he can obtain the drugs (NOT because she is a dealer but because JR knows that HG lives with ppl,who sell drugs- its been said previously in this thread MM started selling drugs again) then the boys arrive presumably to rob him and somthing is said or happenes or JR fights back, then the attack happens and disposal, then they split up to try to pretend it didnt happen & try to avoid being arrested, but they are not the smartest criminals and didnt know JR had told his wife where he was going, so once JR is identified & police talk to his wife the first tip is to go to that apt. They do and everything unravels because they locate a witness (AB) and even tho the girls didnt do the murder or may not truly have even known that it was going to happen but at this point JR is dead and the police are clearly onto MM DS JB and its only a matter of time more will fall (ex: ED gets arrested a few days after) HG & DT know that at some point the police will be looking for them, HG breifly spoke with sheriff before she left and knew they would be coming back, DTs grandma even said, the police came to speak with DT. About the attack but then found out she had already left/gone missing... Now they both have been MIA for almost a month now... Which usually might be difficult to do but they dissappear during COVID when most ppl are inside anyways and not to mention it took a little bit of time for them to even broadcast their missing posters/pics nationally, so that doesnt help... I HOPE I am right and I HOPE that DT HG resurface...

**I'm friends with DT on social media

**I also used to live that life of addiction, and crime and so along with my own past exp as well as what ive heard from ppl who live in Westminster , MSM as well as this awesome forum, that is just one possible scenario** all is speculation...

*Also after reading and learning about MMs previous arrest for kidnapping it is clear this guy has issues selling drugs properly, last time he was selling drugs he slashed the buyers tires and kidnapped one of the women!! So its not shocking MM could have easily flipped and killed JR for some reason..*

RSBM

Do we know when MM left for Virginia Beach? Could he have taken DT and HG with him to hide them?

The arrest warrants were issued April 9, MM was found in VA on April 15,
Virginia beach is approx a 5 hour drive from Warminster, he clearly left before April 9 so at the latest we can say he left April 8, but he was also approached in (im assuming late March) by the sheriffs when they found the Malibu, I would think he fled asap after that but there hasnt been a clear indication on what day he left... The girls disappeared on April 6 so THERE IS a 2-3 day time period that MM could have done somthing before he left town... But I think he left town right away once he knew the police had him with the car and injured hand...

I don't see how either of the two could have turned informant and still spent time with the perps. That seems dangerous and unlikely for them to do.

Im confused.. Do you mean HG & DT turned informant? I beleieve AB is the informant, he was present for the attack, had a brief VERY brief missing period...then radio silence... Hes not missing or arrested...

I live near the area this went down. I don't know any of the players though.

MOO.....

Either HG and DT are dead.

OR, they have been kidnapped and are being held against their will.

OR, they are in protective custody

OR they are in hiding/on the run

I imagine this could be an FBI sting operation gone bad. JR doesn't appear to be the BIG TIME drug dealing operative. He comes across to me as a possible small time user. But again, I really don't know, just speculating. He may not be in to drugs at all. Heck, drugs may not even be a part of the story here.

For now, I'm leaning toward the two women being on the run/in hiding, so as to avoid charges in this case.

I don't think this murder was a gang initiation. It may have been a robbery gig gone bad, but how much money do you really think JR had on him at the time? If he was a big drug operator, maybe he had a lot of cash and was to make a big purchase. I'm doubting it though.

Crazy case it is, for sure.

Carry on :)

The only problem with that theory is Riddle met Grogg late on March 17th in Westminster, he was stabbed twice and transported to WV around 7:30 am on the 18th.. Dani and Heather were seen after the murder and were not reported missing until April 6th.
Ah! That is right.. The timeline doesn't make my thinking of what happened possible.
I will be shocked if they are still alive. I just don't see how they can be.

Sadly, statistically, and just gut feeling, they're both dead and have been since the night Riddle was murdered. IMO obviously, but let's be logical and realistic. With what they saw, were part of and likely said in moments of great fear all lead to them having been killed to keep them from talking.

Would love to know of some cases where two women go missing, after being part of a murder, and one has children... And they aren't dead.

Life isn't like movies in situations like this.

They aren't on the run, laying low and living off some money they had saved up, avoiding all social media and cameras waiting this all out.
That just doesn't happen.
I will be happily shocked to be proven wrong, but I think they were killed within hours of Riddle.
IMO.
They were not killed the night of the murder. Because they went missing April 6th. The murder took place March 17-18th.

I was getting confused about timing so I put together a timeline from MSM articles. Not sure how to attach links to individual MSM articles for each line, I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has done this before. For any mod reading this I can send a spreadsheet with MSM links for everything listed below.

1/17/2020 Monroe Merrell is released from prison on a kidnapping charge after being sentenced to 20 years in 2017. All but 5 years of his sentence were suspended.
March 2020 Danielle Tyler breaks up with her boyfriend and begins dating Monroe Merrell.
3/11/2020 The last time MM spoke to his probation agent.
3/17/2020 Jonathan Riddle goes to the 300 block of East Main Street, Westminster, MD to visit his friend Heather Grogg. Grogg was the live-in babysitter to the children of David Sanford, Jr and Emily Rose Day. DS and ERD rented the apartment. MM and DT occasionally stay at this apartment, per DT's grandmother.
3/17-18/2020 In "the early hours" several people including Sanford, Day, and Merrell arrive at the apartment.
3/17-18/2020 Emily Day hands out gloves to "those involved" to prevent getting DNA on their hands.
3/17-18/2020 A fight breaks out between Riddle and Monroe Merrell. Merrell restrains Riddle and tells David Sanford to stab him. Sanford stabs Riddle twice in the abdomen. Riddle tries to escape but is tied up with a bed sheet.
3/18/2020 Riddle is driven to Rippon, WV where he is stabbed numerous times and set on fire.
3/18/2020 7:34 am A passing motorist reports a body on fire to police in Rippon, WV. Jefferson County (WV) Sheriff's Office responds to a remote area near the intersection of Ward Clipp Rd and Smith Rd. They find Riddle's body on fire approximately 40 feet off the road. There is a large pool of blood at the road and a trail of blood to the burning body. Police extinguish the fire.
3/18/2020 4:30 pm Jonathan Riddle's wife files a missing person report with Taneytown Police.
3/18/2020 5:30 pm Police, including a West Virginia Sheriff, arrive at Jonathan Riddle's house.
3/18-20/2020 WV police link a 2015 Chevrolet Malibu with Maryland license plates to the crime.
3/20/2020 Police locate the Chevrolet Malibu on Stone Road in Westminster. MM is found at that location and police report he is nervous and has a cut on his hand. Blood is found in the car.
4/4/2020 The last time HG speaks with her sister.
4/6/2020 The last time Danielle Tyler is heard from. She texts her grandmother “MeMaw, I think I am going to turn my phone off for a little bit. I’m not sure, I am just tired of all the drama.”
4/6/2020 Heather Grogg reported missing by her mother.
4/6/2020 Danielle Tyler and Heather Grogg are considered to be critically missing and in danger per Maryland State Police.
4/9/2020 Arrest warrants are issued for MM and DS for 1st degree murder and kidnapping of JR.
4/9/2020 DS is arrested and brought to Carroll County Detention Center. He does not fight extradition and is transferred to West Virginia.
4/14/2020 11:25 am DS is booked at Eastern Regional Jail in West Virginia.
4/14/2020 Arrest warrant issued for JB for 1st degree murder, kidnapping, and conspiracy to commit murder.
4/15/2020 MM is arrested by US Marshall Service in Virginia Beach on a fugitive from justice warrant. He is charged with 1st degree murder and kidnapping.
4/15/2020 JB is arrested and charged with 1st degree murder, kidnapping, and conspiracy
4/20/2020 3:15 pm JB is booked into Eastern Regional Jail in WV.
4/20/2020 Maryland Center for Missing and Unidentified Persons posts "Please be on the lookout for Danielle Tyler, 18 year old, missing from Taneytown, Carroll County, Maryland since April 6, 2020. She may be traveling with Heather Grogg, 33 year old, also reported as missing."
4/23/2020 DS is moved to Potomac Heights Regional Jail.
4/24/2020 Emily Day is arrested and charged with being an accessory before and after the fact.
4/28/2020 ERD hearing at Carroll County District Court. ERD waives extradition to WV.
5/18/2020 MM extradition hearing scheduled.

* on the night of the murder I am listing events as "3/17-18" because some MSM articles allege the initial stabbing was 3/17 while others say early am 3/18. No trying to be vague but trying to be realistic, late night 3/17 or after midnight isn't too significant here IMO.

wow, what a mess!
At first I definitely believed these two women were silenced, but as I keep thinking, I just can't believe there wouldn't be any evidence of their murders... these young men are not bright at all and I can't see them getting "better" at murder while under so much pressure and with very little time left before apprehension..
I also keep thinking about the fact that heather acted like she didn't know what her sister was talking about when Riddle's obit was released.. its quite possible that she did in fact lure him there. Then she's questioned by LE and realizes its time to leave before she spills the beans and incriminates herself. I wonder if AB told LE that Heather and Dani were in fact present for the assault in the home?
My big concern though is young naive Dani- were Heather and Dani so close that they'd rough it together on the run?
motive and extent of premeditation are things I can't quite get down in my head.. s0 many families and lives ruined... :(

So Merrill wants to fight extradition. What is the point?
I have seen multiple references to AB being at the apartment when Riddle was stabbed but I have seen nothing in main stream media confirming that. Is this just a matter of opinion (I do see where people could think he was there) but do we have any confirmation?
MOO

So Merrill wants to fight extradition. What is the point?
I have seen multiple references to AB being at the apartment when Riddle was stabbed but I have seen nothing in main stream media confirming that. Is this just a matter of opinion (I do see where people could think he was there) but do we have any confirmation?
MOO

There has been no MSM confirming AB is there they refer to an informant (who was there and witnessed the attack to tell police who/what happened- my logical assumption, due to the informant having that info) .. As for MSM 'missing' articles related to AB there was only 1- its a 'planet missing' article on Twitter, it states that HG, DT, & AB were missing.. & also,explains the murder/arrest of MM DS JB.... You can see the link early on in this thread, about page 1 -3 I think... Also in the first few posts of this thread someone who knows ABs family said he was infact missing but then its been radio silence, no MSM articles talking about him, no police arrests or charges, so that is why I believe he is the informant, because the FBI made it clear they were only looking for HG and DT now... I'll go search and see if I can find anything concrete but the reason ppl think he's the informant is because he was there (according to planet missing and word around town westminster MD), then missing for like a day then nothing. I guess we will find out for sure once this goes to trial...

*all my posts are based off MSM articles, discussion in this thread, my own feelings/gut.,, ***

There has been no MSM confirming AB is there they refer to an informant (who was there and witnessed the attack to tell police who/what happened- my logical assumption, due to the informant having that info) .. As for MSM 'missing' articles related to AB there was only 1- its a 'planet missing' article on Twitter, it states that HG, DT, & AB were missing.. & also,explains the murder/arrest of MM DS JB.... You can see the link early on in this thread, about page 1 -3 I think... Also in the first few posts of this thread someone who knows ABs family said he was infact missing but then its been radio silence, no MSM articles talking about him, no police arrests or charges, so that is why I believe he is the informant, because the FBI made it clear they were only looking for HG and DT now... I'll go search and see if I can find anything concrete but the reason ppl think he's the informant is because he was there (according to planet missing and word around town westminster MD), then missing for like a day then nothing. I guess we will find out for sure once this goes to trial...

*all my posts are based off MSM articles, discussion in this thread, my own feelings/gut.,, ***

That is what I thought, and may very well be true; I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss something. I know there are connections between the entire group. I do worry for AB's wife and child. I can't imagine what some of these families are going thru. As a parent, I cannot imagine a child of mine being involved in something like this! All MOO

MM should never of been let out in Jan of this year from Prison. What a evil mean violent criminal he is. In MOO I think he was the catalyst of this murder.
I wish DT would of never crossed paths with him or this group of people.

I am seeing quite a few cases of high schoolers getting in trouble or vicitims of Crime's since the school's shut down due to the Covid-19 virus.

I do hope the family of the victim Mr Riddle is being treated well. Also DT's grandma and HG's children.

I hope both DT and HG are in a safe house. But my hope is running low.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back