Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"on the run" ... To me that really only happens now a days in movies/tv. It's just not realistic with all the ways you can trace people. With how long they would be on the run at this point... Not likely. I just don't see any way that they're not dead :(

Imo

FBI Pittsburgh still has DT right on front page. Listed as Wanted/Missing.

Pittsburgh — FBI

Whats odd about this MSM article is that when you click on the photo of DT it brings you to her missing poster, but her picture is located in the "most wanted" tab.... As in when you click on the photo it brings you to the information on DT, but its under the most wanted section of the website.... Hmmm ? Weird? So DT is missing & * wanted* ? They would point to her being on the run, trying to evade LE--- thoughts?

Whats odd about this MSM article is that when you click on the photo of DT it brings you to her missing poster, but her picture is located in the "most wanted" tab.... As in when you click on the photo it brings you to the information on DT, but its under the most wanted section of the website.... Hmmm ? Weird? So DT is missing & * wanted* ? They would point to her being on the run, trying to evade LE--- thoughts?
I thought that was suspicious too but I am pretty convinced it is just an odd way to put the information out there. Under where it says Most Wanted you can click on "Fugitives" and see some bad dudes. If you click on "Kidnappings/Missing Persons" you will see DT and a frightening number of other missing people. Some are infants so clearly not Most Wanted for committing crimes.

JMO

It has been over 34 days the girls have been missing. DT’s grandmother is still not giving up hope to find her granddaughter alive. I know the grandmother and she posted no news in 34 days. She says the FBI won’t tell them anything because it could hurt the investigation. Don’t the families have a right to hear about their loved ones. I can’t even begin to know how the families all feel with not getting any news from the FBI. 34 days.... So we need to keep this post moving forward and hope and pray there will a reunion of the girls with their families.

SBM as reminder from FBI Pittsburgh
Re: Dani and Heather still missing and unaccounted for.

In a statement, FBI Pittsburgh said it “works closely with our law enforcement partners to investigate threats to the community. The safety and welfare of those involved and the integrity of any investigation are always the first priorities for the FBI. At this time, we are not able to release any additional information. Anyone with information about the whereabouts of these two women is asked to call FBI Pittsburgh or local police. We do also want to assure the community that there is no wider threat to public safety at this time.”

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the FBI’s Pittsburgh Field Office at (412) 432-4000, your local FBI office, Maryland State Police, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. You can also call 911.

I thought that was suspicious too but I am pretty convinced it is just an odd way to put the information out there. Under where it says Most Wanted you can click on "Fugitives" and see some bad dudes. If you click on "Kidnappings/Missing Persons" you will see DT and a frightening number of other missing people. Some are infants so clearly not Most Wanted for committing crimes.

JMO

Good point!!! I also am of that belief now, I just thought it was weird wording and placement.

Man still no word & yes i agree I believe the families have been told to stay silent as well... I really hope they can figure this out and bring the girls home...

Another possibility (although, it is a little out there ...but just spittballing! Lol I love that word, spittballing...)
What if HG & DT did leave on their own and were on run, but met someone who they thought they could trust but has them as hostage or worse, deceased... I know its a little out there... But I mean if they were on the run, they likely would be putting trust in random ppl to help them along their way (that is if no 1 they know is helping them) what if they put trust in the wrong person? This world is crazy...

Another thing I want to bring up is that there hasnt been any search parties (that im aware of) that have ppl searching for these girls.. I know usually those type of searches are body recovery, but with over a month of missing & no word it wouldnt hurt to have some search parties....i would totally go out and help search... That is somthing I think is odd, esp. With cases that have national media attention.... So could that mean the FBI is confident these girls are alive & on the run? Maybe the COVID19 is the reason for no search party?.... Hmmm.. Just some thoughts I was thinking about !

I hope everyone is staying as safe as they can and I hope you all will come out of this pandemic stronger!

"on the run" ... To me that really only happens now a days in movies/tv. It's just not realistic with all the ways you can trace people. With how long they would be on the run at this point... Not likely. I just don't see any way that they're not dead :(

Imo

Analyzing possible scenarios for HG/DT disappearance:

Good point, I touched on this in a few of my previous posts. If they were on the run (& smart) they wouldnt have brought their phones (although DT seemed to love posting on social media so that may have been difficult but if she wanted to be suscessful in hiding she would know that phones/social media is super easy to track with GPS)... So assuming they had no phones (or they bought a old nokia burner that cannot connected to wifi or have GPS-) that would be the only way to have a phone that cant be tracked in real time by LE.. So assuming no phones, no previous bank account- so they didnt have much $ to begin with, but they also dont have to worry about being tracked by cards ECT.. Cash is their best way to go assuming they can get some (which can be easy for women in that lifestyle.,. Im just saying theres alot of ways to make money in shady situations) ... But theres still some holes like the car? They are either on foot or in a car but the use of a car would point to them having help because they didnt own cars before they left.... Also shelter--- tbh, most places wont let you stay if you dont pay or offer something.. so they could be using seedy motels pay by cash...but that would require a steady stream of cash as even cheap seedy hotels will set you back 60$+ a night ... Not to mention they would need an ID of some sort....which they can't use their own so it would have to be a fake... I doubt they had fake documents laying around, also to get said documents you would again need $$ as well as someone who is skilled in making or procuring those IDs/passports..... They could be staying with someone who isnt willing to rat on them...but im sure police checked with all close friends so this person, would have to be a 'stranger' or someone they met on the run...and I'm not sure what DT & HG could offer this person for their help and for their silence.. as we discussed, they didnt have $$ to bribe ppl or live off of... Okay so what about hiding in the woods of Appalachia??? Well thats always a possibility however, nothing has been mentioned that would explain how these girls would have the skill set to live off the grid for any period of time in the wilderness, so I highly doubt that option...

Anyone else have any hypotheticals we can analyze?! This is all helpful!!! Keep up the good work guys!

I just don't have a good sense of what happened with these two.
  • JR murdered March 18th
  • HF & DT last seen April 6th
  • DS arrested April 10th
  • MM arrested April 15th
  • JB arrested April 20th
  • ED arrested April 27th
Danielle went through a break-up in March and recently began dating Merrell, Sherry told Oxygen.com. She said that Danielle began hanging out with him and a new group of friends following her break-up — becoming more secretive and spending nights away from the home she shares with Sherry and her siblings. In early April she came over to gather some clothes, and she declined to share details about what she'd been up to recently, Sherry said.

On Apr. 6, Sherry said she received a text from Danielle’s phone which stated that she was tired of drama. The text said she was shutting her phone off. Sherry said that was out of character for Danielle.

Two Woman, A High School Student And A Mother, Both Missing And 'In Danger' As Connection To Murder Suspects Surface

HG & DT disappeared before any arrests were made. None of the others fled, except for MM.

Does it make sense that the two people, who to our knowledge were not actively involved in the murder, would flee? Were they involved?

DT gathering clothing and telling Sherry she was shutting off her phone, could be indicative of leaving. But someone other than her could also have sent that text.

For every plausible argument, there is an equally plausible opposite theory.

You would be surprised. I remember following one case on here several years ago—a teenage girl was missing from somewhere in the northeast. I want to say she lived in Massachusetts but I can’t be certain... maybe Connecticut.

Anyway, she was missing for weeks and weeks. She hadn’t been to school, her social media accounts were inactive, and her friends hadn’t heard a word from her. Her car was found parked in some random parking lot early on in the investigation, I think.

After she’d been missing for more than a month (several vigils had been held and everything), her bf’s dad came home early from work one day, unexpectedly, and there she was sitting at his kitchen table.

Her bf was a good bit older than she was but still lived at home with his dad. She‘d been staying with him the entire time, and his dad didn’t have a clue. LE had even questioned him several times. IIRC, he ended up getting arrested for obstruction but I’m not sure what came of it. I just remember being shocked that she’d been there the whole time and no one had a clue. I think she ran away because she got in some trivial argument with her mom or something. The bf had a job that he went to everyday and everything. Craziness.

I just wanted to bring this forward from the helpful timeline back a few pages.

4/6/2020 The last time Danielle Tyler is heard from. She texts her grandmother “MeMaw, I think I am going to turn my phone off for a little bit. I’m not sure, I am just tired of all the drama.”

That sounds like DT was definitely planning on going underground for at least a little while. She let's her grandma know that her phone will be off so that she doesn't worry if she tries to contact her - however, phone off = can't be traced. Killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

Whatever happened after that is anyone's guess and the fact the homicide detectives asked her Grandma to report her missing is highly alarming.

I just wanted to bring this forward from the helpful timeline back a few pages.

4/6/2020 The last time Danielle Tyler is heard from. She texts her grandmother “MeMaw, I think I am going to turn my phone off for a little bit. I’m not sure, I am just tired of all the drama.”

That sounds like DT was definitely planning on going underground for at least a little while. She let's her grandma know that her phone will be off so that she doesn't worry if she tries to contact her - however, phone off = can't be traced. Killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

Whatever happened after that is anyone's guess and the fact the homicide detectives asked her Grandma to report her missing is highly alarming.
I do not think it was DT that sent that text, and I think she was killed shortly after.

imo

Has the location of Jr's car been mentioned? Is that the vehicle they used to take him to W. VA?

On the page for Jr's family, it was mentioned JR's car was destroyed so I assumed they used his car to get there, or took multiple cars, including Jr's.

All my own opinion.

Has the location of Jr's car been mentioned? Is that the vehicle they used to take him to W. VA?

On the ******** page for Jr's family, it was mentioned JR's car was destroyed so I assumed they used his car to get there, or took multiple cars, including Jr's.

All my own opinion.
If they destroyed his car. They had to have another in West Virginia . So wonder when they found blood in MM’s car who’s blood was found? JR or Dt? Or maybe it was MM’s he did have a cut on his hand when cops questioned him.

If they destroyed his car. They had to have another in West Virginia . So wonder when they found blood in MM’s car who’s blood was found? JR or Dt? Or maybe it was MM’s he did have a cut on his hand when cops questioned him.
Also been thinking when did DT go to grandmother s house to get clothes? Wonder the date? Close to when she went missing? Who was with her at the time? It was mentioned that Dt wouldn’t tell her grandmother where she was going or what had she been doing. Where was she living? Is it possible that HG and DT left with MM? Is so what happened to them?!! Did MM do something to then or did he take them somewhere safe?!?

I think she did due to the language used. The grandma would have said if she didn't believe the text was from her.

I agree that it's possible she could have been killed a short time after.
She could have sent the text under duress.

I agree with whoever said HG & DT could have left the area with MM (dead or alive). He was found in Virginia, have they searched the areas he was known to frequent there?

I think she did due to the language used. The grandma would have said if she didn't believe the text was from her.

I agree that it's possible she could have been killed a short time after.
The grandmother said after DT went missing. She now thinks the text was not from her granddaughter. If not from her granddaughter. Who had DT phone and sent the text to grandmother?

She could have sent the text under duress.

I agree with whoever said HG & DT could have left the area with MM (dead or alive). He was found in Virginia, have they searched the areas he was known to frequent there?

Agreed, I guess the point I was trying to make (not very well) is that I do think the text was written by her hand, in what circumstances is anyone's guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth
Back