GUILTY MD - Korryn Gaines, 23, fatally shot by Baltimore police, 1 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it ended the only way it could have because she herself pushed it too far. The cops were very patient but it can only go for so long until they needed to end it.

They are the professionals. It got into a situation of no return. Her big deal was vehicle tickets. How absurd.

They are the professionals. It got into a situation of no return. Her big deal was vehicle tickets. How absurd.

No, her 'big deal' was holding her child hostage, pointing a loaded shotgun at cops, threatening to kill them, and resisting arrest for a legal warrant and refusing to surrender by violent means.

During the barricade, negotiators made every effort to talk to the woman and encourage her to surrender peacefully. She refused and pointed the long gun at tactical officers several times. There was a clear line of sight from where the officers were staged in the hallway through the open door to where Gaines was positioned inside the apartment.

http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/iWatch/keyword/shooting?from=4&to=6

They started out hostile by kicking in the door. That would get anyone uptight.

They started off by giving her a ticket, that she ignored and turned into a warrant. Then, they knocked on her door. She refused to open it. Are cops not suppose to pursue people with warrants? I really don't understand. And I'm still trying. If police can't go in and serve a warrant and arrest people, we will have criminals running around without fear of repercussions.

Let's look at it like this.
Let's say those officers went to arrest a close family member and there was a child there, also a close family member. How do you think they would have handled the situation then? Would they then place maximum value on this human life? All lives matter, right?

That's how I look at it anyway.

They should have not gone to the home where there are two young children . There should have been info on what she is like. That is only prudent.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative. But these children were in a dope house, with someone who threatened police with a gun. That's an exact situation where police need to come in and remove the children.

They should have not gone to the home where there are two young children . There should have been info on what she is like. That is only prudent.
How would they know there were children present until they entered? We are not quite to the Orwellian society where Big Brother knows everything.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There is no talking to someone like Korryn and get them to back down. She hears what she wants and and twist your words into something so she can be just be angry all the time. Korryn turned a simple traffic stop into a warrant in which she turned into a hostage situation which she turned into her manner of death.

No. Her big deal was pointing a gun at law enforcement officers and threatening to kill them with a five year old sitting with her.
That was her big deal.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative. But these children were in a dope house, with someone who threatened police with a gun. That's an exact situation where police need to come in and remove the children.

Bingo

ETA: and the mother of the year was living with that dope slinging man who was wanted for assaulting HER.
Add the total insane brainwashing she was doing to her kids and you have a GREAT living environment for 2 precious babies don't you???

Actually the first officer there heard a child crying before he kicked the door open. It didn't start out with the door being kicked open. I think you are looking for any excuse to trust this and make her look like a victim. Either you live in fantasyland or are part of the 'blame everyone else' mentality.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Let's look at it like this.
Let's say those officers went to arrest a close family member and there was a child there, also a close family member. How do you think they would have handled the situation then? Would they then place maximum value on this human life? All lives matter, right?

That's how I look at it anyway.

Of course her life matters. But it is kind of up to her. If she wants her life to matter then she needs to protect her life. And pointing a loaded weapon at cops and threatening to shoot them does not say to me that she herself valued her own life nor that of her child, sitting right there. Her life matters but it does not matter MORE than the child next to her or the humans in the hall way trying to get her to surrender. All lives matter but some people do not seem to value their own lives nor the lives of others sometimes.

Interesting. None of our parents in our middle to upper class neighborhoods had any reason to think anyone would have interaction with the police. I cannot think of a single person I knew that had interaction with the police except for a family a block away that parents said that we were not allowed to go near .Our teens knew that any car infractions would mean no more driving as insurance would become unaffordable.

I do not understand why parents would think their children would have police interactions. I never talked to my children about the police, It would never cross my mind that there would be a reason my children would have police interaction.

My son is 35 and back when he was a teen, the police had a neighborhood station and the kids would be working in the alley on their vehicles. They got to know the neighbor hood officers.
In the country where I lived, we had a constable. He knew eveyone and handled things appropriately. May or may not talk to your parents.

I am happy to see that the professionals, the LE , are looking at ways to keep everyone alive.An officer who kills someone usually ends up with big issues. It benefits no one

I guess that is where I went wrong. I grew up lower middle class.

You know, as a mother, I have felt like a failure on many occasions. But, I can say, I raised a great kid. Starts her freshman year of college next week.
Am I a perfect mother? No
Is my child perfect? No

But I can promise this. I have never put my child in danger on purpose. I have always put my child's safety as my #1 priority. I have never had drugs in my house. I have never had a convicted felon, convicted of attempted murder in my house. I have never taught my child to fight authority.

This woman was a horrible mother IMO. Her actions went against everything maternal instinct should have guaranteed.

She caused injury to that precious baby. Physical and mental. I pray for him. The younger baby won't remember the hate she spewed. Thank God.

JMO

They started out hostile by kicking in the door. That would get anyone uptight.

LEOs "started out hostile kicking in the door?

IIRC, multiple MSM said LEOs knocked on door for several minutes (one said ten min.), while they could hear activity inside (adults talking?). W no response, they obtained a key from LL & opened door to extent they could w safety chain in place. My paraphrasing. Sorry, no links. Lawful so far? Then LEOs pushed door to pop chain.

Seems if a resident was uptight, thinking ppl were trying to break in unlawfully, resident could/would/should call 911. Did either of them do that? IDK. IIRC, man picked up baby/toddler & exited apt, submitted to arrest. As I understand it, they ID'ed selves as LEOs, when knocking & before entering. Ms Gaines' reaction was to get shotgun, point it at them, & at threaten to kill them.

you are all trying to discuss this case with someone that is irrational, it is obvious from their posts that they arent trying to understand what you are saying or put any thought into their replies, they just immediately disagree with anything anyone says that doesnt amount to "cops are bad and racist and just want to kill people, they should always be perfect and passive and err on the side of caution and just leave if people are resisting"

the constant "traffic tickets do not deserve the death penalty!!" arguments are just one great example of how there is no thought put into their comments.

you are all trying to discuss this case with someone that is irrational, it is obvious from their posts that they arent trying to understand what you are saying or put any thought into their replies, they just immediately disagree with anything anyone says that doesnt amount to "cops are bad and racist and just want to kill people, they should always be perfect and passive and err on the side of caution and just leave if people are resisting"

the constant "traffic tickets do not deserve the death penalty!!" arguments are just one great example of how there is no thought put into their comments.

Luckily for us, LE are looking at ways for this to not happen, The professionals know this is not the way they want things to,work. Dangerous for the officers, dangerous for the public. I go,with what the pros say.

I can tell you as a teacher we learned it is not good to get into a confrontational situation. This is when active listening comes into play to deescalate situations. It works.
That is also known as the "let the spoiled, unruly, entitled, rotten punk that ruins our public school system for the rest of the kids get away with being disruptive and reinforce his bad behavior technique" which I personally think is mostly wrong with our broken public school systems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back