GUILTY MD - Multiple Fatalities At Capital Gazette Newsroom In Annapolis, 28 June 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping. :(

This moved me, actually a little teary-eyed..

Live updates: Shooting at Capital Gazette in Maryland - CNN

Capital Gazette editor: “Please understand, we do all this to serve our community”

Jimmy DeButts, an editor at the Capital Gazette, just tweeted that he was "devastated & heartbroken," and explained why it is he and his colleagues do the jobs they do.

"Devastated & heartbroken. Numb. Please stop asking for information/interviews. I’m in no position to speak, just know @capgaznews reporters & editors give all they have every day. There are no 40 hour weeks, no big paydays - just a passion for telling stories from our community," he said.

"We keep doing more with less. We find ways to cover high school sports, breaking news, tax hikes, school budgets & local entertainment," he wrote. "We are there in times of tragedy. We do our best to share the stories of people, those who make our community better. Please understand, we do all this to serve our community."

"Even as it deals with tragedy, the Capital Gazette is reporting the news
This the home page of the Capital Gazette right now:

2553ac27-79ca-4515-b221-a54cf4150c71.png

"We try to expose corruption. We fight to get access to public records & bring to light the inner workings of government despite major hurdles put in our way."

He added, "The reporters & editors put their all into finding the truth. That is our mission. Will always be."

I bet this is gonna come back to a girlfriend boyfriend wife etc ( he was talking about domestic violence

Criminal Harassment versus Civil Harassment

Criminal harassment should not be confused with how "harassment" is often used in contexts such as workplace discrimination lawsuits. Federal and state laws ban discrimination against certain types of people in certain situations, such as at work or in housing decisions. In these non-criminal contexts, the victim can sue the harasser in a private civil lawsuit, alleging that the harassment constitutes discrimination.

On the other hand, criminal harassment is usually confined to state law. States vary in how they define criminal harassment. Generally, criminal harassment entails intentionally targeting someone else with behavior that is meant to alarm, annoy, torment or terrorize them. Not all petty annoyances constitute harassment. Instead, most state laws require that the behavior cause a credible threat to the person's safety or their family's safety.

Though state harassment laws vary, they often take different levels and methods of harassment into account. Separate penal statutes or a general harassment statute may list various ways to communicate harassment, including telephone calls, emails, and other forms of communication. Whether there was any legitimate reason for the communication becomes a factor under many states' harassment laws.

Someone mentioned federal employee can you elaborate I have not run across that part yet

Harassment - FindLaw

I'm sure it will come out that the police had been advised. And the police will soon say, there was nothing they could do, because....ya know....2nd Amendment and all. So he kept his guns, and went on to take away the lives of 5 people. Oh well. The NRA will send their thoughts & prayers.

View attachment 137090

The gunman who shot dead five people and injured two others at Maryland's Capital Gazette newsroom on Thursday in a 'targeted attack' has now been identified.

Multiple outlets are reporting that Jarrod W. Ramos, 38, was the gunman taken into custody shortly he opened fire at the newsroom in Annapolis at about 2.40pm.

Ramos, who lives in Laurel, Maryland, had refused to identify himself to authorities in the aftermath of the shooting.

Five shot by gunman at Maryland's Capital Gazette newspaper building | Daily Mail Online

I’m so sorry about this terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with those who died, the injured and everyone involved.

OMG

I guess getting scared of him while looking at his twitter makes sense now

5 killed in targeted shooting at Capital Gazette

"Woman who was stalked, harassed, sued, and scared away to another state by suspect in fatal shooting of 5 at Capital Gazette in Annapolis told me he became, for no obvious reason, "fixated" with her..caused her to move 3x, changed her name, and now sleeps with a gun."

You can imagine that she's both terrified by this event, and relieved, now that he's never going to be able to bother her again.

Must be some sort of mental evals/treatments in JR's past. Just my supposition based on twitter acct.

Hi @CARIIS. I'm glad to see you posting updates in (yet another) breaking news thread here. Typist extraordinaire! <3

I bet this is gonna come back to a girlfriend boyfriend wife etc ( he was talking about domestic violence

Criminal Harassment versus Civil Harassment

Criminal harassment should not be confused with how "harassment" is often used in contexts such as workplace discrimination lawsuits. Federal and state laws ban discrimination against certain types of people in certain situations, such as at work or in housing decisions. In these non-criminal contexts, the victim can sue the harasser in a private civil lawsuit, alleging that the harassment constitutes discrimination.

On the other hand, criminal harassment is usually confined to state law. States vary in how they define criminal harassment. Generally, criminal harassment entails intentionally targeting someone else with behavior that is meant to alarm, annoy, torment or terrorize them. Not all petty annoyances constitute harassment. Instead, most state laws require that the behavior cause a credible threat to the person's safety or their family's safety.

Though state harassment laws vary, they often take different levels and methods of harassment into account. Separate penal statutes or a general harassment statute may list various ways to communicate harassment, including telephone calls, emails, and other forms of communication. Whether there was any legitimate reason for the communication becomes a factor under many states' harassment laws.

Someone mentioned federal employee can you elaborate I have not run across that part yet

Harassment - FindLaw

There are more details about the criminal harassment case against Ramos. He included the news article about his guilty plea in his "defamation" lawsuit against a Capital Gazette reporter. (His behavior was frightening, imo!! Whoa.)

Bumping pdf link to his appeal: https://www.mdcourts.gov/sites/default/files/import/appellate/unreportedopinions/2015/2281s13.pdf

Here's a USA Today story that summarizes it pretty well, too: Accused Capital Gazette shooter had sued paper, held grudge

six other media outlets in building

Holy god. Six?!

Does anyone know how many people were in the building overall and were evacuated, and specifically, how large the Capital's newsroom staff is? I'm looking for a masthead. I'll check the paper's website to see if it lists staff.

Holy god. Six?!

Does anyone know how many people were in the building overall and were evacuated, and specifically, how large the Capital's newsroom staff is? I'm looking for a masthead. I'll check the paper's website to see if it lists staff.

In one of the earlier press conferences they mentioned 170 people were evacuated. moo

I'm speculating that the suspect has/had multiple social media accounts and harassed others. Truth will out; I'll wait and see.

Do we have any idea of the shooter's motive?
If what is being said about him is true then he is one sick scary guy.

Sounds like it wouldn't take much to set him off.

anyone know anything about what federal position he was in

I would think he would have gotten fired after the case made the papers

In one of the earlier press conferences they mentioned 170 people were evacuated. moo

Ah! That's right. One of the CG reporters Tweeted he was trying to clarify with police whether 170 or 117 were evacuated from the building. I think it was reporter Chase Cook. I'll check and update.

hi you guys have not seen in a bit

different place different time different shooter different gun ==== same ole same ole

its endless and there is no reason to suspect it will ever stop

If bunches of kids and 58 concert goers, among others, didn't change anything, a few reporters getting killed certainly won't move the bar. Sadly, of course. On to the next.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back