MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know how the quote got mixed up together but maybe a Mod will fix it.:)

I call BS too. I have watched several channels today with reporters on the ground and they have talked to a lot of people and the people from the city told them these criminals aren't outsiders but they are from BM.

That is just said as a cop out.

IMO[/QUOTE]

The quote was totally screwed up.

I was the one who called BS. I'm happy you agree.

I don't believe for a minute that all these criminals, looters, and arsonists are all so-called "outside agitators".

I think it's total BS.

After Ferguson everyone said that was what CAUSED the rioting.
Too much police/military presence.
So this time they tried to assume it would be peaceful.
Didn't appear to work out too well for them.
Lesson being.... when people want to destroy things they will. :twocents:
Exactly. The anti-LE mob can't seem to make up their minds.

I'm a Baltimore area native. I am sickened by what I'm witnessing.

However, these events are not simply "****-vs-cops" or "LE-run-amok." There are multiple layers of frustration, injustice, lack of meaningful justice, and breakdown in communication.

We all need reflection and perspective before making any judgments.

I'm a Baltimore area native. I am sickened by what I'm witnessing.

However, these events are not simply "****-vs-cops" or "LE-run-amok." There are multiple layers of frustration, injustice, lack of meaningful justice, and breakdown in communication.

We all need reflection and perspective before making any judgments.

On CNN Marc Lamont Hill just said "these are not rioters these are up-risers protesting the killing of black men" He called their actions "righteous rage" and he blamed the fires on the police who killed Freddie. Completely disgusting comments by Hill IMO.

Hurt people, hurt people. All this destruction is an outward expression of what those participating feel themselves. Thing is they hurt their own because they don't want anything to change. It's easier to stick with the status quo of thinking the world is against them and they are all victims......

and getting all the freebies while doing ........

Sorry! Double post.

Please think of all the first responders involved here. They just want to go home at the end of their shifts.

It seems when they interview locals the blame goes back to the police.

Not directed at you, cuffem.

Why of course it does. Don't cha know the police are at fault that 90% of the homicides in BM have a black victim and a black offender.

I am sure that has to be the fault of the police. (rolling my eyes, and a lot of heavy sarcasm applied.)

I can see that but the police are having to do their job with their hands tied behind their backs. Our country is completely upside down when criminals aren't arrested immediately when they commit such acts of violence and injury to others. To some it is seen as acceptable to injury a cop, spit on a cop, threaten to kill his/her family, and target them to be murdered.

Instead of being told do to the jobs they are trained to do they are told to show great restraint. And any second now a bullet could be fired in the dark where an officer falls dead right in front of his team.

The Federal, State, and local governments are putting cops out there at great risk of being severely hurt or killed and the high ups don't want the police to protect themselves. They want them to stand there and take all of the abuse handed out. Every citizen in our country has a legal right to defend themselves, but that doesn't seem to apply to the police anymore.

Its the strangest situation I have ever seen starting last year.

. They not only let the situation get out of control their words make the rioting/looting/arson even worse The NG should have arrived hours ago. When the Mayor said that they had to give the violent protestors some space to destroy, I knew then this was going to turn into a powder keg.

It seems everything to do with accountability has been weakened. Not only this but even in world issues that affects all of us greatly.

Justice doesn't matter anymore to some. These creeps want their kind of justice (violence) now instead of waiting until the investigation is complete just like it is done in every situation whether it is a white cop shooting an AA or an AA cop shooting a white man.

Rawanda, Somalia?

Uh oh, CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill now discussing the word T.H.U.G. I never knew this was socially unacceptable until today. I will immediately update my politically correct urban dictionary.:facepalm:

Police: Gangs teaming up to 'take out' law enforcement officers

http://www.abc2news.com/news/crime-...eaming-up-to-take-out-law-enforcment-officers
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Police Department said it has received "credible information" that members of various gangs including the Black Guerilla Family, Bloods, and Crips have entered into a partnership to “take-out” law enforcement officers.

I have never watched, studied, or been a part of a riot for any reason.
This is horrifying to watch and follow. Very scary for all citizens, LE, and city personal who serve all people in the community. I feel for the children who may be watching or worrying about their own homes and families. The guardian angels please be with the little children-protect their frail hearts and minds. Amen.

JMO

Policemen are human too and today they have witnessed their own injured by this uncivilized mob. They are outnumbered and most likely are being ordered to just stand there and do nothing. I have absolutely no compassion for this mob and if they decide to pick up a rock and injure and maybe kill a policeman, then they deserve whatever reaction they get. I'm sure things would have been much worse if they had just shot the rock throwers, right?

Didn't your mother ever tell you, "He started it!" is not an excuse for bad behavior?

The police have various NON-LETHAL means of response at their disposal. It's not simply a choice between rocks and bullets. Picking up rocks and throwing them back at the rioters merely tells the public (including rioters, protesters and everyone else) what they already suspect: that the police in Baltimore are out of control.

Uh oh, CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill now discussing the word T.H.U.G. I never knew this was socially unacceptable until today. I will immediately update my politically correct urban dictionary.:facepalm:

Anything that calls out a group, even though they are guilty, isn't politically correct. We all have eyes, we can all see, and we can all see the truth being swept under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back