MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is in this lady's hand? Is it just the photo flash or something?

2j0axro.jpg

http://www.baltimoresun.com

Is the press conference happening? Can someone give updates - I can't see video on this computer. TIA.

#Baltimore police commissioner: "Tonight, I think, the biggest thing is that citizens are safe. The city is stable."

In a negative way. the 'protestors' looked a lot worse last night than the cops did.

I find it interesting that the Commissioner talks about how today was a good day without any riots, he leaves out the other violence that happened today. There was a total of 4 shootings today,(they aren't riot related), at least from what I have seen reported, with at least one resulting in death. Maybe the big media doesn't care that it is happening or he wants it to look like every thing is all good.

I was a single mother who worked and I have no college degree. I worked with other single mothers (if there are so many of them, then working together could happen) and I have one son with an engineering degree and the other soon to hold his in computer science. They went to a high school considered 'ethnically diverse' in these parts. There were and are gangs at the school they attended. Not a ghetto existence but not your average American family life either. Not everybody gets to live that and not just these kids either.
The 'system' is imperfect but sitting around and crying victim and then setting other poor people's lives aflame is just a plain copout, pure and simple...now we have people out there claiming 'this is what the founding fathers did'...sorry not seeing it. Dont think the cops are right but I can understand them more than I can the protestors...they keep arresting the same people over and over, then they are back out and yes, back at committing crimes. The people are ALL a part of the system they claim to despise and pointing their finger at another part while absolving themselves of any responsibility on their end is NOT going to change things. Neither is burning down their own neighborhoods...

That is debatable these days. But even if it were true, kids don't know about options they never see.

Right, Just like most of the public watching this unfold has any idea of how bad police corruption has been for the residents over the last 3 decades. Baltimore has legit complaints. I am upset how a lot of comments on the web are acting like they need to shut up and go home. They do need change and should have taken to the streets long before Gray was pronounced dead. If any city ever had a right to be outraged it is this one.IMO .

Scattered outbreaks of resistance flared as an overnight curfew settled over Baltimore, but they were largely quelled within an hour Tuesday night as thousands of local, state and federal law enforcement officers blanketed the city.

Shortly before midnight, Police Commissioner Anthony Batts reported 10 arrests, most of them for simple curfew violations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ba...-descends-baltimore-curfew-approaches-n350071

Daily Mail: "She is taking the brunt of this... she has no insurance': Heartbroken mom and son watch their store burn down in Baltimore riots"

Asian shopkeeper loses everything. Grace Lyo watched, distraught, as the Hae-Tteuneun Market burned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-love-neighborhood.html?ito=social-facebook

As reported by the NYT (see link) the rioters (who can only be described as racist IMO) targeted shops owned by Asians, Arabs while leaving black owned businesses untouched.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/confrontation-in-baltimore/church-leaders-gang-members-meet/

He described how he and some Bloods members stood in front of stores that they knew were black-owned business, to protect them from looting and vandalism. He said they made sure no black youths, or reporters, were injured by rioters.

Instead, he said, they pointed the rioters toward Chinese- and Arab-owned stores.

More insane reporting by CNN. CNN's Brooke Baldwin blamed the tensions on thenations veterans! In an interview with Rep Elijah Cummings - Baldwin said "I love our veteran's but some of them are coming home ready for battle" (presumably she was talking about LE veterans). Elijah Cummings agreed saying "we definitely need better recruitment".

I don't have a link to the interview on CNN and <modsnip>

Do other organizations - like CNN, US House of Reps, & Dem. party - need better recruitment?
Just askin', LOL.

Do other organizations - like CNN, US House of Reps, & Dem. party - need better recruitment?
Just askin', LOL.

After seeing the interviews with Rep Elijah Cummings I think they could use "better recruitment". I don't know how he could get elected Dogcatcher much less elected to Congress LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back