MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL on Geraldo trying to do a live cross from the streets and getting blocked from his own camera.

Scanner info belongs in the scanner forum.

Interesting point just made on CNN - curfew is at 10 and that applies to everyone - including media.

Oh no - how are we going to find out what is going on? (tongue in cheek)

JMHO

Media/press is exempt from the curfew

Yes one of my great grandmothers came over by ship via the Barnardo children's homes. Children who were living in the street or abandoned by parents were gathered up by Dr. Barnardo and sent to North American by ship. Conditions of these children were horrible - starving and left abandoned by those who could not afford to care for them. The upper class found the starving "waifs" on the street "embarrassing" and so they leapt at the solution to ship them out of England.

There certainly was a class system back then and there and I can't help but feel that the people in Baltimore are attempting to show us what it is like to live in "that part of town". I just feel a real sadness about the whole situation and I really and truly hope that something positive comes out of all of this. I really do. Something - anything positive that the citizens can build from.
Sending hope and prayers to Baltimore tonight.

Thank you button was not enough!

I have never met anyone who even heard of Barnardo, much less a decendant of one his "beneficiaries".

Disadvantaged, abandonded youth who resort to crime are not a new or uniquely American phenomenon.

Right .. so the curfew has passed, but Geraldo is still standing on the streets with a camera in a crowd .. is he INSANE?

Wait, don't answer that, I think I just answered my own question.

Also completely off topic, but distracting; you can see where he's had a lower facelift, for some reason that's really showing up under that lighting.

Thank you button was not enough!

I have never met anyone who even heard of Barnardo, much less a decendant of one his "beneficiaries".

Disadvantaged, abandonded youth who resort to crime are not a new or uniquely American phenomenon.

And still, we would rather they "get out of our way" and stay quiet so as not to bother us with their problems. Their problems are OUR problems. We're all Americans, and like it or not, we don't all have access to the same opportunities. You can't know something exists if no one ever tells you it exists. So those non-profits are great, they're doing great work, but if no one ever tells this young black child it exists, he can't seek help from them now can he?

JMOO

IKR?

I would never beat on my kiddo (or any other human, I would hope)....but if I saw my child preparing to harm other people and cause property damage and possibly loss of life..... i might shelve that philosophy and yank that varmint back home for a good talking-to.

Somewhat anxious - last night was quite a ride, no?

I thought that too ---mom of the year --upset that her child is engaging in violent behavior, so smack him around a dash about his skull, with your fists, then slam a bit more in his back, and for good measure be violently screaming and yelling at him at the same time -- "we dont engage in violence, son" smack, bam, boom, crash,smack kdaboom ............

Schzophrnic to me IMO!

One final good slam in the neck........................

ok if you want to compare last night to the Boston Tea Party go right ahead but I dont think they would have cut firehoses or thrown bricks at the firemen trying to put them out...the comparison is just not there.

did we all catch the mention on CNN that the mayor is a good friend of Sunny Hosten?
(color me surprised. not)

Elija Cummings and I think it is the mayor telling people to go home.

I don't think the peeps are listening though

This is REALLY insulting to single mothers and people raised by single mothers.

Exactly. What they need are parents or parent who are engaged, attentive and aware.

Doesn't mean it isn't hard. It IS. For two-parent families, for single parents, for grandparents raising their grandchildren. But the children who have an involved, caring adult in their lives are not as likely to follow the other, more criminal, "role models" in the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj