MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The today show briefly mentioned her a few moments ago (eastern time)

Her story was covered on the 'Today Show"
I didn't catch aything new though.

Good luck trying to sleuth the boyfriend, the guys name is as common as "John Smith".

The FBI is looking for Barnes

Authorities are taking the search for a missing Monroe teen to a major interstate highway, posting the girl's photo on billboards along heavily traveled Interstate 95 along the East Coast.

Police say billboards along the corridor between Baltimore and New York City will display a photo of Phylicia Barnes, the 16-year-old Union County high school student who disappeared in Baltimore on Dec. 28. The billboards will include a new nationwide telephone tips number for the case.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ch-for-teen-posted-on-i-95.html#ixzz17RJWT0XY

Oops The FBI has been looking for her for sometime, my bad

I need to catch up on this case... does anyone have a timeline? and who in the mix is on LE's radar?

16 year old goes to visit family on the other side of the country. No doubt 'partying' is going on.

Has it been verified by independent sources she was up and on her way for a late morning breakfast?

Page 6..Post 135 by GJ

Mike Hellgren reports in the past 24 hours, half the homicide squad, an academy class and concerned people in the community have passed out thousands of flyers. Nothing has been found, and it’s the lack of evidence that concerns police.

From the air, police are looking near the Reisterstown Road Plaza Shopping Center and at the Reisterstown Square Apartments where she was last seen.

“We have a map of the apartments. We’re going to break into teams,” said Sgt. William Simmons, homicide supervisor.

Detectives and volunteers went door-to-door. Barnes disappeared Dec. 28, while staying at her half-sister’s apartment. She was visiting from North Carolina.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/01/06/search-intensifies-for-phylicia-barnes/

:praying:

I need to catch up on this case... does anyone have a timeline? and who in the mix is on LE's radar?

16 year old goes to visit family on the other side of the country. No doubt 'partying' is going on.

Has it been verified by independent sources she was up and on her way for a late morning breakfast?

BBM

Just for clarification, it's about 450 miles from the Charlotte area to the Baltimore area. And I think she flew anyway, so I guess the distance is a moot point anyway since she didn't drive... I think she had been there before? (Let me find the link... OK here it is: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MD MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, believed abducted in Baltimore, 28-Dec-2010)

If everyone who had come in and out the apartment has been located...then I really do fear for Phylicia as that means she can't have been abducted by one of them and is being held, but alive. I do not see how a stranger would have had a chance to get a hold of her, if everyone is telling the truth.

I do not see how a stranger would have had a chance to get a hold of her, if everyone is telling the truth.

If she stepped outside to converse with someone, maybe about "what places are around here to get food that I can walk too?" that could be a time to take her, possibly.

I have tried to run so many scenarios in my head about where this girl has gone, but logically nothing makes sense - except the one where she is home.

They also have collected 40 hours of video from surveillance cameras at nearby businesses and apartment buildings, but neither those videos nor searches conducted in two locations have helped give investigators any leads, Guglielmi said.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/07/maryland.missing.teen/index.html?hpt=T2

I think the search needs to tighten in on the apartment complex, imho.

If she stepped outside to converse with someone, maybe about "what places are around here to get food that I can walk too?" that could be a time to take her, possibly.

I have tried to run so many scenarios in my head about where this girl has gone, but logically nothing makes sense - except the one where she is home.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/07/maryland.missing.teen/index.html?hpt=T2

I think the search needs to tighten in on the apartment complex, imho.

I think the window of time is very large. Her cell went to voicemail at 12:30 approx. Her sister DB called her brother, BB, between 5 and 6, and her father, RB, in the same time frame. That's 5 hours. I don't count MJ's seeing her on the couch at 1:30 as credible. If she was there, why wasn't she answering her sister, KB's texts and calls? She had a hair appt.

Did she come and go on her own as a rule, from her sister's apartment when visiting?

If DB's boyfriend, MJ, is an independent source, then yes.
If he isn't, then no.
DB saw her sleeping when DB left for work in the morning.
KB (other sister) was texting back and forth in the morning about her hair appt, and when she replied to the last text, at about 12:30, PB's phone wasn't active. When she called, it went directly to voice mail.
So 12:30 is the last word anyone heard from her.
MJ says he saw her sleeping at 1:30 when he left. That just doesn't sit right.

I think someone came and took her from the apartment. Period. I don't know if money exchanged hands, or if someone knew someone who knew someone. She did not leave to get something to eat. She did not leave to get her hair cut. She was taken. i don't know how or by whom. But someone knows.

Did she come and go on her own as a rule, from her sister's apartment when visiting?

According to both sides of PB's family, no. It was completely out of character for her to go off.
PB's mom understood that PB would never be out of the care of her sisters.
BB (brother) said she was afraid of the dark, hated the cold, and would not venture out on her own.
Father (RB) also said it was not like her at all. She communicated, checked in, told people of her plans, and was not comfortable going out in Baltimore on her own.

That doesn't rule out that she went somewhere, but it makes it, IMO, very unlikely.

<snips>

“We literally don’t have anything,” Baltimore Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the AJC Friday morning.
Guglielmi said authorities are conducting follow-up interviews. Authorities are hoping Phylicia Barnes was abducted and still alive, but they also have to focus on the fact that she may no longer be alive.

"We are hoping and praying that this is an abduction and that she is alive," he said. "Time is of the essence, and the more the time passes, the more unlikely that is the case."

Baltimore police have assigned half of its homicide squad to the case, and the FBI has agreed to fly in two helicopters equipped with advanced technology to help search for Barnes, according to the Sun. The massive manhunt includes the Maryland State Police, cadaver dogs, a 24-hour hotline and billboards along one of the nation’s busiest highways.

more here

http://www.ajc.com/news/clayton/daughter-of-clayton-county-797163.html

<snips>

“We literally don’t have anything,” Baltimore Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the AJC Friday morning.
Guglielmi said authorities are conducting follow-up interviews. Authorities are hoping Phylicia Barnes was abducted and still alive, but they also have to focus on the fact that she may no longer be alive.

"We are hoping and praying that this is an abduction and that she is alive," he said. "Time is of the essence, and the more the time passes, the more unlikely that is the case."

Baltimore police have assigned half of its homicide squad to the case, and the FBI has agreed to fly in two helicopters equipped with advanced technology to help search for Barnes, according to the Sun. The massive manhunt includes the Maryland State Police, cadaver dogs, a 24-hour hotline and billboards along one of the nation’s busiest highways.

more here

Wow. This is both devastating and great news. Terrible that they have no leads, BUT great that they are REALLY devoting a lot of time and manpower to her case. But, she deserves just that, dedication.

"Phylicia was staying in her 27-year-old sister’s basement apartment."

I'm not familiar with these types of apartments (no basements where I live). Does that mean there are no windows?

Most of the basement apartments I'm familiar with have half-windows or (even smaller)....

Here's a link to what is most commonly seen around here (DC area): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Basement_apartment.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back