MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most of the basement apartments I'm familiar with have half-windows or (even smaller)....

Here's a link to what is most commonly seen around here (DC area): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Basement_apartment.jpg

Okay, so that pretty much rules out a peeping Tom type of situation, wouldn't it? Someone would have to KNOW she was in the apartment. I can't see her opening the door to a stranger. I wonder if the boyfriend locked the door on the way out? I guess not since when the friends came by later the door was unlocked and music blaring? I might not be remembering the details correctly.

Actually, a lot of the basement apartments I saw (while living in MD) were kind of like "half" basements. There were windows and even sliding doors on one side of the apartment. I guess it depends on what kind of home it was. Many townhomes were three floors with the lower level being considered the "basement"...

:tyou: georgiajean

TIMELINE

Time Line for PB (Please add anything you have)

Tuesday December 28, 2010
Time??? DB left the house to go to work in the morning. PB was asleep. (Baltimore CBS)

11:30 am PB posts on FB she is hungry. (Baltimore CBS)

12:23-12:30 pm, PB texts sister, KB, to pick her up for her hair appt. They texted back and forth. The last text was between 12:23-12:30 was the LAST text KB received. (From JVIssues show)
KB texts and phones back repeatedly after that text, with no response. Phone goes directly to message. (Baltimore CBS)

1:00 pm DB’s boyfriend (ex?) MJ says she was asleep on him. (JS, Peas interview)
“Her sister’s boyfriend last saw the girl at 1p.m. Tuesday.” (Baltimore CBS)

1:30 pm MJ leaves apartment, says she was still asleep but she mumbled she was getting up soon to get something to eat. (JS and RB, Peas Interviews)
“Police say they were told by Deena Barnes that Phylicia left the apartment about 1:30 p.m. and said she was going shopping.” (Charlotte Observer) (This was based on what boyfriend said. DB did not see PB at this time)

Time?? DB’s friends come home, find the door unlocked and music playing loudly. Baltimore CBS

5 pm
DB comes home, finds PB gone. Makes phone calls. Calls brother, BB. He tells her to call their father.

5-6:00 DB texts father, RB “911, I can’t find PB”. He tells her to call LE. (RB Peas Interview)

After 6:30 BB, PB’s half brother, comes over after DB calls him at 6:30 pm. Computer is still on, he checks all her email and other accounts for anything. He finds nothing BB drives around, looking for PB, in case she is lost. (BB, Peas Interview)

8 pm, BB Returns to house, police are there. (BB, Peas Interview)
JS calls JB around 8, gets voice mail. JS then calls DB, who says she was just about to call you. JS talks to police at that time. (JS, Peas Interview)

When??? JB’s emergency credit card and cash were found in the apartment (from JVIssues show)

Thursday, Dec. 30, 2010
Police brought search dogs to the apartment complex on Thursday. Family member say the dogs lost the teen's scent in the parking lot. (Fox Baltimore)
Mom (JS) arrives from NC to help with search. (JS, Peas Interview)

As of 1-3-11 Home Depot surveillance cameras have been checked, with no footage of PB. (RB and BB, Peas Interview)
Phone records have been subpoenaed, but any information has not been shared with family (JS, Peas Interview)

Sources:
Peas Interview with BB and RB http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasintheirpods/2011/01/03/a-missing-daughterphylicia-barnes
Peas Interview with JS http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasintheirpods/2011/01/04/phylicia-simone-barnes
JVIssues Show http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947#p/u/1/FtPt3DmuJbY and http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947#p/u/0/tyrphR7QdeA
Fox Baltimore
http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wbff_vid_6283.shtml
Baltimore CBS
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/12/31/family-of-nc-teen-missing-in-baltimore-speaks-out/
Charlotte Observer
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ore-search-intensifies-for.html#ixzz1A6chGVXp

All of this just doesn't sound good, IMHO.:(

JMHO
fran

Okay, so that pretty much rules out a peeping Tom type of situation, wouldn't it? Someone would have to KNOW she was in the apartment. I can't see her opening the door to a stranger. I wonder if the boyfriend locked the door on the way out? I guess not since when the friends came by later the door was unlocked and music blaring? I might not be remembering the details correctly.

According to the boyfriend (MJ), he locked the door behind him (from BB/RB's Peas in Their Pods interview).
We need to know the timeline from 12:30 to when DB came home. When was her hair appt. supposed to be? What did KB (sister) do when she couldn't reach PB via cell phone? When did DB find out that PB was missing (i.e. did KB call her?). This 5 hour window is really bugging me.

Just had a thought. If no one actually talked to PB after DB left for work in the morning, all of the other references (facebook post at 11:30, texting with KB) could have been done by someone else, trying to distract people who would be concerned. Probably really unlikely, but possible. That would make the window of opportunity even larger.

I'm beginning to believe that Phylicia did not leave her sister's apartment on her own accord. Why? Because no other person saw her at 1:30 pm walking down the street, no camera's in Reistertown Plaza ever saw her. Also, Phylicia did not like to go out in Baltimore alone and she did not like the cold. She would also not have left to walk to get something to eat with slippers on and a dead cell phone. Phylicia had a hair appointment and she and her sister would have eaten out then. I am sure there was proably some thing to snack on until her sister came to pick her up. The BCP needs to interogate the sister's BF and his friends that has been in the apartment, again. She did not just vanish into thin air!!! If she had walked to Reisterstown Plaza someone would have remembered by now!!!! I pray all the time for her safe return! She is a beautiful young lady! Someone needs to tell where she is! JMHO!!!!

Is it possible someone gave her something to knock her out (thus the lack of sign of struggle)?

MOO: I think the abductor is removed from the primary witnesses by at least one degree. Someone who was in and out of that apartment over the week was talking about PB to others. The abductor is someone who was not in and out of the apartment that week, but who knew of the apartment (that the door was unlocked, that it was a flop house), and learned of PB being there and thought there was money to be made or a crime to be committed. JMOO

Actually, a lot of the basement apartments I saw (while living in MD) were kind of like "half" basements. There were windows and even sliding doors on one side of the apartment. I guess it depends on what kind of home it was. Many townhomes were three floors with the lower level being considered the "basement"...

I agree with this- most of the basement apartments that are part of an apartment complex in the DC/MD area have full windows or ones that are somewhat smaller. By code there must be more than one entrance to an apartment, so a fully underground apartment with just small windows and a front door would not be built. My sister lived in 2 'basement apartments'. They both were down stairs from the front of the building but both had full windows and a walk out sliding glass door. Living in a basement apartment could allow more access points!

If you google the address and use the street view of the complex you can see basement units- they have a full sliding glass door that is dug down a few feet and then some full size and some reduced size windows.

But how did someone get her out the building without appearing on a camera? Aren't they pretty much everywhere? If she would have been seen walking, someone else should have been seen carrying...

But how did someone get her out the building without appearing on a camera? Aren't they pretty much everywhere? If she would have been seen walking, someone else should have been seen carrying...

The dogs traced her from the apartment door to the sidewalk, where cars park. My understanding (from the Peas in Their Pods interviews with JS, BB,and RB) is that the cameras were at Home Depot (across the street) and if she had crossed the street to go to any of the shopping areas across the street, she would be on the video footage. She had to pass cameras to get to the places where food was sold, on the other side of Home Depot. There may be cameras on the apartment's side of the street, but my understanding was not. Any one know for sure??

The dogs were used on Thursday (she went missing on Tuesday), if that is relevant.

To my understanding there are no camera's in the apartment complex. Dogs did trace her to the apartment complex parking lot. Reisterstown Plaza would be facing the backside of the businesses from the apartments and she would have had to cross two side streets before getting into the back of the lot to the Plaza. Home Depot is at the front of the shopping center, closer to reisterstown Road. The places to eat would be in near the Home depot camera's.

Good luck trying to sleuth the boyfriend, the guys name is as common as "John Smith".

If you're using the Maryland system, you can narrow down by all sorts of things to make it easier. I use it a lot.

When the mods decide whether we can sleuth, I'll be glad to give some pointers.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/07/1963554/police-focus-on-2-possibilities.html

Police focus on 2 areas in Monroe teen case

The father of a Monroe teenager who disappeared in Baltimore is organizing a Saturday search for his daughter as police focus on two possibilities in connection with the case....(snip)....

On Friday, police said they are investigating the possibilities that either someone has done something to her or she was taken outside of the area......

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...e-focus-on-2-possibilities.html#ixzz1APQcSsi5

Without physically going back through the thread, IIRCC, LE has interviewed everyone who'd been to the apartment?

IMHO, they should bring them ALL in AGAIN! Then if that doesn't work, bring them back in collectively and have a meeting.

Just an idea,
fran

Phylicia is out there somewhere!

Prayers that this sweet girl is found safe. :praying:

Search Continues for Phylicia Barnes, Missing for 10 Days After Trip to Baltimore

By DAVID KERLEY AND ARLETTE SAENZ
Jan. 7, 2011

http://abcnews.go.com/News/search-continues-honor-student-missing-11-days/story?id=12565597

Police say several people who visited the apartment are considered persons of interest, and the two likely scenarios proposed by investigators are abduction or murder.

Hopefully one will talk. That is all they need just one person to tell the truth. Someone knows something. That show I Almost Got Away With It... well they seem to tell someone, ask for help with money, its just a matter of time but thats JMO.

Now we're starting to see the MSM reporting on Phylicia. She's on the front page of AOL.

This article says they're reinterviewing everyone. Good.

Prayers Phylicia is found safe and sound and soon!

fran

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/07/p...search-for-missing-north-caroli/?ncid=webmail

Police: National Media Needed in Search for Teen

Authorities in Maryland are stepping up efforts to locate Phylicia Barnes, a 16-year-old North Carolina girl who disappeared while visiting relatives in Baltimore. But a local police official said the national media need to take note of the case.

"We are doing everything we can," Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told AOL News, noting that more than 35 detectives are working on the case, as well as two teams from the FBI.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's too late for me to edit my post, but I apologize for typing the words "on TOP OF me" in my post. According to the quotes I've seen, he only said "on me". And I agree - that could mean many other things. My apologies...

:truce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back