MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's light snow on the ground this morning in our area... Prayers to LE and all others who are out searching today.

Today, I'm still praying for Phylicia and her family! I hope that some news will soon be know into the whereabouts of this beautiful young lady! I hope that LE will get leads into this case and that whoever has taken Phylicia will come forward! Now, I'm going downstairs to listen to the Baltimore scanner. If I was able I would be in Baltimore looking for this young lady right now!!!

I hope LE has someone watching this WS's thread.
I hope they have the phone records of PB, as well as DB, KB, and MJ.
I hope they compare the phone records to what is being said by witnesses.

Have we gotten permission/denial to sleuth MJ and DB/KB?

I'm in rural MD, but I've seen stories like this over and over again since I've tracked missing person cases here for a decade. Unfortunately, I don't believe she's a human trafficking victim at all.

I believe we have a situation with a young woman coming here to visit a sister with a relationship on the rocks. There was a reason the sister conveyed the boyfriend was moving out to PB's mother. I think the sister meant well, and I think the mother is probably kicking herself in the butt for not reading more into this.

So, a young girl travels to see a sister in a dangerous (which is exciting to many young people) area. What I find odder than anything is why is spending Christmas with a sister she's known for less than 2 years and not her mother or father and why is this allowed? But parents sometimes have other kids (seems PB has an older sister in NC and a younger sibling) and work and get overwhelmed.

Sister DB is well raised enough to not possess a criminal record and have a good job. Why wouldn't you send her there? KB also as well seems on the mark. So, this can be understood. Yet, there's a breakup in place, and a 11 years younger, fresh as a breeze sister in town. Who is left alone with the wayward boyfriend. No woman would leave this around their boyfriend for a second, except for a sister since there's a line that is automatically assumed will never be crossed (number one reason why molestations happen is people just can't comprehend this occurring).

I see a situation where the b/f or a friend of his hit on PB. And she did not want this. Fight ensues and a problem that wasn't meant to happen happens. Sister is in love with b/f, I could see that in her eyes in the interview. She's torn. Sister she barely knows or boyfriend she's in love with.

I'm beginning to believe that Phylicia did not leave her sister's apartment on her own accord. Why? Because no other person saw her at 1:30 pm walking down the street, no camera's in Reistertown Plaza ever saw her. Also, Phylicia did not like to go out in Baltimore alone and she did not like the cold. She would also not have left to walk to get something to eat with slippers on and a dead cell phone. Phylicia had a hair appointment and she and her sister would have eaten out then. I am sure there was proably some thing to snack on until her sister came to pick her up. The BCP needs to interogate the sister's BF and his friends that has been in the apartment, again. She did not just vanish into thin air!!! If she had walked to Reisterstown Plaza someone would have remembered by now!!!! I pray all the time for her safe return! She is a beautiful young lady! Someone needs to tell where she is! JMHO!!!!

Thanks sophclown. I read this thread and finally got the initials down pat (sorry everybody I don't know why I was having such issues with that the other day! :))

MJ (correct me if I'm wrong please?) is the last known person by self admission to have seen Phylicia?

If so, then I can't move past him onto other theories until LE comes out and says that he has been cleared completely.

Now I'm not pointing the finger at him directly, but the rule of thumb usually is...(might not be him directly, could be an associate of his)

Just my gut...tells me this isn't going to turn out okay. :(

Prayers for this beautiful child.

Thanks sophclown. I read this thread and finally got the initials down pat (sorry everybody I don't know why I was having such issues with that the other day! :))

MJ (correct me if I'm wrong please?) is the last known person by self admission to have seen Phylicia?

If so, then I can't move past him onto other theories until LE comes out and says that he has been cleared completely.

Now I'm not pointing the finger at him directly, but the rule of thumb usually is...(might not be him directly, could be an associate of his)

Just my gut...tells me this isn't going to turn out okay. :(

Prayers for this beautiful child.

I truly believe that Phylicia never left DB's apartment to go eat or shopping. The story that circulated about Phylicia taking a nap is what has me suspious of the entire story. You see Phylicia is a very smart young lady and she had fears of walking the streets of Baltimore alone. So, she would absolutely not walk alone to a shopping center without her cell phone in working order. Nor would she leave to go shopping in slippers in the middle of the afternoon. It is either MJ or one of the persons that was in the apartment that knows of Phylicia's whereabouts. I hope that LE will stay on this case by interogating every person that walked in and out of that apartment while Phylicia was there. This will be the key to this case. As time goes on, I'm too am starting to believe that this is not going to have a postive outcome. My prayers
are with Phylicia and her parents all day long!! As JS said God will get whoever did this to Phylicia and I hope it happens very soon.

Okay - here is the direction for sleuthing family and the boyfriend. Only the sisters and the boyfriend. Remember - one sister (KB) was in touch with PB by text until she no longer received a response.

Treat family members gently and use your common sense. You may not BASH, only sleuth.

Since these people were the last people to be seen with her and LE has not come out and said they are NOT suspects I feel it is just fine to sleuth them.

Also their background and past leaves a lot to be desired it sounds like.

Thanks for checking on this. This case is one of those situations where common sense is how we look at things IMO.

Common sense tells us to look at these people as possible suspects since they were the last ones to be seen with her, LE has not said they are not suspects, and their background.

So please go forth and sleuth:)

Okay - here is the direction for sleuthing family and the boyfriend. Only the sisters and the boyfriend. Remember - one sister (KB) was in touch with PB by text until she no longer received a response.

Treat family members gently and use your common sense. You may not BASH, only sleuth.

Thank you very much! To you and Tricia :rocker:

I am horrible at sleuthing people, so hopefully someone else can grab that side, but my feeling since day 1 on this is, there were drugs in and out of that house ( mj and alcohol by admission, possibility of more???) MOO on the drug issue is that she was given something, and OD'D. And there is a huge cover up in this. I think more than 1 person knows what/where she is, but I really think it was an accident, and someone needs to spill it NOW!!! All MOO

A useful tool for sleuthing in Maryland is the Maryland Judiciary Case Search.

Every state should have something this good.

For common names, it's helpful to narrow down by party type (attorney, defendant, plaintiff or other), and case type.

There are other ways to narrow it down. Narrowing by county could help you. Baltimore City would be a good place to start, followed by Baltimore County, Carroll, Howard, Anne Arundel, Harford, Montgomery, Prince George's, in that order.

Ocean City, a popular summer vacation spot where some people get in trouble, is in Worcester County, if you're being really thorough.

ETA link: http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp

Thank you, Tricia and Salem.
I wish there was a way to know for sure what time KB lost contact with PB, and that LE has verified this contact via phone records. I have no reason to doubt KB, but we wouldn't be doing our best sleuthing to not ask for proof. From everything I have read/watched, this girl is a beautiful human being, and if there is anything we can do to help bring her home, we need to do it.

New info for Time Line
From this article: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-missing-girl-father-20110108,0,2736197.story

Quote: In a brief interview, Phylicia Barnes' older half-sister, Deena Barnes, 27, said her sister was sleeping when she left her apartment at 8:45 a.m on Dec. 28. She said they spoke on the phone and texted several times that morning and through the afternoon, mostly about setting up a hair styling appointment for the teen. She said allegations made by Phylicia Barnes' mother, Janice Sallis, that large groups of men often congregated in her apartment are "untrue."

So, last physical siting, other than sister's BF MJ, was 8:45.
"Through the afternoon" is odd phrasing, IMO. KB said the last text she received was 12:30. That is not throughout the afternoon in my book. Is the phrasing by DB a defensive measure? Under scrutiny from PB's mom, and the harsh words JS has put out about DB, is DB starting to build her defense?

I too have a very bad feeling and do not think this case will be solved on a national level, but extremely local, right to that apartment in fact. I do feel for P's sisters, as no matter what happened, they must be in agony thinking they may have allowed someone into their home who might hurt their little sister. But I think that is exactly what happened.

Missing girl's mother angry with sibling over men in apartment

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2011/01/missing_girls_mother_angry_wit.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...irl-father-20110108,0,2736197.story?track=rss

In a brief interview, Phylicia Barnes' elder half-sister, Deena Barnes, 27, said her sister was sleepingwhen she left her apartment at 8:45 a.m Dec. 28. She said they spoke on the phone and texted several times that morning and through the afternoon, mostly about setting up a hair appointment for the teen. She said allegations made by Phylicia Barnes' mother, Janice Sallis, that large groups of men often congregated in her apartment are "untrue."

Someone is not telling the whole truth about 20 men visiting the apartment where Phylicia was staying since Christmas!!! However, I still believe she was taken from the apartment by someone. :twocents:

I looked up the sister, but there are quite a few folks with MJ... How can I narrow it down - any of you have any other info? Age? Middle initial/name? BD? Thanks! (just give me what I need that's still within TOS...)

Respectfully snipped ~
Thank you very much! To you and Tricia :rocker:

You are all very welcome, but please don't forget Hoppyfrog, who is the mod that got the ball rolling :)

Salem

And prayers that we find something that will help bring Phylicia home!

Are the mother and father both from Monroe, NC? Thanks in advance and praying for this sweet girl and her family.

Respectfully snipped ~

You are all very welcome, but please don't forget Hoppyfrog, who is the mod that got the ball rolling :)

Salem

And prayers that we find something that will help bring Phylicia home!

Thank you Hoppyfrog mod!!:woohoo:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceEmm