MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26415292/detail.html

ETA from the detective Guglielmi
Originally had a list of 20 people from DB.
Narrowed it down to 12.
They are re-interviewing everyone to make sure their stories are consistent, and poking at any holes they find.
Trying to get as accurate a time line as possible for PB's day that Tuesday.

I did find out from an advocate that there is really good groundwork going on in this case. Prayers to bring home this sweet girl.

I can't seem to find any reports that LE took any search dogs (scent or cadaver) into the bldg that PB was last seen?

I can't seem to find any reports that search warrants were obtained and the premises in which PB was reportedly last seen searched? With CSI too?

Am I missing something? No links needed. Just tell me if I did thank you.

A previous poster mentioned that the sister had a good job and no criminal record so she seemed to be on the up-and-up. Am I the only one who thinks anyone who would let that many people in and out of her apartment (or be with a man who had that many visitors) is a bit shady? I am not saying she is, I am just saying something doesn't sit right with me. Add in the booze and pot and I am wondering what the heck? The first thing that I think of when I hear of that many people going in and out of a house, even if they are acquaintances/friends is that someone in that house has something for sale.

I hope this young lady is found soon. I am so glad the media and the police are on it and I feel valuable time was wasted by this not getting into the media right away. I really fear for this girl. There is no way she ran away, just no way.

A previous poster mentioned that the sister had a good job and no criminal record so she seemed to be on the up-and-up. Am I the only one who thinks anyone who would let that many people in and out of her apartment (or be with a man who had that many visitors) is a bit shady? I am not saying she is, I am just saying something doesn't sit right with me. Add in the booze and pot and I am wondering what the heck? The first thing that I think of when I hear of that many people going in and out of a house, even if they are acquaintances/friends is that someone in that house has something for sale.I hope this young lady is found soon. I am so glad the media and the police are on it and I feel valuable time was wasted by this not getting into the media right away. I really fear for this girl. There is no way she ran away, just no way.

Good Point. Me too. JMHO

From what I've heard about this case, who ever it was this young lady (Phylicia Barnes) was visiting, (perhaps sister) will have to tell detectives what men have been hanging around the apt (often) for the last few days before the disappearance of this young lady. One of the men probably took more of an interest in Phylicia Barnes, as far as hanging around her or underneath her. This person also (probably owns a vehicle) Could have tricked her to approach his vehicle or tricked her to get into his vehicle for quick conversation, then, took off with her. This young lady probably had been speaking (only casually) as friends only to the man. I'd start off with Phylicia's sisters (boyfriend). I read something up top (on this thread) about a text. I will read more thoroughly to get up dated with this case.

I can't seem to find any reports that LE took any search dogs (scent or cadaver) into the bldg that PB was last seen?

I can't seem to find any reports that search warrants were obtained and the premises in which PB was reportedly last seen searched? With CSI too?

Am I missing something? No links needed. Just tell me if I did thank you.

Some kind of dogs were used because they found a scent that ended on the apartment parking lot.

There have been search warrants issued for the apartment where she was last seen, as well as other places of interest, according to the police spokesman. I think he said nothing of importance was found in the apartment. I take that to mean no signs of violence.

I think because the girl's uncle is an officer with the Baltimore police department, that this has been handled fairly well. Much better than other cases the police department has investigated. It sounds like they are concentrating on the men who were known to have visited the aprtment while Phylicia was there. IMO that is the way to go - at least 1 of them, maybe more, is involved in her disappearance. Doesn't mean they have her now, she could have been handed off to someone else.

A previous poster mentioned that the sister had a good job and no criminal record so she seemed to be on the up-and-up. Am I the only one who thinks anyone who would let that many people in and out of her apartment (or be with a man who had that many visitors) is a bit shady? I am not saying she is, I am just saying something doesn't sit right with me. Add in the booze and pot and I am wondering what the heck? The first thing that I think of when I hear of that many people going in and out of a house, even if they are acquaintances/friends is that someone in that house has something for sale.

I hope this young lady is found soon. I am so glad the media and the police are on it and I feel valuable time was wasted by this not getting into the media right away. I really fear for this girl. There is no way she ran away, just no way.

You would think a decent girl wouldn't have anything to do with such goings on but that isn't always true. I know of 2 very well-brought up educated girls who got involved with the wrong guys in Baltimore city and were on the fringe of the drug-scene due to his involvement. Their mothers were scared for their safety but the girls didn't listen. Some girls in this age group are easily taken in by guys, especially if he has a ready supply of cash.

So it doesn't surprise me that the sister does not have a record, but that odd things were going on at her apartment. That may be why she told the boyfriend to move out by January 1.

Just hoping that there will soon be some leads on the whereabouts of Phylicia. I have

searched and searched from info on MJ and nothing as yet. I have been listening on

the scanner for anything in relation to this case and there has also been nothing. I

pray that Phylicia will come home soon. I also pray that someone will come forward

with the information that her parents need so badly. Someone in or that visited JB's

apartment holds the key to this case!

I hadn't read this article yet. It was interesting to read what LE said about the sister's lifestyle, DB.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/07/p...w|dl1|sec1_lnk3|194167&a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

Anyone who had contact with Phylicia in the hours leading up to her disappearance is considered a person of interest, police said. According to Guglielmi, Phylicia's half-sister's lifestyle makes the potential suspect pool large and difficult to narrow down.

"[Phylicia's] sister is college-age, and she had a lot of friends coming in and out," he said. "I would describe it probably like a dorm room setting. They party, maybe do a little drinking, [but] there is no activity there that concerned us -- no illicit drug use or sex parties or anything ridiculous. She was just a young lady with a lot of friends, [and] that makes our job difficult."

That's interesting. I saw her age quoted as 27 in MSM. I'll look for the link... Here's one: http://mobile.baltimoresun.com/wap/...4&cid=17076&scid=1956&ith=2&title=Top+Stories

Evidently 27 is considered college age in Baltimore? I read a comment on a news article from someone who had lived in those apartments (allegedly), and the poster said that they were not near a college, and would not be considered a college flop house. But, DB is in college, and works a steady job.

Thank you georiajean for your link. Very Helpful. What I've learn is, mother spoke to Phylicia on x-mas day.

Next called on Sunday (voice mail)..

Monday, the mother didn't call but states that Phylicia's sister (Chantel) spoke to Phylicia on phone (on Monday). Phylicia (allegedly) tells sister Chantel that some guy made sexual advances toward her and that she felt uncomfortable there and she rejected the sexual advances. (So, I know detectives are checking phone records).

It is my understanding that people come and go from the apt and door stays unlock. To my understanding, alcohol and drugs are used in this apt. Phylicia was a pretty clean cut young lady who did not drink or do drugs but, may have while visiting there.

The text that boyfriend sent to his girlfriend, which is (phylicia's sister Dana) is very striking. The wording is awkward. it states: (Phylicia is up and active) Which in my eyes, that means something had already took place. That was about 5pm (I'm taking that was on (Tues)

Yet, on Tues @ 1:30 pm, it was stated that Phylicia was sleep. Another said that Phylicia said she was going shopping.

It appears that Mike (Dana's boyfriend) was the last to see Phylicia at or about 1:30 pm on Tues. This disturbs me due to the fact that Dana is claiming she was not at home and left Mike and Phylicia in the apt together.

What also disturbs me is that, Dana and Russel told Mike to stay away and Russel won't leave Dana alone to speak to anyone.

My guess would be that Mike (perhaps) slipped Phylicia a date rape drug or ecstasy pill, in which her body could not handle (is one theory) This would subdue Phylicia so that she wouldn't be able to fight back.

Absolutely Dana is covering up for some-one. No-one saw Phylicia leave the apt to go shopping. It is not logical for Phylicia to leave and go shopping with-out the credit card. I think she was drugged with something her body could not handle. If dogs picked up a scent in the parking lot, a vehicle had to be parked there to dispose of the body or perhaps the scent was from the day before.

All evidence points at Mike to be the main suspect in this case (and perhaps a friend of his. Dana is not being truthful. She's covering up for her boyfriend or perhaps been threatened to paralyze her voice. Dana also lied when she stated she was about to call her sister's mother.

FWIW, this same issue keeps coming up in recent cases, so I have learned a lot in recent weeks about SAR and recovery dogs.

If we presume that LE used search and rescue dogs to find a scent (as they most likely believed Phylicia to be alive and missing at the time), the dogs would track ANY scent that Phylicia left....so if she EVER went to that parking area during her trip, the dogs would easily trace that scent. Dogs can differentiate between how recent/old a scent is, but we aren't told if THESE dogs were trained to do that task. But the main point is that SAR dogs and recovery dogs are trained to sniff out different smells...and IF Phylicia is deceased, SAR dogs wouldn't have picked up that scent at all, nor would they have been looking for it at all.
So, I wonder if LE has planned to call in recovery dogs!?!? I know CUE will bring in both types of dogs as they have with Brittanee Drexel. I really hope this family is getting a lot of support. Praying for them and for Phylicia.

"Numerous searches, such as one on Sunday near Catonsville, have left investigators empty-handed, but with a new focus on Patapsco State Park."

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/01/10/prayer-service-held-for-missing-n-c-teen-phylicia-barnes/

ETA: This is leaning toward a bad outcome, I'm afraid.... :(

:cry:

I feel so bad for this family- organizing their own searches, begging for media to get the word out.

This story below really touched me - made me realize how many folks could be found/helped if we all felt the sort of conviction that this man felt:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...08_1_search-disappearance-northwest-baltimore
Ben Thomas, whose young daughter attends the same charter school as Barnes, drove some seven hours from his home in North Carolina last Thursday night to help search for the missing teen. He's been staying a fried's house, and he joined Saturday's search. At Phylicia Barnes' school, where his daughter is a seventh-grader, Thomas said everyone has been wearing purple — Barnes' favorite color — to express hope that she'll be found safe. The school's wrestling team wore purple socks at a recent match, he said.

"I just couldn't look in her eyes and say everything was being done if I didn't do something," Thomas said of his daughter. "If she were gone, I'd want everyone outside of their comfort zone."

Please read this article's comments section. KB leaves some comments there.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/12/31/mom-of-missing-n-c-teen-speaks-out/

I also

found KB's facebook, however, it is set to private. I'm starting to get bits and pieces

on sleuthing KB and DB. The MJ is difficult and I'm still working on that. I just do not

get in trouble or a timeout. If I find anything important , I will get it cleared by a

mod first. Still praying hard for Phylicia and her family. I hope that they will get some

news soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895